@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@jess No, thanks. You actually reaffirmed my point.
The ideas aren’t to be acted upon if they merely come from emotion. Emotion’s strength is that it prompts ideas the reason would never dare to dream. Reason then shapes those ideas to make them manageable.
People whose emotions get out of hand are that way because they’re reason isn’t playing…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope yeah, I guess I didn’t literally mean afraid— they just don’t like it. It frustrates them and breaks a hole in their world of graphs and lines and cold white building-blocks, though @Daeus just explained why that doesn’t have to be so… 😀
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise what exactly do you need insight on? INFP’s crying habits? 😛 Well we’re…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’ve been meaning to ask, what’s exactly is the difference between an affirmative and a turbulent?
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper ENFJ=awesome. It’s really that simple. You don’t need to understand anything else. 😛
All you INTJs, look. Emotions and logic really go hand in hand. Nothing complex about it. Emotion prompts ideas and offers advice, logic evaluates things and makes the decision, and emotion drives the execution. Very good combination.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Guysssssssssss *wails* I get home from church and get 38 emails…almost all of them from this thread. *pouts* I can’t keep up with you all.
And now, @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise, @Kate-flournoy, @Jess, on to INTJs.
Kate is pretty much right. The logic. The suppressing emotions and not showing it because it’s ‘just’ a feeling and isn’t what…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper well, you might say it’s become a hobby of mine. My type (INFP) is really into psychology and stuff, and we love people and figuring out what makes them tick, so it came naturally to me, I guess. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I’m doubting I’m actually that extroverted, like what @kate-flournoy said. I know for a fact that I can be very introverted. I guess what I’m mainly getting at is that not much of what an ENFJ is pertains to me. And I’ll admit I didn’t answer all the questions to their full potential. 😀 *guilty smile*
Talking to things…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise *pounces on offer with squeal of glee* YES!!!
*ahem* The INTJ. As Introverts, they are more reserved than otherwise, and as iNtuitives they deal in truths and concepts rather than facts and formulas, making them more visionary than practical. As Thinkers they are detached and logical; less people-oriented and more in…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise yes, it’s possible for any of the four functions that make up a type to be very close with their opposite function— you’re probably only T by a very small percent.
@Dragon-Snapper YES! *fist-pump* Called it. *huge grin* ENFJs are fun. It’s possible you are extroverted only by a small margin, which would explain your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise yes, it’s possible for any of the four functions that make up a type to be very close with their opposite function— you’re probably only T by a very small percent.
@Dragon-Snapper YES! *fist-pump* Called it. *huge grin* ENFJs are fun. It’s possible you are extroverted only by a small margin, which would explain your…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well, turns out I’m an ENFJ; I don’t even know what that means… Besides, I sometimes think I belong in my own world. You’ll find that there is hardly anyone who is exactly like me. And I understand that there are many people in the world like that…just like the rest of us, but for some reason, I think the test is being generous.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise oh my word!!! That’s… wow. That’s morbid. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Wow, you guys… I love this forum.
@Dragon-Snapper take the test. Here it is. It’s fascinating. If I had to guess, I’d put you down as either ENFJ or ENTJ. @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise is an ENTJ, and @Daeus and @Bluejay are ENFJs, so either way you’re in good company. 😉 And I know EXACTLY what you mean about mimicking character expressions— I’ve…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@all y’all OBJECTION!! @daeus @hope @corissa-maiden-of-praise
Just a thought… don’t you think it would be a little insulting to those in California if we did make a t-shirt with warnings like that? *smeagol voice* that doesn’t make us a light, now does it precious? -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@all y’all OBJECTION!!
Just a thought… don’t you think it would be a little insulting to those in California if we did make a t-shirt with warnings like that? *smeagol voice* that doesn’t make us a light, now does it precious? -
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
No, I don’t @kate-flournoy, and I’m jealous of you. Well, sometimes I slip into the character’s mind or put myself in their place to figure out what they would do. But generally I am very much the one writing. Well, I take that back; it depends on the character. I connect more closely with some and get in their heads better than with others.…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Aw, sorry @bluejay , I missed your replies, but thanks for writing with me anyway. (Even if I didn’t know you were.) 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus That goes too far! *melts all chairs* Please don’t forget that you are facing a dragon!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer Just so you know, I’m no longer writing. Can’t concentrate. I’ll try again tomorrow.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Haha
@daeus No ice creams either. Remember, we don’t won’t to be nursing sick tummies all the time…maybe just learn self-control. One ice cream per person. 🙂 - Load More
