What Are Your Favorite WIP Quotes? :)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What Are Your Favorite WIP Quotes? :)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 2637

When I’m finding it hard to work on my WIP, or when I’m looking at the whole and trying to decide how much of it I need to rewrite, I make a list of my favorite quotes from my work – whether they be bits of dialogue, exposition, or a real funny joke. These sort of give me an idea of what I want the story to be. What I want in terms of style.

I’d love it if you guys shared some of your WIP quotes! Maybe it’ll give you – or others – inspiration 🙂

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@whalekeeper. First off, GREAT question! Second, this is going to be fun! 😀 😉

These will probably all be from Freedom’s Fire, but I’ll say otherwise if they’re not. XD

1. “Maybe not, according to us, but God sees things differently. Maybe you think God should have left you by now. But God doesn’t see you the same way you do. God loves you. Even with all your mistakes.” (Aadelheide)

2. Leon let out a low chuckle. “Someone like Riker can and will never be forgiven. It’s impossible.” “Then why don’t you go walk up to Jesus and tell him that his suffering and sacrifice meant nothing.” (Leon and Isaiah. This one may seem harsh, but Isaiah’s being honest. *shrugs*)

3.“Your wife is dead because of me!”

“I know,” Leon got down onto one knee, met Riker’s gaze, “but I forgive you.”

Riker stared at him. Then…he covered his face with his hands.

And wept. (Leon and Riker)

Leon blinked.

Riker was apologizing…again?

A surge of emotion flowed through Leon.

Sweet and wonderfully…peaceful.

It took him a moment.

It was strange to feel after all this time.

But it was one thing.

Forgiveness. 

That’s all I can think of this time, lol. XD But I’m sure I’ll be back! 😉

Queen_of_Alvastia
        @queen_of_alvastia
          • Total Posts: 612

I love those quotes, especially getting to see Leon’s change from quotes 2, 3, and 4!!

Keep up the great work! 🤗🤗😁😁😁

🥰#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquad🥰

Queen_of_Alvastia
          @queen_of_alvastia

Thank you for starting this!!

***I don’t have a title for my WIP yet***

Vanessa needed answers, but more than that she wanted her husband back, that strong, confident man who helped her discover the courage to stare down the future, unafraid of the storm because she held the Hand of its Maker.

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. Ooh, yours sounds so intriguing! 🤔😁

And THANK YOU SO MUCH! 🥰🥰🥰 Yes, Leon’s change will be a pretty long, rocky ride, but worth it in the end. 😉

Thank you! You keep it up too! 🤗👍

Queen_of_Alvastia
              @queen_of_alvastia

Thank you! I’m having so much fun writing it! 😄

You’re welcome!! 😏😋😊

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. You are SOO WELCOME! 😊 I’m glad! 😄

Koshka
                  @koshka
                    • Total Posts: 1428

@whalekeeper

Ahh! This is such an awesome Idea! Ok, here are a few;

His eyelids opened slowly and with much protest.

“Alec, what happened?”

Someone was blathering nearby, startling yet somehow familiar.

“Are you dead?”

Oh, his brother.

Alec and Corin from The Vilders

“Down on your knees villain! Apologize.”

Annia from Storms of Fury

“I’m sorry.”

“Sir,” the fox’s voice was steady, his back straight. “I don’ hold this against ye.”

“That’s why.” Zlatan drew his sword.

Zlatan and Ion from Hearts of Gold

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. Ooh, those are BEAUTIFUL! 🥰

Whaley
                      @whalekeeper

@freedomwriter76 @queen_of_alvastia @koshka

Wow, these quotes are amazing and funny and deep!! (I’d put a heart emoji here, but I don’t know how to on a keyboard XD) Thank you SO much for sharing!

I look at these, and I think… hehe… I guess my WIP takes a different approach…

1. “THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN PEANUT BUTTER!!!”

2. Alfonso’s hat fell off, showing snow-white hair and blue eyes, space dust in his lashes.

“This much you must remember. You and your cousin – Christopher, was his name? – are stronger than star

monsters.”

3. “I hate being a white elephant.”

4. The light, the wind, the salty air – they smacked him in the face like a well-aimed cream pie.

…They make sense within context. *Blinks expectantly*

Koshka
                        @koshka

@whalekeeper

Those are AWESOME! What genre/s do you write?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Koshka. Reason: Ato-correct needs to be pummeled

Whaley
                          @whalekeeper

@koshka

Thank you 🙂 It’s middle-grade fantasy. Personally, I think we need more writers writing for younger audiences. There is a lot of good stuff out there, but it’s overlooked sometimes as a genre.

Koshka
                            @koshka

@whalekeeper

True! I’ve heard several people, teachers especially, wishing for more good Middle Grade. (And I’m a homeschooler…)

Personally, I’m not sure what age I write. I don’t think it’s YA, but then it feels a bit old for younger audiences. Do I need a particular age group?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Koshka.

Elishavet Pidyon
                              @elishavet-pidyon
                                • Total Posts: 1014

@whalekeeper

I LOVE quotes! And all the other quotes on here are glorious. And yours are hilarious. I about spooked my siblings by a sudden outbreak of hilarity – but they’re used to me. 😉

As for my quotes, well… I would have responded earlier except that I couldn’t decide on any. Now I’m just going to put some on that I like, although they may not be my best. 😉

“Yes, I was there when you were born. I remember how your father held you close and blessed you, rejoicing in your life.” Micha laughed and swiped at his eyes. “You were the ugliest most beautiful thing I’d ever seen.”

Micha, from Heir of Ashes (The working title changes a lot.)

(*Sniff* I love my charries)

“UP AND OUT OF BED, YOU SCALLYWAGS!”

Lt. Stalker, old story I never finished.

“If I’m a princess, then you’re a king. Right Papa?”

“What?”

Nadían Mynclais and Audric Mynclais, Heir of Ashes

“Lad,” The knight knelt to look into his face. “When the King gave you your life, he never intended for you to stay a serf.”

Alwin opened his mouth to speak, but tears came instead. He hid his face, crying like a child. The shackle around his ankle had grown cold and heavy again.

“I… can’t…”

“Of course you can’t, Alwin. The King knows that. He died to pay our redemption price. Yours as well as mine. For us, in our place.”

“Yes, sir.” Alwin gripped the table harder, his eyes closed tight. “But I’m not worth that.”

“He thought you were.”

Alwin and Winton, Bondage

And anyway, those are a few random quotes of mine. As others have said, I’ll probably be back. 🙂

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon. Those are soooo beautiful! 😍 I LOVE THEM ALL!!!! Especially the one with Alwin. That one just, ohhh, it pulls at my heartstrings. 🥰🥰🥰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >