@princesachronicle22
Active 5 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 841
-
Esther replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you are playing family, and you are the long lost cousin from Australia who was in jail for arson and wants to burn down the White House.
Me and my brother have two friends who are Australian and for some reason I can imagine one of them actually doing that. 🤣
-
Esther replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I am having mixed emotions right now…..
First off, I loved that scene!!! It was so sweeetttt!!! 😍
Second… FiVe SnOwBaLlS?!?! *humphs* *does the math* Oh, that’s only 250 words. 😅🤣
Not as bad as I thought, lollll
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
@theduckator
Oh no! That’s really hard. My dad quit his job some years back because it was too stressful and not a good job to keep. He was without a full-time job for nine months. But the whole time God provided for us in so many different ways! God will get you guys through this. I promise. 🫂 Praying for y’all! 🩷
-
Esther replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh! Another tradition our family has is reading through an Advent devotional throughout the month of December. 🥰
-
Esther replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Random side note because I did recently find this out. Easter is mentioned in the KJV Bible (Acts 12:4), but it was an incorrect/imperfect translation. Most other translations use Passover.
Huh, interesting… I just looked that up in KJV and ESV and you’re right. 🤔 I’ve never noticed that before!
That’s awesome. A lot of people I know ea…
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Ooh, I love singing Christmas hymns too! Also what I mean by “on the fence” about celebrating it is that I’m just not sure if I should celebrate it this year. My family always does, but doing a bit of research on it I’m not 100% certain all of the traditions are okay to do. To counter that though, I’ve also been doing research into the…[Read more]
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah, on nearly everything I’ve found on Christmas the stuff is regurgitated that Christmas is all pagan and completely stolen, but then when you look to objections to that, the evidence against it is much more substantial.
That sounds like a great way to celebrate Christmas.
I honestly don’t understand why…
-
freedom replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
@grcr you have no idea how relieved I am to hear that someone believes the same😂 I only know 1 family irl that don’t celebrate Christmas, and it often feels like my family is alone in what we believe about Christmas, and tbh it can get low-key lonely at times
We just personally believe that God deserves better than recycled material, that He…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Also important to note that Americans saw/knew Christmas as a Pagan holiday until the 1800s when it became “popular” to celebrate Christmas partially because of an influx of German/Irish immigrants who regarded Christmas as a celebration of Jesus’ birth
-
freedom replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Hiii. I’m gonna be the first on here to say that I don’t celebrate Christmas, and neither does my immediate family (meaning parents/siblings). :3
(and that’s one reason why Christmas will be pretty much absent from everything I write as well🤷🏻♀️)
However, I don’t look down on anyone that does. Celebrating or not celebrating…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah… but you’d be writing it whether or not you’d been hit with a snowball…
I guess it’s probably fine 🤷♀️
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m just gonna post a school paper or somethin.
But is that even allowed tho? Don’t you have to write specifically for this topic, and not just post something you e already written?
-
Esther replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Uh ohhhh 👀🫣😂
-
Esther replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh i love that!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Open Eyes in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 9 months ago
Awesome!
thank you!! <33
Nooooo, now I won’t be able to get that out my head!!! that’s amazing 🤣🤣
Thank you so much, Ellette!! 🤗
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Free will in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 10 months ago
Why not just let us live in communion with Him in ignorance? I’m probably 100% wrong about this, but I think living in ignorance would be better than many actively rejecting God and being separated from Him.
I’ll give my best classical response, then my personally preferred answer.
Essentially as you’ve already said, there is victory a…[Read more]
-
TheShadow started the topic Free will in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 10 months ago
Okay, I have another religion related question. This is a basic and age old one, but still one a lot of people (myself included) struggle with. Why did God give us free will? Of course, there’s the answer that He did it so we could freely choose to love Him back because real love doesn’t coerce or force to love back. But then, why would God eve…[Read more]
-
TheShadow replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
Ok, then it should be alright.
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Open Eyes in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 10 months ago
Ooh, this looks interesting. I will read it soon.
-
Esther replied to the topic Open Eyes in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 10 months ago
Yay!!
- Load More
