-
Lin replied to the topic Hello Once More (aka Introduction 2.0) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
My mistake. Upon closer inspection, it’s actually all on thick paper which is them glued onto cloth.
-
Lin replied to the topic Uhh, Hi? in the forum Fantasy 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming I’ve been planning on redrawing the symbols for a while now, but essentially there’s some set characters with sounds and attached meaning, and putting them in different combinations makes different words. I call it Rehveli.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello Once More (aka Introduction 2.0) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming My grandparents actually used to do this for my parents’ wedding my grandfather did one of one of the verses from Corinthians I think… Anyway the ones in our house are all on cloth/canvas, but generally paper works too I think. Also stone. Carved in stone is cool.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello Once More (aka Introduction 2.0) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming That all sounds really cool.
You’re gonna have to elaborate on what you mean by calligraphy, printed, and paper.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello Once More (aka Introduction 2.0) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming I’ve only done limited on Korean, but from what I can see it has an alphabet of different strokes that, when put into different orders in various characters (which are really just condensed versions of Japanese styles formatting) they make different sounds, and thus, have different meanings. It’s supposedly one of the easiest…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic Howdy from the new KP forum moderator in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
Hey, I’m Kathleen, one of the new staff members of Kingdom Pen!
Just thought I would pop over here and introduce myself real quick.
I’m a sixteen-year-old writer, musician, artist, and aspiring Taekwondo Black Belt living in Florida with the goal to make Kingdom Pen AWESOME.
I fully embrace my ranking, because I think ‘the bumbling hen…[Read more]
-
Kathleen changed their profile picture 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Kathleen changed their profile picture 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Kathleen changed their profile picture 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Kathleen changed their profile picture 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Kathleen changed their profile picture 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Lin replied to the topic Reintroduction of Yours Truly in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming XD That’s hilarious. Honestly the most slang I use now would be yeet, and that’s limited.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello Once More (aka Introduction 2.0) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming Oh, nice. Your language sounds a lot like Korean.
Yeah, your class does sound like it could’ve been better. What is your favorite subject?
-
Lin replied to the topic Greetings and Salutations Fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@inkling4christ I like Goldfish crackers and dried cereal; unfortunately, I usually eat too much of them at once, especially if I’m stressed. Nuts sound really healthy; I usually only eat them at mealtimes, though, because my sister’s allergic.
Care to give me a synopsis of your trilogy?
-
Lin replied to the topic Reintroduction of Yours Truly in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming Oh, nice. How did that happen XD?
That’s pretty cool. Goodreads does have a lot of interesting content.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello Once More (aka Introduction 2.0) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming So, for example: 这句话是用中文写的。The characters originated as pictographs for thins, kinda like Egypt, and gradually we use some set strokes to write them. Generally putting to characters together can make a specific noun, whereas one character gives an idea or concept (at least I think that’s how it works. I could be wrong, though, don’…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Reintroduction of Yours Truly in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming I like agathokakological for the meaning. It really resonates with two characters of mine. Yeah, I am on Goodreads, but I don’t use it that often anymore except to update which books I’m reading.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello Once More (aka Introduction 2.0) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming I know Japanese pretty badly, actually XD. I mainly rely on other translations so that I can create lyrics I like that fit the melody and rhyme as well. I don’t know about Chinese having letters, but I do know it has a few thousand characters. Korean and Japanese, on the other hand, use letters.
The weather is really nice but I’m…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Reintroduction of Yours Truly in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming I like quintessential, nostalgia, and agathokakological. I think there were a few more, but I can’t think of them on the top of my head XD.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello Once More (aka Introduction 2.0) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming I do a couple of different types of translations: From Japanese to Chinese, Japanese to English, English to Chinese, and Chinese to English. Yes, I wrote a sonnet for class this year, actually. Out of the formats I used to write villanelles the most, I think.
- Load More
