Reintroduction of Yours Truly

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Reintroduction of Yours Truly

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
    @william-starkey
      • Total Posts: 634

@devastate-lasting Hey, you’re a Loyal Sidekick now. Interesting; I’m on Goodreads as well. I’m trying to get contacts for my fantasy projects on my website for when I publish them. Goodreads has a lot of interesting things.

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@leon-fleming Oh, nice. How did that happen XD?

That’s pretty cool. Goodreads does have a lot of interesting content.

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

@william-starkey

@devastate-lasting XD Yep, totally. Did you hear that “totes cray” means “totally crazy”? *barfing* That’s probably a really old trend, but I don’t care. I tend to walk in the other direction when I see trends on words. XD WORDS HAVE THEIR ORIGINS, PEOPLE. Slang isn’t everything.

@william-starkey

That is, for the most part I’ll walk away.

Linyang Zhang
            @devastate-lasting
              • Total Posts: 1700

@leon-fleming XD That’s hilarious. Honestly the most slang I use now would be yeet, and that’s limited.

Lately, it's been on my brain
              Would you mind letting me know
              If hours don't turn into days

@william-starkey

@devastate-lasting Oohhhhh, noooo…*rubs eyes* (XD)

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 40

@leon-fleming unfortunately yes, my legs become very weary whenever I visit this kingdom, but there is no hope for change. We all doubt that Dragon Snapper shall ever reform of her destructive habit.

Good, I’m glad that summary made some slight sense. And yes, the color green is high on my priority list of all writing. As are most colors actually. I’m a synesthete so it’s pointless to resist.

RE: RE: PS Ahh yes that is on my to do list as well. Although I am not quite sure if my poems will make the cut here. They are in free verse and sometime confusing…though often dive VERY deeply into human motives and aspirations, things that are in themselves confusing so I suppose my skills are not to blame.

@william-starkey

@shannoncv Well, I guess it can’t help itself. Have you tried persuading her? She likes chocolate, right?

What exactly is a synesthete?

RE: RE: RE: PS Hey, you don’t know the half of it. Sometimes I write something that makes absolutely not sense whatsoever, but if even it does, only in a really complicated way. I also write in free verse, though other forms do occasionally capture my attention. Indeed. I haven’t gone much into human motive (that I know of). I’ve mainly stuck to rambles and vines on various things relating to nature. But lately, my mind has been turning to deeper topics.

Anonymous

@leon-fleming I cannot quite remember whether or not she likes chocolate. @dragon-snapper do you? If so I will send you many through the dragon express if you will stop melting my chairs! *speaks in a tantalizing voice as I wave chocolate under your dragon snout*

Oh yes synesthesia. Ok so basically it’s when two halves of your brain touch in the wrong place making you able to hear colors in music. Sometimes numbers/letters always have a specific color. One of the weird ones is “mirror touch” where you watch someone touch someone else or themselves and then you feel that touch in the exact same place on your own body. Some people have this type so strongly that they cannot even watch shows where people get hurt because they feel the same thing. For me this plays out in stories and in music…specific ideas or strings of words have a color, sometimes even people or characters have a color. Songs have colors. And I also have mirror touch so if I see someone scratch their back I feel the same thing. It’s weird but it is a real thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRbebvoYqI Here’s a good youtube video explaining it (it’s short don’t worry)

RE: RE: RE: RE: PS You should try exploring human motivation in your poetry as even practicing exploring it in poetry can help with writing. I find that the amount I have spent exploring my own and other’s emotions in my poetry helps me craft deeper and more raw characters. Nature poems are really good too though since we can really see God around us in nature, therefore making it a good subject for poems that seek to describe his attributes and delve into his relations with us, his creations.

@william-starkey

@shannoncv Oh, yeah! And add whipped cream, too. I’ll bet she loves whipped cream.

That’s very…interesting. I think I might have something like that. Every time I read or think about The Lord of the Rings, I get this green/brown colour feeling that is permeated with bright, wavy spots of light, almost like stars. When I think of my fantasy world, I get a more bluish, silver colour with small hints of green and a few splashes of yellow. When I think of Kingdom Pen it’ll be a mix of lots of colours, relating to all the different personalities in this Kingdom. Yellow is naturally warm like sunlight, and the number three is always some shade of green. Nine is always green, too, but deeper and much older. Almost wiser, if that makes any sense. The number four reminds me of a pleasant brown almost like chocolate, and also my cat (which is kinda weird, but his personality is strangely four-ish). The letter ‘f’ is sorta orange but yellow and brown at the same time, just lots more orange; a pleasant mix of them all. ‘Z’ is a dull orange, with more red. Green reminds me of water which turns it to blue and reminds me of wet rocks and wet things and the sea. There’s not much with touch, but sometimes, when I feel a rock, and hear the wind through the trees, and smell that petrichorant smell just after a rain, things start to come alive, and that’s where I get a lot of inspiration for poetry.

I get that about characters having colours; many of the characters in the LOTR have colors, but I can’t really describe them. Howard Shore music is a sharp ‘z’ish brown, if that makes sense; Hanz Zimmer is more blue with some grey, and Beethoven is a mystery.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: PS Yeah, I might just do that. Definitely.

Selah CJW
                        @selah-chelyah
                          • Total Posts: 245

@leon-fleming

Um, yeah, thanks for the welcome, newbie yourself! XD How many notebooks? IDK how many full ones I have- maybe 15-20ish from the last couple of years? But I really haven’t been writing until lately that much. A big chunk of that is from Nov 2018, when I started OOTA and wrote like crazy while I could. XD

I get the whole colors thing, lol. Hans Zimmer is definitely silver/grey/blue, and etc. 😛

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

@william-starkey

@selah-chelyah Yeah, I knew you were kinda embarrassed, you know, just jumping in, and not knowing who people were, or anything. I always try to be conscious of those details. (XD)

Nice; gotta love notebooks. 🙂 Cool.

Totally.

Selah CJW
                            @selah-chelyah
                              • Total Posts: 245

@leon-fleming

Ok, I guess that’s a correct assessment…? XD I hadn’t noticed that.

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

@william-starkey
                                Anonymous

Nine is always green, too, but deeper and much older.

Yeah…you definitely have synesthesia @leon-fleming there is no doubt in my mind about it, especially because you are SO specific about the colors you are seeing. That is definitely a mark of synesthesia.

I kinda thought that you did after talking to you awhile. You phrase things in a way that feels very familiar to me lol. One of the trademarks of my synesthesia is the way it helps me view word combinations. I will spend any amount of time over a specific couple of words because they have to feel just right together from a color standpoint.

Or like you describing Howard Shore music as “a sharp ‘z’ish brown.” That is so completely epic. It’s like a secret language. And also, nobody will have the exact same for color grapheme (letters and numbers to color). My three is a very sunshiny orange, and my six is a blue with just a hint of green in it but not enough to be called teal. And my A is the most classic red you ever saw and my J is a lovely purply blue that is almost pastel but not quite. But most of these connections are unique from person to person.

RE:^5 PS good I’m glad you will. Everyone should do it at some point in their writing. Also there were too many RE:’s…so I implemented Algebra (which I hate but is admittedly sometimes handy)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >