@rae
Active 6 days, 20 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
whaley replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeeeeesss 😭 I’m tasked with making them each year, and I secretly eat the masa and meat raw like cookie dough… 😬
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @loopylin @rae @koshka @elishavet-pidyon
My shower thoughts sometimes turn into poems. 😛
…
No name.
Ten years I’ve lost my ever-changing mind.
My words have slowed, and must be redefined.
Your name slips on my tongue, a stranger’s taste;
The dullness and the gray leave me misplaced.
A nursing home will try to…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Well… I’ve read books with 100+ chapters, so it wouldn’t bother me at all. The book I’m reading right now is YA fantasy with roughly 70 chapters. If your chapters are a little short, it might make sense to combine some of them so it doesn’t feel too choppy. But otherwise it’s all up to you.
-
whaley replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Tamales especially are definitely a holiday food here. Although that doesn’t mean we don’t eat them year round, which we do, they’re just a Christmas tradition I guess.
No waaaay. O.O That’s our tradition! We have homemade tamales for Christmas dinner every year, plus a huge smorgasbord of cheese, meats, candies, etc.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Ah. That makes sense. We have turkey and ham for both, so we have dressing at both.
-
Esther replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m tryna remember, lol… Um… We normally do with Thanksgiving since we have turkey, but on Christmas we only serve ham, so I don’t think we eat stuffing too. I might be remember wrong though. There’s a couple side dishes that change every year.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
So, does your family have dressing or stuffing (or neither)?
We usually have cornbread dressing, although we have family up north who have stuffing, and I like both. The debates over which is better are fun to listen to.
-
Esther replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah, we normally have a more traditional dinner too (ham, green beans, mac ‘n’ cheese, potatoes, etc.). Dad likes to switch things up every now and then, but his side of the family (the one we normally celebrate Christmas with), likes to stick to the traditional meal. 😉
Ohhh, ok, that makes more sense now. I can totally see that bei…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Praying!!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
We also have a bonfire and fireworks on Christmas Eve. It’s great fun.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Really? My family usually has a more traditional Christmas dinner with cornbread dressing, potatoes, turkey, ect. But we did barbeque one year with extended family, and enchiladas another.
I’m born and raised Texan, and yeah. Tamales especially are definitely a holiday food here. Although that doesn’t mean we don’t eat them year round,…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The diamond game. in the forum Film 1 year, 9 months ago
Also congrats to Esther! I can’t wait to read her short story!!! I love Christmas stories! Who knows, maybe I will even read to my younger siblings!
(I still need to read 😅)
Aw, thanks!! 🤗 No rush at all! (If you don’t find time to read it, I will not be offended at all. :))
-
Esther replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you are playing family, and you are the long lost cousin from Australia who was in jail for arson and wants to burn down the White House.
Me and my brother have two friends who are Australian and for some reason I can imagine one of them actually doing that. 🤣
-
Esther replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I am having mixed emotions right now…..
First off, I loved that scene!!! It was so sweeetttt!!! 😍
Second… FiVe SnOwBaLlS?!?! *humphs* *does the math* Oh, that’s only 250 words. 😅🤣
Not as bad as I thought, lollll
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
@theduckator
Oh no! That’s really hard. My dad quit his job some years back because it was too stressful and not a good job to keep. He was without a full-time job for nine months. But the whole time God provided for us in so many different ways! God will get you guys through this. I promise. 🫂 Praying for y’all! 🩷
-
Esther replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh! Another tradition our family has is reading through an Advent devotional throughout the month of December. 🥰
-
Esther replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Random side note because I did recently find this out. Easter is mentioned in the KJV Bible (Acts 12:4), but it was an incorrect/imperfect translation. Most other translations use Passover.
Huh, interesting… I just looked that up in KJV and ESV and you’re right. 🤔 I’ve never noticed that before!
That’s awesome. A lot of people I know ea…
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Ooh, I love singing Christmas hymns too! Also what I mean by “on the fence” about celebrating it is that I’m just not sure if I should celebrate it this year. My family always does, but doing a bit of research on it I’m not 100% certain all of the traditions are okay to do. To counter that though, I’ve also been doing research into the…[Read more]
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah, on nearly everything I’ve found on Christmas the stuff is regurgitated that Christmas is all pagan and completely stolen, but then when you look to objections to that, the evidence against it is much more substantial.
That sounds like a great way to celebrate Christmas.
I honestly don’t understand why…
- Load More
