-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
No threats required, sir. XD
And this guy sounds fascinating.
To answer your question about subordinates… okay, well first of all you need to understand that INFPs are not natural leaders. They have the vision to spark a movement, but lack the stamina to realize it on their own. Only if their cause is spotless and completely in line with…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ha! Wow, okay, I’ll steer clear of you then @Daeus. This INFP has zero desire to be whacked. 😀
It’s actually fascinating how captivating people are when they’re broken. This is another advantage of studying MBTI— once you figure out all the different types you can discover what hurts them most and stick them all broken and beautiful in your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Julia-R, well since when have movie-makers not done romance simply because it wasn’t necessary? *wrinkles face in wry disgust* Personally, I think there are far too many movies where the romance was inserted ‘just because’. Don’t cheapen romance like that, people. It can be extremely effective in a story done properly. But done improperly?…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Julia-R, well since when have movie-makers not done romance simply because it wasn’t necessary? *wrinkles face in wry disgust* Personally, I think there are far too many movies where the romance was inserted ‘just because’. Don’t cheapen romance like that, people. It can be extremely effective in a story done properly. But done improperly?…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Bluejay hm… okay. Let’s see. Henry. Ralph. Allen. Robert. Edgar. Lewis. Martin. Thomas. Wilbur. Jonathan.
And hey, Kate is an excellent name to have. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ah, sorry you missed us @Dragon-Snapper! It’s always fun racing someone else who has claws instead of hands. *wink*
@Bluejay hm… you mean like Saxon/Old English? Or more like Regency era? Saxon names I can give you in abundance— Wulfstan, Edelbert, Alfstan, Edwald, Cynwulf, Halfdan (though that’s more Danish than Saxon) Harald, Alf, Sigmund,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Bluejay I know! *cheers*
I got 724 words written. What about you? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Bluejay me. *grins*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Your Avatar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Daeus huh… yeah, you’re right. I never noticed. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 10 years ago
@Ingridrd just type a general description of the image— bird with blue feathers, or cat sleeping, or something. At least, that’s what I’ve always done. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Your Avatar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ha, not weird at all @Anne-Of-Lothlorien. (Yes, I’m officially back from vacation. *cue rejoicing @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise*). My avatar is what @Daeus said— a creepy little dragon hugging a bottle of tabasco sauce.

I hate tabasco sauce, but I’ve loved this picture for as long as I can remember. 😉
And while we’re on the topic of movies… I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy and
Anne of Lothlorien are now friends 10 years ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
(btw @kate-flournoy, are you still up for that?),
@Daeus always, but gimme some wiggle room. I may not be able to take it right away. I’ll let you know when I’m ready for it.
*purposes to return later and give her goals… if she can figure them out… and if she is not suffering from a horrendous lack of sleep next opportunity…*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sherlock Holmes in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise… um… heh. *dons kevlar* I’ve read quite a few Sherlock Holmes and I never really cared for them. I really love intense stories and a good mystery, but I think the thing with Sherlock Holmes is that so much of it just seems pretty close to horror. It’s not technically horror, I know, but those I’ve read are so……[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
*best creepy Cheshire cat grin* Oh, you can’t help that. We’re all mad here.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Overcomer *hem* @Dragon-Snapper is a she. 😛
My summer… eh… it went okay. I never did get around to the Snow White novella, and I’m still editing my WIP… but I’m actually pretty happy with what I’ve accomplished, especially considering summer is the busiest time of year for our family. I’m confident that my WIP is actually going to be…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Workshopping/Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
On second thought, @ZCPeterson, the last line would probably be better as
The realms He holds safe in the palms of His hands. 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@ZCPeterson welcome! Another poet! We can always use more poets around here. The world can never have enough of poetry. 😉
And don’t worry; most of the forumers were stalkers long before they ever actually got involved. *winks* I think that’s because most writers are introverts. *grins*
So glad to be able to welcome you to the… uh… um… the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Workshopping/Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@zcpeterson first of all, I really love this poem. I love the idea of building a poem off a piece of scripture, and you executed it very well. I may have to try this… 😀
The only thing that really needs work is what @Daeus said about the meter. For instance, take the first verse:
Who among you can number the stars
Who can count every small… -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What is an assonance? in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien…
*ahem* First of all, your quote should have been:
‘”It’s an assonance.”
“What’s an…”
“Oh for pity’s sake don’t ask him what an ass-y-thingamy is! He’s only longing to be asked. Say nothing and perhaps he’ll go away.”‘And then…
‘Most boys at this would have either flared up or gone out, but Eustace did neither. He just…[Read more] - Load More


