Hi Everyone

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi Everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Zelphia Peterson
    @zcpeterson
      • Total Posts: 4

Hello, writers and readers and fellow wordcrafters. I’ve been hanging around the edges of Kingdom Pen for about a year now. I’ve submitted the odd poem here and there, perused some stories and articles, but I never really got involved. Spoiler: that’s changing (I hope).
      I got here in a really roundabout way. Long story kept long, one of my best friends went to an OYAN conference in Kansas (or somewhere) where she met Haley Long. I then joined a G+ group for writing with Haley and my friend where I put in some of my stuff for critique, got to know a few girls online, and so on. Haley being Haley told me to submit to Kingdom Pen, so I finally got around to it about a year ago.
      And now, here I am. So tell me, what do I do here?

Hannah A. Krynicki
      @hannah-krynicki
        • Total Posts: 81

@zcpeterson I’ll beat everyone to it this time: Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! Now that you’re here, you: 1) act crazy like the rest of us, 2) ask writing questions, 3) give advice, 4) talk about whatever’s on your mind, and 5) hopefully join the KeePers’ book club. And most of all, you have fun. Look around and jump in; looking forward to seeing you around!

Alia
        @alia
          • Total Posts: 1253

@zcpeterson

Hi Zelphia, nice to meet you.
          I’m not the best person to tell you what you can do, but here’s what I do.
          Read all the short stories and poetry, I make random comments on random forums, and occasionally, when I’m feeling brave, I even almost submit different works of mine.

WIP - Decisions
          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

BlueJay
          @bluejay
            • Total Posts: 1622

@zcpeterson Hello and welcome. *rats, I was beaten!* 😮 I really like the poems you sent in. It’s great to have you on board the forum now.
            *wonders whether to echo Hannah* *decides not to and just points up to her post* Just follow her instructions and you’ve got it. 🙂
            One thing I will tell you about is tagging. Your tag is @zcpeterson. Now that is different to what you have under your picture. Some of us are like that too. Others, like me, are the same. I’m @bluejay. 🙂 After using them for a bit, you’ll get the idea. If you don’t know them, just click to view their profile. Hope that helps.
            See you round. 🙂

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Aha! I was wondering when you’d show up. (moderators notice stalkers). Glad you finally poked your head above water. Drowning certainly isn’t recommended.

There’s lots of stuff to do on the forum. For instance…
              If you make a big writing discovery, share it so we can all know about it too
              Brainstorm with others about your story world
              Participate in the random writing games we sometimes do
              Join the writer’s corner (it’s a great way to stay accountable and focus more on your writing)
              Chat about your favorite stories and what you thought made them work
              Debate writing theory and ethics
              Receive critiques
              Share the writing life (because craziness is a sociable thing)
              (oh, and a big one) Make friends

And of course I must say, welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anne of Lothlorien
              @anne-of-lothlorien
                • Total Posts: 440

Hello Zelphia! (that s an awesome name btw) I, Anne of Lothlorien, the Silent Lady of England, do hereby officially welcome you to the Kingdom Pen forum. (rats, Daeus beat me to saying bestiest first)
                There is a lot to do here, I just started so I don’t know ll of it. If you like acting, go to the musical drama section of kingdom pen cinema forum. There is poems, a book club, which I still haven’t joined, and bunches of good stuff.
                And would somebody please tell me what OYAN is!!!!! I have recently starting hearing that so much and I have no clue what it is!

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Alia
                @alia
                  • Total Posts: 1253

@anne-of-lothlorien
                  OYAN stands for One Year Adventure Novel. It teaches you how to write a novel. Written by Daniel Schwabauer.

WIP - Decisions
                  Kapeefer til we're old and grey

BlueJay
                  @bluejay

Psst @anne-of-lothlorien It was actually Hannah Krynicki that beat you to saying “bestistest” not Daeus. He was second. 🙂 *disappears in a puff of smoke*

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by BlueJay.
                    Julia R.
                    @julia-r

@zcpeterson, welcome! So happy you can join us! I don’t grapple to be the first to welcome… (*@daeus, @hannah-krynicki… cough, cough*) 😉 I let you guys have the honor. Actually, I only just noticed that you got on. Whew! I said it.
                      Well, you can do a lot here. First, check out the forums! I suggest reading the Ren forum under general writing discussions, providing you enjoy Star Wars. If you don’t enjoy Star Wars, then there are others about Art, picking character names, general plot help… pretty much everything. And if you have a specific question, feel free to start your own! And, have fun with it. We’re all pretty goofy around here, so, please, don’t feel inhibited!

Julia R.
                      @julia-r

Oh, @zcpeterson, I noticed you like Louisa May Alcott. I am reading Little Women right now! (spoiler) Why did Beth have to die? WAAAHHH!
                        You also mentioned Jane Austen. I will also be reading Pride and Prejudice for school this year! Yay!

Jess
                        @jess
                          • Total Posts: 575

Hi! I see that lots of people have beat me to it, but welcome @zcpeterson! You are now allowed to eat crazy amounts of chocolate and carry a dagger! 😛

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Jess.
                          BlueJay
                          @bluejay

*runs in* Did someone mention chocolates? *looks around for the sweet* *pouts on find none.* *Supplies them herself*
                            ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
                            That should cover everyone who wants one. *no taking them all, understood? I am still a doctor!!!!*

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by BlueJay.
                            Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 3976

@ZCPeterson welcome! Another poet! We can always use more poets around here. The world can never have enough of poetry. 😉
                              And don’t worry; most of the forumers were stalkers long before they ever actually got involved. *winks* I think that’s because most writers are introverts. *grins*
                              So glad to be able to welcome you to the… uh… um… the most fantabulous place on the internet! *beams* Guys, I made up a new word!

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                              @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                                • Total Posts: 256

Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome @zcpeterson!

(You wouldn’t happen to be in anyway related to Andrew Peterson? He’s one of my favorite authors, so I have to ask. 😉 )

@BlueJay
                                *stares at chocolate* *slowly grabs one* *hesitates* *disobeys and runs off with it all*

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

BlueJay
                                @bluejay

@kate-flournoy That’s fantabulous that you made up a new word. *giggles*

@corissa-maiden-of-praise
                                  If you end up with a tummy ache don’t turn to me.
                                  You see @zcpeterson We are all nuts here. *and naughty, glares at Corissa*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >