What Are Your Favorite WIP Quotes? :)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What Are Your Favorite WIP Quotes? :)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@whalekeeper. Thank you! 🥰 Yours sound like so much FUN!!! 😁 Your book sounds like a lot of fun. I’d love to read it one day. 😜 And I totally agree. We do need people working on writing for a younger audience. My sister does. For like, kids. 😄

And @koshka, books do normally have a set age group, but honestly, it’ll really just depend on who picks up your book. Like, mine will probably be 10+, however, it will really depend on the preteen or teen’s maturity level. I write about the Holocaust, and, though I was reading about that at age 10, not everyone is that mature by then. 😉 What I would say is just write your book to be what God wants it to be and worry about the age range later. And maybe someone older (or younger, if they’re mature) than your age range will end up picking up your book and loving it anyhow. 😊 Either way, write the story God has for you. And also, I love your books and characters. Zlatan and Vulkasin and Mikkel are so wonderful. 🥰 Keep going, girl. You’re doing great. Keep it up! 👍

Queen_of_Alvastia
      @queen_of_alvastia
        • Total Posts: 612

Thanks for sharing those quotes!! I just love that last one!!

Is Bondage an allegory, by the way? It sounded like that! I want to write an allegory someday….so HUGE SHOUT-OUT to you!! 🤗🤩🎉

🥰#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquad🥰

Koshka
        @koshka
          • Total Posts: 1428

@freedomwriter76

Makes sense. Ok, then I won’t panic. XD I wasn’t exactly a normal reader either.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. Woo. Glad that made sense. *wipes sweat away* 😅 Yeah, don’t panic. Trust me, I get that. I panic about my books too. 😂 #WriterThing. 😝 Yeah. I read adult (not YA!) novels/biographies and I’m only in my early teens. 🤷‍♀️

Koshka
            @koshka

@freedomwriter76

*Deep sigh of relief*

I remember at a young age complaining to my mother that people wrote too many short books.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Koshka.

Elishavet Pidyon
              @elishavet-pidyon
                • Total Posts: 1014

@freedomwriter76

Thank you!!! Yes, I love that whole scene with Alwin. Maybe I’ll share it on here sometime…

@queen_of_alvastia

Thanks!!! Bondage is an allegory, or the first book in a long allegorical series.

You want to write one? Hooray! You totally should.

(We allegory people need to band together.)

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Queen_of_Alvastia
                @queen_of_alvastia
                  • Total Posts: 612

@elishavet-pidyon

That sounds amazing!! 😮😮

Yeah, it’s my biggest writing dream. Ever. Period. I started one at one point but the symbolism was what tripped me up most…

🥰#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquad🥰

Anonymous

@koshka. Yep. That sounds like me. 😂 It’s just wired into us writers and book worms, I suppose. 😉

@elishavet-pidyon
                    . You are SOO Welcome! 🥰 OOH! YOU SHOULD! I’D LOVE TO READ IT! 🤩🥳

Ava Blue
                    @ava-blue
                      • Total Posts: 216

@elishavet-pidyon I love them all! Dang, you’re really good at interesting dialogue. That first one is both adorable and hilarious, and that last one is so sweet 🥰

that a northern wind
                      would cool my skin
                      and fill my lungs again

Sunny421
                      @sunny421
                        • Total Posts: 13

1.  Meow. “What was that?” Meow.

“Well, last time I checked, cats say meow. At least that’s what I was taught in preschool.”

2.“With all due respect my princess, but are you crazy?”

3.“Muffin? What a silly name for a cat.”

Anonymous

@sunny421. I love those! 😍 They are hilarious! 😂

Koshka
                          @koshka

@sunny421

Awww! Does she get to keep Muffin?

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Total Posts: 2637

Sorry for abandoning y’all 😂 Great quotes!! Can really see the serious – and funny – sides of your projects!

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Starshiness
                              @starshiness
                                • Total Posts: 174

YASSS GREAT IDEA FOR A FORUM!!! Imma go scan through my main WIP, Raven’s Quest, and pick out all the best scenes now 😀

“How did you do that?”

Keston swiftly sheathed his sword and retrieved the two blades, winking roguishly at Raven.

“They say the best weapon is the one not expected.” 

Raven grinned impishly at her companion. “Comes in handy for your line of work, doesn’t it?”

Keston cocked an eyebrow, “My line of work?”

“Oh, you know, breaking into people’s rooms, finding secret passages, sneaking around in the dead of night, that sort of thing.”

“Oh that. Yes yes, it is quite useful. Surprisingly good for thumping people over the head as well if it comes to that.” His eyes twinkled.

Keston responded calmly to the outburst. “I am a servant of the Great Archer.”

Raven blinked, waiting for him to say more, but he didn’t. “That’s it?” 

His eyes brightened and unfolding his long frame to look at Raven at eye level, he drew close and grabbed her hands. “No, that’s just the beginning.

Raven looked away. Ignoring her reaction, Keston took her bow in his hands, examining the length and bending it slightly. “You’ve got an excellent bow here. Weight’s good, sights well.” He glanced up and his eyes twinkled. “I’d say the problem is you.”

Raven’s eyebrows shot up. “I beg your pardon?”

“The Great Archer can use anyone who is willing. He has a reason for His choice. I may not know what it is but I can trust it because I trust Him. You can too.” He met Raven’s eyes, imploring her to listen, to believe. 

But she dropped her gaze, whispering softly to herself, “How can I trust someone when I’m not even sure he exists…” 

“Hey there, settle down.” Raven smiled. “Do you trust me?”

He pressed her fingers to his lips and gazed into her eyes, his own full of emotion. “With my life.” 

At this, Raven flung her arms around Keston’s neck. “Good,” she breathed into his ear. “Because that’s exactly what I’m asking you to risk.”

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Whaley
                                @whalekeeper
                                  • Total Posts: 2637

@starshiness Those are awesome 😍 And 4?? 😂😂 I enjoyed that one the most

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >