-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic How Many Characters Should A Series Have? in the forum Characters 4 years, 7 months ago
@power it’s a fennec fox type creature!!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic How Many Characters Should A Series Have? in the forum Characters 4 years, 7 months ago
@power WOW!!! That’s incredible!! I do NOT have the patience for that heh. At all…but as for MC’s, I agree with @trahia-the-minstrel, though I’ve come to learn that it’s your book, your story, your series, etc. Do what you want with it! Wether it becomes famous or not that’s not what matters. What matters is if YOU’RE happy/proud of it!! What’s…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Ach, it’s Braxton and Destiny! Such good characters…such good lines…
Oh, and did I forget Landmar? Not quite, who could?
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Wow! Those are fantastic! I especially love that middle one. XD
Those are some wonderful lines! (And action tags; November is awesome.)
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Does writing energize or exhaust you? Or both? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
If the word are cooperative and characters are caught in the midst of some dilemma or moment of humor, then I think I get excited. However, most of the time I’m kinda neither. It usually settles me into a quiet bit of daydreaming/brainstorming. Like I said, if everything’s working, then I can get excited and want someone to read…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
Sorry I’m so late in replying. Life is nuts.
That sounds AWESOME! I love good farytales and retellings, some of my favorite authors being George MacDonald, C. S. Lewis, Gail Carson Levine, and Hans Christian Andersen. (Or at least some of his stuff)
I would definitely appreciate a retelling of Rumplestiltskin, especially as that story…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
That’s okay. 😉 I wasn’t very clear. The Lost Kingdom of Barmarre was mostly pretty fun; I enjoyed it, and had difficulty putting it down.
Even when it was past midnight…
Anyway,
Yes! It is a good book.
Thank you!
There’s so much potential in losing his gift, which might be a bit of work to figure out, but it will definitely be…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling all storytellers… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
We’ll, right now I can’t think of many actually funny stories which would make sense out of context, which is annoying as I know of many.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
@madelyn other then notes and ideas and all that jazz I don’t think I ever got into actually drafting.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
Your idea sounds so great!! (I for one love little boys in books soooo 😂)
I actually had a fairytale retelling with Rumplestiltskin and maybe one day I’ll return to it. But your talking about yours makes me think of mine and I’m like “Man….it was pretty neat… lol”
So in mine Rumplestiltskin was just an average older man, except for…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
I HAVE A NEW BLOG POST UP ON MY WEBSITE!!! It’s Authorvlsmith.com!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
@everyone-because-there-are-way-too-many-people-to-tag
*Falls from ceiling, leaving hole in roof. Lands on cushioned couch*
IM GOOD. And I’ll fix that giant hole later …..maybe….XD
HELLO EVERYBODY!! How’s it going? I’ve been working on my Project Garden first draft. OH and I found this awesome program called CampfireWrite if anyone wants to…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi's profile was updated 4 years, 7 months ago
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
Hmmm, I don’t think so? I’m sorry for being confusing. (Which I can definitely be.) I think Gail Carson Levine wrote those, and I’ve read some of her stuff (like Ella Enchanted), though not those you just mentioned. Maybe I’ll have to look into them. 🙂 (I did read one called something like The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre, so that might…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
@karissa-chmil I just realized I tagged u wrong in my post to u 🤣
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
Yeah, Ella Enchanted is good.
If I ever remember the author of Ella, I’ll put it on here. There’re a bunch of different books with the title, but this particular one has a very unique twist. I mean, what other one has the stepsisters be realistic or suffer as well as Ella? Or a pet chicken that likes gossip? (Okay, don’t answer that, I…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
@larissa-chmil
OH MY GOSH YOU THOUGHT ABOUT TOO WITH ROBIN HOOD AND RED RIDING HOOD?!? ME TOO GIRL!!! In my series I had made them siblings!!! Robin had run away from home when Reddie was younger, moving to Nuodinghan.
Mine was all kinda interconnected like how Red’s father was actually the huntsman, from Snow White and red riding hood, and a…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
Oh, and your idea sounds marvelous! That’s such an interesting twist, for the child to be taken, I mean. Is it all in backstory?
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
Oooo! Fractured Fairy tales are super fun! I’ve only read a few, and can’t exactly give any advice, but I have a few thoughts etc.
And, hey, you said to say anything, so…
Have you ever read Ella? I know there are tons of Cinderella retelling, and Ella Enchanted is probably one of the best, but I thought I’d recommend this one.
(And…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic What come to you first? Plot or Characters? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
Characters.
Usually I think of a character in a setting, with a bit of their backstory. That backstory and setting then point to what may happen/ what the plot will be.
However, they don’t always communicate perfectly, so I often end up with only a vauge idea about what the plot actually is.
I used to say that all my books were…[Read more]
- Load More
