@mineralizedwritings
Active 7 hours, 49 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
How do you guys want to start this? Maybe the new characters want to secure their own areas in the castle? I’m not sure what kind of conflicts have popped up before this. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
You know what? Fine, here goes nothing XD I need a distraction from senioritis.
Commissioner Barnes (Only gives her first name to friends)
Age: 35
Species/ethnicity: Staunchly human; from an isolated city in an alternative sci-fi Earth. If she was from normal Earth, she would be German. (I did not pick her because of this, I promise…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@grcr @keilah-h @theshadow @theducktator @esther-c
I suggested doing this RP again and then disappeared off the face of the earth🤪 sorry about that y’all
I honestly need to start trying to practice writing characters other than Leon/Riker, buuut I also need to write Leon/Riker 3rd book timeline as well…hmmmmmmm…I may still have to stick with…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I agree with Whaley…I need to step away too.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theshadow lol thanks
and LOL that’s too funny. I should write some little snippets of them discovering modern things, that’d be hilarious
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Sniper and Huntress wouldn’t even know what a podcast is lol…..their home universe is in an alternate 1970’s right now, as opposed to yours in the 2000’s somewhere…..
they’d probably be like “whut?” and then like “ohhh, you mean like a radio show, but recorded”
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theshadow coooool
I’m imagining what an Ornithiform/Argonite hybrid would look like, and it’s awesome
basically a Quetzalcoatl lol (winged, feathered mythological dragon)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theshadow ahahaha that’s too funny
if it were me, my first thought would’ve been “maybe we’ve been brought here like Aslan brought over the cab driver and his wife in The Magician’s Nephew to be the human rulers of Narnia, and each pair will be the progenitors of a country/species/whatever”
proof that I’m a weird literary choice person…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theshadow thanks!! yesss Soldier is too funny haha
also yeah I love all of them, but I think I’d be either a full Ailurid or a hybrid, either Argonite/Ailurid or Drachenheul/Ailurid. what would be your other half? Ornithiform/what else?
I suppose we’ll talk when you get back! I’ll probably have added quite a bit to the story by then 😉
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
You’re good, it’s just preference 🙂
I’m an Outliner as far as what I want the story to look like, the conflict, the rough points, etc. Some stuff comes while writing. So, a confident 7/10ths of an Outliner. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I think it’s a good idea if I step away from critiquing LTBL. We probably don’t have the same preferences in writing, and I won’t be able to help you if I’m not on the same plane of thought 😅 Good luck with this draft!
-
Light replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Aww Tauren😭😭 He’s so adorably awkward I just wanna give him a hug <3
And I can completely relate…I’ve had interactions like that before as well😂
And ahhhhh girlll the scene you posted before this one was sooooo cuteee, I literally melted🥰🥰
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Y’all, I feel mean critiquing 😅😕 I should post a short story so you two (Ellette, Sara) can rip me to shreds.
I’m completely serious. I just need to think of a good short story prompt. *Searches online*
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I will NEVER start a book without a specific goal in mind. I had the end before I had the beginning. There is a certain amount of graphing that I do before every story, and you can be sure that all things will tie into the end of this book, or the plot of the next. I most certainly did outline my book. I’m sorry if you can’t see…
-
whaley's profile was updated 2 years, 1 month ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!??!?!
Wow it’s like you can read my mind lol!
Anyways….
I totally agree with what Whaley said.
The time jumps just take away so much from the story (even at the beginning where Aaron and Turin were working together) and it makes me lose interest. You do great at describing outside of the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@savannah_grace2009 @ellette-giselle
I can try XD
I think the focus needs to be waaay deeper. The writing is very much outside the characters’ perspective, and only tells the bare points of the story. So the orphanage endeavor feels random.
To compare it to something, the perspective is like a bird high in the sky. Everything below looks like doll…[Read more] -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Guys we should bring this back XD XD XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
ISN’T THAT CRAZY?!?!
- Load More
