I’ve started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests I’ve started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    TheLoonyOne
    @theloonyone
      • Total Posts: 404

@mineralizedwritings

Ugh, school. I definitely haven’t been planning it in order. xD I have the ending mostly finished in my mind. But I’m planning the chapters right before I write them at the part I’m at right now.

Oh yeah, I have a very long list of things I have to practice on. I’ve kinda been breaking it all up and getting good at one at a time. It takes a while, but I’m getting to the point where I can draw a whole body. Like I spent a really long time just drawing faces, and within that I spent time on each part of it (eyes, hair, etc.) This is probably how most people learn, though. I also haven’t taken many classes or anything and am mostly self-taught. I have a few books I got from my dad and then youtube and pinterest.

I have read several comics and a few mangas, but I mostly read webcomics. Like a lot. Which is definitely what inspired me to want to adapt my novel into a comic/graphic novel.

Yeah, the formatting with comics can be really fun to work with! I don’t know about a particular scene, I just imagine how the panels would look while writing.

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2803

@theloonyone

Oh yeah, I have a very long list of things I have to practice on. I’ve kinda been breaking it all up and getting good at one at a time. It takes a while, but I’m getting to the point where I can draw a whole body. Like I spent a really long time just drawing faces, and within that I spent time on each part of it (eyes, hair, etc.) This is probably how most people learn, though. I also haven’t taken many classes or anything and am mostly self-taught. I have a few books I got from my dad and then youtube and pinterest.

Honestly, same to just about everything you said. I’m self tought to and youtube is my best inspiration. haven’t tried pinterest much!

I have read several comics and a few mangas, but I mostly read webcomics. Like a lot. Which is definitely what inspired me to want to adapt my novel into a comic/graphic novel. Yeah, the formatting with comics can be really fun to work with! I don’t know about a particular scene, I just imagine how the panels would look while writing.

Oh I’ve never read webcomics! Sounds fun!! Yeah, that’s kinda what I do too.

I have read several comics and a few mangas,

Well, very sorry for the extreme beginner level I tried to explain manga to you 🤦‍♀️ I’m not used to other christens having read manga before, so I literally explain everything about it when I tell somebody about something I like about it. XD I’m thoroughly embarrassed now, I’m sure you we’re cringing so hard while reading that. 😂

I’d love to see some more of your art if you want to share!

へびは かっこいい です!

TheLoonyOne
        @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

Pinterest has some really good tips and a lot of awesome reference photos. I love it. What are some of the art YouTubers you watch?

I read most of them on webtoon. You have to be careful sometimes, but most chapters have a disclaimer at the beginning telling you if there is something.

Haha, that’s understandable. I’ve only read a couple of mangas. Reading backwards isn’t exactly common, though, so it makes sense why you’d explain it. So I’m not cringing 😂!

Ooh sure!

TheLoonyOne
          @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

Well, I was going to share some of my art, but I’ve tried three times and it still hasn’t worked. So, maybe I’ll try with just one

We’ll see if it works xD

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

Pinterest has some really good tips and a lot of awesome reference photos. I love it

Oh yeah! I tend to use google images for reference photo’s, but pinterest sounds good too! My sister passed along a art book to me that I’m probably going to be using for reference. It’s on realistic styles, but I think it still has some great stuff on proportions.

. What are some of the art YouTubers you watch?

Oooh let me see… It really depends on what I’m struggling with and who has a good tutorial on it. I’m working on hands right now, and I’m slowly working my way through a Jazza tutorial. I like Mimimoo illustration too. Her style is very different than mine, but she has great advice on starting a business in art. I also have found Chommang_drawing good for hands. I really like the artists style, it’s really delicate. Oh, and Kirsty partridge art. What about you?

I read most of them on webtoon. You have to be careful sometimes, but most chapters have a disclaimer at the beginning telling you if there is something.

Ah I see. Disclaimers are good. I watched anime with my sister, and she screened it all for me. Lol, it worked pretty well.

Good, glad your not cringing 😂

Ooh that worked! The clothing folds look really good! I like the pants style too, it’s like almost vintage. Is that a character from your story, or just a clothes study?

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

Also feel free to post multiple, it’s ok if you have to put them in like three separate posts.

へびは かっこいい です!

TheLoonyOne
                @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

Yes! Try out pinterest!

Ooh, Jazza! He has a lot of helpful stuff. And is entertaining. I also like Kesh, both his style and because he has a lot of really helpful advice. Some others are Sam Does Art, Andymation, Scott Christian Sava (although mostly just YouTube shorts), Alisa Chung, Proko, SLEW, Alpay Efe, uh Kiptoe (I’m just listing everything), ooh yeah Kirsty Patridge! Sorry, that was a lot. xD

More of a clothes study, but if I added a head it could be a character. I referenced it from interest, too. 😏

TheLoonyOne
                  @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

KP will not let me send the pictures from my phone. Oh well…

Here you go!

Mostly just practice stoof🤣😁 Thanks!

MineralizedWritings
                    @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

Ooh, Jazza! He has a lot of helpful stuff. And is entertaining.

Yeah!

I also like Kesh, both his style and because he has a lot of really helpful advice.

Oh haven’t heard of him!

Some others are Sam Does Art, Andymation, Scott Christian Sava (although mostly just YouTube shorts), Alisa Chung, Proko, SLEW, Alpay Efe, uh Kiptoe (I’m just listing everything), ooh yeah Kirsty Patridge! Sorry, that was a lot. xD

Lol don’t worry about it! Yeah Kiptoe! I don’t watch his stuff alot anymore, but I used to be obsessed with grafiti art. I believe I used to watch smoe (or was it smoe nova?) idk (I think he might swear sorry i cant remember 🤣) Yeah I think I watched a proko tutorial when I was learning how to draw heads! Ok, Alpay Efe sounds very familiar, I’ve definitely watched his stuff before. I’ve seen SLEW before… somewhere in the back of my memory. I haven’t heard of Alisa Chung!

More of a clothes study, but if I added a head it could be a character. I referenced it from interest, too. 😏

I’m going to assume “Interest” was an auto correct of “pinterest?”

OOh I like all the eyes! They are so expressive! Is Blyke a character from your current WIP? He has really interesting hair XD Oh and I like the hair on the bottom left!

Have you tried digital art?

I’ve been using krita for it and it’s really fun! Takes a bit to get the hang of lol, I still don’t quite have it. I’ll attach one i just finished, I’ve gotta do some importing though 😑 I do art on the family laptop because it has a pen, but then I have to move it around to share it. I mean, I’d rather not log in to my email and stuff on the family laptop.

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

Here’s a digital art I did of Tauren (same mc from the writing I posted) Sorry idk how to rotate it.

Also, lol mind if I ask if you pray for me about something? 😂

Like literally just a couple minutes ago my mom told me I’m not getting an allowance anymore because I’m old enough to get a part time job over christmas (I’m 17, fair enough) But like idk… the thought stresses me out sooo much. Like I really get nervous meeting new people… it’s one of the reasons I do school online 😂

So yeah. I’ve kinda got two options. (Unless I want to get broke) I could get a part time job and be stressed out (maybe it would be better than I think) Or I could do a art youtube channel (I’ve been wanting to for awhile and would be fairly well set up for it) decided to take it seriously, and understand it might not work out and even if it does it might take over a year to make money from it.

So yeah. Girl! I’m! So! Stressed! 🤣

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

I guess I could just use my savings for awhile 😂 idk why that didn’t occur to me 🤣

へびは かっこいい です!

Whaley
                          @whalekeeper
                            • Total Posts: 2637

@mineralizedwritings I’ll pray for ya 💛 I’ve been going through something like that myself.

Also, awesome story! 😃 Please tag me for updates?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings

@whalekeeper

I’ll pray for ya 💛 I’ve been going through something like that myself.

Lol thanks. Why do I always think it’s just me? 🤣

I’ll pray for you too! 💛

Also, awesome story! 😃 Please tag me for updates?

Thank you so much! I definitely will! 😃

I will attempt to do it in the correct order… I’m not so great at that 😅 That’s all I have for the first part of the story and I’m planning stuff for part two… lol.

へびは かっこいい です!

TheLoonyOne
                              @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

I watched some smoe nova, he was very entertaining! 🤣

Yeah, interest is pinterest

Thanks! 😊 The three heads are characters from Unordinary, one of my webcomics. 😁

I want to try digital art someday, but I haven’t yet. Probably once I’m a bit better and have time. I love your picture of Tauren! You’re really good!

Of course! Yeah, people scare me, too. 😂😐 A youtube channel sounds so cool! And I get you, making decisions is hard. You’ve got it, though! I’ll pray for you!

Folith-Feolin
                                @folith-feolin
                                  • Total Posts: 310

@mineralizedwritings

Nice online arts. Art is always so cool! The best I can do is ai art generation which is more about just inputting specific stuff and hoping you get something you want out of it. I cant wait to see more of your story and I can pray for you as well!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 220 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >