@mineralizedwritings
Active 3 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
Enid started the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for?
(By the way, this is the 101st TotW post! Kind of cool.)
Can be any kind of trope! Romantic, hero’s journey, maybe a specific character archetype.
I found out over time that I don’t really like the trope where the government is over-controlling and tyrannical. The idea is r…[Read more] -
Enid replied to the topic DnD QNA in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Me and my sister will get DnD supplies soon! 😄 I found several friends to play with irl as well. None of us has experience, so I’ll have to learn the DM role by myself.
-
Enid replied to the topic Bland Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
A list of suggestions, because lists seem to help me. :]
1. SLEEP.
2. Think hard to see if there are any emotional problems holding you back. Maybe you’re comparing your work to other people too much. Maybe you struggle to connect with your first draft because it doesn’t have the same punch you expected it to have.
Then, if there…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 5 months ago
I’ve been having a lot of fun adding to my Inky project playlist lately so I need to share it even if no one listens to it
Danse Macabe by The Oh Hellos
Beauty Over Industry (Instrumental) by Unwoman
Under Giant Trees by Agnes Obel
Linger a While by Cosmo Sheldrake
Insatiable Curiosity by Michael Ghelfi
Let the Adventure Begin by Christian…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Bland Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I get that feeling a lot too, but I’m not really sure I have the best advice for overcoming it. I go through phases in my life where all my hobbies, particularly art and writing, feel very bland and aren’t fun anymore. I usually just wait it out and eventually I start liking it again. Sometimes I can force myself out of art block by…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@koshka @raxforge @whalekeeper
Ellie
Ellie’s brow furrowed, her brain trying to keep track of all the questions.
“No, he doesn’t talk. And when he grows up he probably won’t be as soft. Do you know a kid named Sebastian? No? Well he just handed the puppy over to us yesterday and left before we could argue. I still don’t get why.”
The puppy…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle The Hidden World???
Ohhh man I loved that one too. The visuals were so beautiful. And while I’ve heard tons of complaints about how Toothless and Hiccup separated and whether that plot was done right, I think it works, and tells the story beautifully.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle YESSSSSSSS
they’re so good! Which is your favorite? I can’t choose, I like all of them.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@theducktator yes!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle poor Rory.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle I remember that!!
Hunter’s still around lol. I’m planning to have him and his siblings show up at the dance.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic An Adventure Story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@linus-smallprint okay, cool!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Ooh, sounds really pretty! My sister wore a purple shimmery dress last year to Homecoming.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Yes, sorry for the mix-up! Sounds good, I hope you can make it! 😁
-
Esther replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Ohhhh wait, it’s on a Saturday! 🤦🏻♀️ Well then I’ll check again and lyk when I find out!
-
Esther replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Aw man! I wish I could make this one, but I really can’t fall behind in school any more so even taking one half-day off isn’t a good idea if I can avoid it 😭 HOpefully next time!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
@theduckator
Praying! <33
-
Esther replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Yes!! It’s a dark blue with purple shimmer. I’ll post a pic when I have one (in which I’m not wearing it 😛).
Ah, okay, gotcha.
Yeahhh, tickets are expensiveee. Ours are $65, and that’s just the early-bird pricing😬We live in the southwestern area, closer to Cincinnati.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I know! We really liked it, but the other state would be for my dad’s job. We don’t know what’s happening for sure, though. There’s still a chance!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Oh, cool! It’s very royal looking. I like the color!
Oh, which other state?
I’d probably have to check with my mom and see if she’s okay with me posting that on here. It’s in Central Time Zone, nowhere near Indiana.
I’m going to prom this year!! But not a homeschool one. I’m a sophomore, and my school (a hyb…
- Load More
