-
whaley replied to the topic Writing AUs of your own stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
I’ve never heard the term AU before, but yes, I DO now that I think about it 😂
In one, instead of being in a 1930s era and isolated from the rest of humanity (viz: no family), Sebastian is in a royal core kingdom as an ambassador, and finds a temporary family of sorts with a prince and princess there. It’s actually a roleplay I’m doing with the…[Read more] -
whaley started the topic How soon should the MC's misbelief come in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
The title says it all. My relatively new WIP (a steampunkfantasy-ish novel, which is coming so naturally ❤) is going for a more subtle theme, and from the looks of it, my MC isn’t actually going to have a strong, bad misbelief. It’ll only be there after the second part starts.
Think Sara from A Little Princess. (1010, by the way 😍) She isn’t…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Hello Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years ago
That’s so fun, I can totally imagine that as a screenplay! 😂 A double POV is always really fun to work with, especially when the MCs are opposites. So much opportunity for conflict… *Evil author cackle* (And that is DeFiNiTeLy not long, compared to some rambles I’ve readwritten)
Ooh, so you draw your characters as cartoons, too!…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Hello Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years ago
@loopylin Hi! I’m WhaleKeeper, although you can call me… You know what, I don’t have any nicknames yet because I’m super new myself 😂
I CaN’t BeLiEvE iT, that’s ExAcTlY what I want to do! Honestly, I have almost no animating experience, but I want to practice super hard this year and learn the techniques. Who knows if that’ll become a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic What Are Your Favorite WIP Quotes? 🙂 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@starshiness Those are awesome 😍 And 4?? 😂😂 I enjoyed that one the most
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing a Character that's Mute and Deaf? in the forum Characters 4 years ago
Honestly, when I read a character both mute and deaf, heshe automatically seems smart instead of dumb. Mostly because they know sign language, I guess, because I don’t. 😛
As for relationships with family members. If he’s in danger (Nazi) because of his disability, then perhaps his family acts more protectivelike nothing’s wrongwarn him a lot.…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Scribles from a Natalian Scribe (Green Ember Fanfics) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
AAUURGH I wanna read these so much 😖😭 I’ve only read a bit of the second book, but I love it and I want to read more, why?!?
-
whaley changed their profile picture 4 years ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 4 years ago
AACK, I haven’t read that far yet, I can’t wait!! 😂😂 I now fully support this ship. 1010.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
@freedomwriter76 Oh, thank you 😋
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
This one’s a recent one of mine, drawn for my mum 🙂

-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
Not really, it’s never actually occurred to me. My style’s anything but realistic. You? (I’m guessing so, since it seems you take the realistic path.)
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
Ooh, gorgeous!! Well done! I bet that was so much work :O
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
Beautiful! The deer reminds me of my grandpa’s hunter cabin-like house. He’s got a huge one on his wall. (Except he isn’t a flowery-decor kind of guy, so… XD)
I know, right? I’m pretty brilliant XD
Just kidding, but you’re right in that it’s a good technique. I know a few other writers who do the same. It helps…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
@elishavet-pidyon @freedomwriter76 Cool! You can totally share if you want 😉 I’ll share mine later, maybe.
@ava-blue Those are so well done!! 😀 I like your profile pic by the way, I smile every time I see it.
-
whaley posted an update 4 years ago
Hello, world. I doubt anyone will see this post anyways, so here’s a brain dump-ish blurb for my next project! *Throws confetti*
Axel has been a captive ever since he can remember. Forced to fight, gladiator style, for his giant master. The monsters of this world are clever with their hands, and will stop at nothing to upgrade humans. Axel’s m…[Read more]
-
WHY does that sound SO AWESOME :0 I would love to hear more about it!!
That sounds really interesting! It reminds me of a book I read that has a similar idea, but it’s about a dog who is captured and experimented on before being forced to fight in an arena against other biologically engineered animals, it’s based in a futuristic city.-
Thank you! That does sound similar; what was the title? Now I’m curious XD
-
Ah, I can’t remember! I tried finding it by searching ‘dog with eagle wings book’ but, as you can imagine, that was no help XD
-
Ooh
O.o
Now I really AM interested
-
-
-
-
Hey thank you,so much!!! 😆 It’s super fun, and it’s been so long since I’ve tried hardcore fantasy, so, MaGiC SyStEm *oooo* Been working on that for a while.
-
Sure is 😀
You do Historical Fiction most of the time, right? Have you ever tried mixing in magic? -
I respect that a lot, actually. I myself have sorta higher standards for magic. I love certain fantasy books (Chronicles of Narnia, LotR, and Wingfeather Saga, respectively) but most magic systems are annoying, really. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sifted through library material, searching for good quality. It’s maddening. They don’t have…[Read more]
-
I love how there are so many different ways to write for God. On the one hand, we can write clearly and openly for him, which makes the reader face the truth upfront, OR we can take a subtle tone of hope, which makes the reader question what’s really happening, and often surprises them emotionally. It’s just so cool. 😊
Wow, my post is super slim 😂…[Read more]
-
-
-
whaley replied to the topic What's your most recent writing-related web search? 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
Oh, this is fun XD
- Embryo development technology
- Heavy whipping cream
- Define irreparable
- Cowlick
- Flame thrower
-
whaley replied to the topic Inspo Exchange in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@maryg3 Ah, but what if the record’s warped or scratched, and the protagonist is stuck repeating that moment forever?
-
whaley started the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 1 month ago
I often draw my characters to pin down their personalities. What about you? Would you like to share your own drawings of your charries? I’d love to see them 😉
-
whaley replied to the topic Inspo Exchange in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
- Load More

My puppy, Knox. You can’t see it in the photo, but he’s got mismatched eyes 💛
So pretty 🥰
That’s so funny, I have a teacher named Knox XD
Ikr? ❤