-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I would put my stamp of approval on that entire post, but I’ve had some trouble with that in the past, so I think I’ll leave it un-stamped…
Awesome post just the same. Very good points, both you and @Ingridrd.On the topic of theme and endings, I have found that working a story simply for the purpose of presenting a clear theme can be…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay Yeah, it was a really good movie. I was tearing up in some parts, too. Ohh, you should watch Courageous and Fireproof! They’re really good and moving, as well. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@spradlin I think we need to discuss how many thumbs you have. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh yes, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde… actually you know, I think it’s more like a novella. I don’t remember the precise length, but it definitely wasn’t a full fledged novel. I highly recommend it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I don’t know where everybody else is @Daeus… but hey, I guess I don’t mind hogging it either. 😉 *eats cookie of her own, chokes, squints, eats second cookie and swallows with gulp, dusts fingers off on skirt*
I will be back with an intelligent post for this topic later. If the cookie monster doesn’t sue me first.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes @sarah-h, that’s one of the most important things about writing. Writing anything, not just something you’re not sure about. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hey, that’s great. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Well I got another 437 words written. Thanks for writing with me for that last bit @anna-brie. 🙂 902 in total. I’m very happy with that.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
More than I did @daeus, but I did have to do some research on kittens and stuff… 🙂 So I got 465.
@anna-brie are you continuing till 11:30??? (I am.) -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh! Oh oh oh, I remembered something else I was going to say. There’s a way to take an ending that would be completely bitter and add an element of sweet into it without reducing the bitterness.
I’m thinking specifically of one of my own novels here, but there have been countless others to employ this tactic. ToTC, to name just one.
The trick is…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh! Oh oh oh, I remembered something else I was going to say. There’s a way to take an ending that would be completely bitter and add an element of sweet into it without reducing the bitterness.
I’m thinking specifically of one of my own novels here, but there have been countless to employ this tactic. ToTC, to name just one.
The trick is…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I’m here and ready. @anna-brie I can go till 11:30 if you want. That is half an hour more than what Daeus is going to do. (9 for them is 11 for us)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Okay @Daeus I will grant you those are all very valid points. I actually do agree— the ending of tLotR really doesn’t have near as much meaning by itself as it does if you read all the trivia and history and world-building that made that departure significant. Which is too long to go into here… 😛
A good example of the bittersweet (actually…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Okay @Daeus I will grant you those are all very valid points. I actually do agree— the ending of tLotR really doesn’t have near as much meaning by itself as it does if you read all the trivia and history and world-building that made that departure significant. Which is too long to go into here… 😛
A good example of the bittersweet (actually…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
There are no words for the awesomeness of this topic @Daeus. I can finally unload. *rubs hands, chuckles evilly*
Actually don’t worry, I don’t think I have just tons and tons of stuff to dump off on you yet. 😉
Just a few points for now. The first being that it has to be unexpected. It has to be in some way different than the reader was…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hmm, not sure that made the most sense @his-instrument. the b makes things bold. the i italicizes (just make sure you highlight what you want changed. and b-quote is if you are quoting what someone else says. Maybe that is explained a bit better. If you want to know anything else, I’m sure there is someone else out there more experienced than I am. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
(I can’t figure out how to italicize…sorry!)
When you are typing a post you have the options for b i link
b-quote
Does that help?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope @gretald Yes I have seen it. In fact I posted that question just after I watched it. I haven’t seen Fireproof or Courageous as of yet, but I’ve seen the first two. That movie makes me CRY LIKE CRAZY!!!! It was very well done. And there are some very VERY VERY funny moments in there. And a great battle plan. PRAYER!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello Awesome Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@ingridrd and @bluejay we must be twins with different ages and different parents. 🙂
Haha There’s a story idea for you. Only we’d have to be triplets, not twins.
Oo I love Emily Elizabeth Black’s music too. I can play one of her simple songs on the keyboard, but my younger sister is much better than me.
🙂 😛 😀 -
Greta replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Literally laughing out loud when I read that. 😛 @spradlin
- Load More
