The Mind of a Writer

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Mind of a Writer

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    Corissa Maiden of Praise
    @corissa-maiden-of-praise
      • Total Posts: 256

@sleepwalkingmk Ah, I see. I can’t imagine what my family would do to me if I used the same accent all the time. My dad says that “variety makes it bearable.” 😉

Yeah, fear of breaking down in public I think is generally just human- unless you want to be the center of attention, like some kind of variant of a hypochondriac or something. I don’t know. Really, the only times I can think of when I’ve ever broken down have been when I’m extremely tired. I think that’s more what being an NTJ is. We just, generally, don’t break down at all. And other personalities break down much more frequently- and that’s okay. It’s the variety that makes us special. 😀

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Jess
      @jess
        • Total Posts: 575

Sprechen Sie Deutsch? @sleepwalkingmk I took an online German language class for a few months a really long time ago. 🙂 I might take a German class for school though…

I think everyone has some degree of fear of breaking down in public. (Except, as Corrisa said, those who want the attention. I knew someone like that, actually.)

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@jess Exactly. Of course, there’s a time and place where “breaking down” is perfectly fine. Funerals, weddings, even high-school graduations (there’s one fellow I know who cries every time he tries to give a speech when one of his kids graduates), those are times when it can be appropriate to cry (as long as you don’t completely lose control and go berserk with all your emotions; it’s generally advised that that be avoided, as it can be dangerous for you and those around you 😉 ). It’s during events like these that our personalities show through more than a simple public event. Some of us (I think this is true for most NTJs) will almost never cry. Others (NFPs? Help me here, @kate-flournoy) will almost always cry. And that’s what makes an event special- the mixture of personalities in a flood of tears and joy. And tear-less joy. 😉

So yeah. There’s my two-cents. 🙂

SleepwalkingMK
          @sleepwalkingmk
            • Total Posts: 179

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Haha, yeah. Good to know I’m human 🙂 “You were just being human. That’s what humans do.” 😉

@jess
            Haha, not much yet. Oh, that’s cool. It’s for my foreign language, and I really like it 🙂

*yawns* I really need to get to bed. Happy conversing! 🙂

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Jess
            @jess

@Corrisa-Maiden-Of-Praise, I agree. However, since I don’t really care for emotions and feelings, I think it is harder for me to envision breaking down as a good thing. I have an INFP friend who always cries to. It’s kind of funny that we are almost polar opposites, but we can get along rather well. 😉

Jess
              @jess

Why is your tag not working, Corrisa? Did I spell something wrong? I don’t see anything… :/

SleepwalkingMK
                @sleepwalkingmk
                  • Total Posts: 179

@jess As an ENFP, I’m emotional, but I almost never cry. Movies may sometimes make me tear up, but I’ve never cried over one before (I cry in my heart a the really sad ones though). I usually cry when I’m extremely angry, hurt, or tired.

Now I’m really going to bed. *slaps self*

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@jess Yeah, it’s Corissa, not Corrisa. Two s’s, not two r’s. 😉

Hey, @kate-flournoy’s an INFP, aren’t you? Does my memory serve me correctly? We need some insight over here! 😀

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@sleepwalkingmk Alrighty then! Good night! 😉 (actually it’s still evening over here… where are you at again? But get some sleep before you answer. Seriously. Things on here get even crazier than normal when we have sleep deprived folk on board. 😉 )

Jess
                      @jess

@corissa-maiden-of-praise. Oh. Now I feel silly… :/

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@jess Don’t! Spelling mistakes are sooo easy to make… and other kinds of mistakes can be funny. When I was little I thought the third commandment was “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God to Spain!” 😛 😀 So yeah, missionaries to Spain are off limits. Which is funny, since we have some friends who are missionaries to Spain… 😉

Daeus
                          @daeus
                            • Total Posts: 4238

@dragon-snapper ENFJ=awesome. It’s really that simple. You don’t need to understand anything else. 😛

All you INTJs, look. Emotions and logic really go hand in hand. Nothing complex about it. Emotion prompts ideas and offers advice, logic evaluates things and makes the decision, and emotion drives the execution. Very good combination.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                            @daeus
                              • Total Posts: 4238

@kate-flournoy I’ve been meaning to ask, what’s exactly is the difference between an affirmative and a turbulent?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Jess
                              @jess

@daeus, In my experience, ideas based off of emotion tend to lean to the impossible and irrational side. Then there are the people who’s emotion completely overruns their logic. Also, what if emotion drives you crazy, and you cannot accomplish anything because of it? In some cases, emotions and logic can be a good combination, but not in all cases.
                                (I apologize if I sound uppity-uppity; I just want to be a lawyer… 🙂 )

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 3976

@Hope yeah, I guess I didn’t literally mean afraid— they just don’t like it. It frustrates them and breaks a hole in their world of graphs and lines and cold white building-blocks, though @Daeus just explained why that doesn’t have to be so… 😀

@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise
                                  what exactly do you need insight on? INFP’s crying habits? 😛 Well we’re terminally typecast as weepy-waily crybabies but that’s just not true. We cry over intense emotions (happy or sad) which we experience often, but we’re not crybabies. There’s just something about intense emotions that releases the flood… and I should also add that just because we’re crying doesn’t mean we’re sad. I’ve practically wept over a beautiful realization before, for no other reason than that it was just so beautiful. Crying for us is almost a mode of expression, though I practically never cry outwardly anymore. I cry plenty inside, but it’s too much hassle to deal with tissues and swollen eyes and everybody asking me what happened when half the time I was only appreciating how perfect something was… XD

@Daeus
                                  the difference between turbulent and assertive is simply the strength of your type. If you are dominantly your type, you’re assertive. But if, say, you’re like Corissa over here and keep getting different results, it means you have strong elements of other types and different functions competing with your type, which makes you turbulent.
                                  Make sense?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >