-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic How do you draft/write the "first" document? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon lol!! That is understandable!!! Drafting (writing in GENERAL) is ROUGH!!!
@devastate-lasting Oh nice!! I’ve tried doing the chapter outline thing for drafts and maybe once I get to later drafts it’ll work better for me 😂
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Thanks!
And yes, but it’s all for their own good, right?
Wow, how awfully specific. XD That sounds interesting though.
Oh but yes! Back stories are some powerful things. The fire happens before the book too, but much of the story will be coming into those places of fear and shining the Light on them (totally acting like I didn’t just…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic How do you draft/write the "first" document? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Drafts? Ugh.
First, may I say that what you’re doing sounds wonderful? You are writing it out!!! Keep it up!!!
(Okay, that sounded weird. Let’s see if I can explain myself.)
If we are talking novels, and not poetry or essays, then:
I think. The I write. Then I think some more. Then I start a timeline but never finish it, etc.…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Do you Prefer Classical or Modern Literature? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 6 months ago
Classics. I love them. In fact, most of the more modern fiction that I read is in the same vein and are often called classics. (for example, The Green Ember. 😉 )
Also, I think that having been raised on them, I am not bothered by slower paced books. (Although, if the author jumps down bunny trails that have almost no connection to…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic How do you draft/write the "first" document? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
HELLO MY KEEEEEPERS!!! SO! I am currently drafting Project Garden as you know, and I have discovered that I am seriously Pantsing it. Like…legit. I’ve got ideas and obviously some plot and storyline but it’s just like…writing whatever comes which is honestly hard most of the time and easy sometimes. SO WEIRD!
ANYWAY!! I’m wondering how…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Welcome! 😊
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Definitely a lot of trauma. Enough that although he is only about four at the time, he has some pretty vivid memories.
That makes sense. He will definitely deal with fear of those things, and I think that maybe it’s one more reason he is afraid to help lead in the Retaking; if he associates that horror with “politics”.
Oh,…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic What's Your Favorite Relationship Type in Fiction? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
@keilah-h awww so like Phineas and Isabella!! PHINABELLA FOREVA!!! XD
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Hello!
I have suddenly found myself feeling some guilt for the trauma one of my characters is going to deal with.
You see, as a young child he and his siblings are narrowly rescued from a burning city. And yeah, I think he suffers some burns. Nothing too bad, but since children are susceptible to heat, he has some nasty 2nd degree burns.
Then I…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Thank you!!!! They’re doing such an awesome job of it, I might actually try to watch some when it comes out!
And that probably sounded strange. Explanation; being someone blessed with an extremely vivid imagination I find myself disappointed by movie adaptations of books I perhaps only skim read.
But this looks good, so I…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Exactly! XD
Although, I don’t think I’ve ever tried redeeming a villain. Probably because they usually die in the end of the original series.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Wow, thank you for telling us! (I love that clip of Nia, the dear, brave heart.)
It’s good, different, but good. It also has a dangerous tendency to pull you into it’s world and not let you go! XD
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Aha! Where do I find it?
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Yes, Mr. Brocklehurst is absolutely horrible. I often wish I could shake some sense into a character, but it is very rare that I mentally strangle them. The way he twisted Scripture made me furious, not to mention his other crimes. Ugh!
*Realizes I was screaming*
*Calms down*
Anyway…
As for your question,…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic What's Your Favorite Relationship Type in Fiction? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
OOH OOH!! @trahia-the-minstrel my 2 favs are
Brother relationships UGH I LOVE THEM SO STINKING MUCH or anything that even resembles a brotherly relationship, like just two guys teasing each other 😂 I love the younger older brother thing. (I love guys….I’m a girl what I can say. Boys in books are great 😂)
Also the Best friends lovers thing, but…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
I am so sorry, I almost forgot KP (of no fault of it’s own; life is still nuts).
I have read/listened to all but Lady Susan, Love and Friendship, and I think one other one. I read Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sense ability, and Mansfield Park. I listened to most of those and Emma, Northanger Abbey, and… I think that’s…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
I have read/ listened to Jane Eyre. I enjoyed it and thought it was deeply intriguing and surprisingly sweet. Although in full confession, I didn’t really want Jane to marry Rochester. XD
But the end was satisfactory.
Helen is the absolute best! The worst character was that secretary of the school. I despised him.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic What's Your Favorite Relationship Type in Fiction? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
Yes!! I am attempting to have a sort of adoption story in my Eirtan books, but it’s a bit different, (a subplot) dwelling on the complexities of identity and personal callings.
And wow, that was a mouthful! XD
Exactly! Mentor-appprentice relationships and dark pasts are just… delectable. *Happy moan*
I love those too!…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic What's Your Favorite Relationship Type in Fiction? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
Yes! Parent-child relationships are definitely one of my absolute favorites. And there’s always something special about adoption.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic What's Your Favorite Relationship Type in Fiction? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
I devour mentor-apprentice relationships, especially when they both need each other, and even more especially when at least one has a painful past.
Then again, siblings are absolutely fantastic. I mean, where else do you get such wonderful loving contention? XD
I also love the friends-who-are-like-siblings-and-would-die-for-each-other. I know it…[Read more]
- Load More
