@orielle21
Active 3 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 173
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Putting Yourself in your Characters? in the forum Characters 3 years, 10 months ago
Ok, thanks for the advice! I definitely show the pain of it in my story, one of my best pieces of descriptive writing is Lesli sobbing. But yeah, it’s also the idea of cutting ties with family. When is it appropriate, when is it necessary, and when is it too extreme. I don’t want kids to later think they should just move away…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Clubs? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh that sounds like so much fun! I haven’t done much short story or any of the other’s you put there but it seems like fun.
I agree with @freedomwriter76 , prompts would be really fun.
Like we could see how we each come up with something different. I think it would be really fun to have somebody write a story beginning, and…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Putting Yourself in your Characters? in the forum Characters 3 years, 10 months ago
First of all, great topic! 😀 This is soooo me. lol. I find that each MC (ok with the exception of one) has a relation to me. they either-
a. Have something I have
b. Have something I want
c. Are a person I wish I had in my life
And often times it’s a mix of one or two of those.
I never really notice the correlation between…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh yeah, I have a very long list of things I have to practice on. I’ve kinda been breaking it all up and getting good at one at a time. It takes a while, but I’m getting to the point where I can draw a whole body. Like I spent a really long time just drawing faces, and within that I spent time on each part of it (eyes, hair, etc.) Thi…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, definitely a lot of work, but it would be so cool in the end!
Yeah! I hope so!
I remembered one of your drawings being a miner-looking boy with a headlamp and a pickaxe so I guessed they could probably be the same.
Yup! That was Tauren.
I think that I’ll just write the entire thing and then go through and heavily edit it. Al…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Thank you so much! Glad you like it 🙂
Yeah! graphic novels are a lot of work 😅 I’m looking forward to it though. I haven’t started on most of the drawing of the story because I still have sooo much to learn about drawing people at angles. Yeah! All the character’s I post art of here are from this WIP. In fact I think I’ve got some…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings and
Loopy are now friends 3 years, 10 months ago -
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Kaine
“Oh yeah?” Kaine says, noticing Mathews stuttering.
Is he just nervous? Or does talking about his sister make him nervous?
Kaine looks up at the imposing wall. Small rock portions jut out of the side, and it’s streaked coloration shows it’s age.
Have to find Evelyn.
Kaine puts his hand on the wall, feeling for a good spot to grip.…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Lol thanks for bringing that to our attention!
Ok Ik 😂, we’re totally breaking the rules atm. We’ll make our way over there eventually. We did this because the actual castle is kinda daunting (how many characters are there?) and wanted to get the hang of it before throwing ourselves in 😂🤣
The goal is to end up with the main…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Thanks so much!💕 And yeah, one of my favorite parts of writing my story is helping my characters get through stuff by giving them good friends (obviously that doesn’t fix everything) 😀
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh ok! Yeah, cave or village, whatever works. At this point in the story, Evelyn is sitting inside all the time (Kain insists she doesn’t move a finger unless she wants to and it won’t hurt her 😂) But yeah she has a gash in her arm and I think it’s a bit infected. I say infected because she extremely tired and he helps her with…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
@folith-foelin
Thanks! I will keep working on it, it’s my only WIP!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
That sounds great! Good idea!
Not sure how that’ll work with mine, She’s injured and at this point was under Kaine’s pretty constant care. Lol, we’ll figure it out. I’d love to do that though! Whenever you want to start that is good. Let’s give the boys (and cammie) an obstacle so it isn’t immediate though… maybe they have to cross…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh, also feel free to tag me if you ever post a draft! I’d love to read your writing if you want to share it!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@lightoverdarkness6 @theloonyone @loopylin
Ok sooo… I forgot Kaine sisters name 😫 I never came up for a definitive one and forgot my placeholder lol. I’ll pick something that works. Did some searching, lol were going with Everlyn. THIS IS WHY U WRITE DOWN YOUR NAMES PEOPLE!
Kaine
“Y’all are missing some sisters? I’m missing mine too” Kaine…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
@lightoverdarkness
Aw thanks! 💛 I’ll post some more when it’s done!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Thanks so much! I’m glad you think so! I’ve still got a lot to figure out 😅 but I’m looking forward to it.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@theloonyone @loopy-lin @lightoverdarkness
Lol, we seem to have a thing with missing sisters, Kaine has one too 😂🤣
Kaine
“It’s alright, Carter.” Simon reassures him. “We only woke up here a few moments ago. We’ll look for them”
Kaine follows behind the larger group.
Yeah that girls got a good idea.
We need to reach shelter.[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings started the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Hello! So okay, I’ve finally started at the beginning of my book instead of jumping around to whatever I feel like reading. I have a bit over 4,000 words. Don’t feel obligated to read nearly the whole thing, just give whatever feedback you want! Anything helps. I might switch the scenes around a bit. The beginning of my book is pretty sad, but I’m…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings posted an update 3 years, 11 months ago
Uhhh… so how long does it take KP to moderate a post? I made a lengthy post about my new character, and I’m guessing because I included a picture… it said it was going to be moderated, and the post still isnt up. I posted it yesterday. Not sure if I should keep waiting or re-type everything. ☹
-
@mineralizedwritings I’m not real sure. I’ve heard people say “KP ‘ate’ their post,” but its never happened to me. I was told to copy my reply before I posted just in case it did that. Unless you copied it, you probably will have to type it again :(. Sorry that I couldn’t help much.
-
Yup. Looks like I’ll be re-typing the whole thing. 😅
-
(late, as usual lol) Aghh, I know how you feel. I haven’t had a post that had to be moderated yet but I’ve had very very long posts that have been eaten… *sob*
I’ve learned to write my very long comments on a word doc, save it and THEN paste it onto KP and change the formatting. It can be a bit of a hassle but it’s a lot less pain then rewriting…[Read more]-
Yep lol, it’s such a pain 😂. That’s smart.
-
-
-
-
- Load More
