The Mind of a Writer

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί General Writing Discussions β€Ί The Mind of a Writer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    Corissa Maiden of Praise
    @corissa-maiden-of-praise
      • Total Posts: 256

Goodness; I think we need to place a giant CAUTION label next to this topic. Do you think you can look into that for us, @Daeus? πŸ˜‰

But anyway, back to the topic at hand. @kate-flournoy yes, I know exactly what you’re talking about. While I’ve never been one of my characters in my dreams (that would be delightfully frightening, by the way. May I ask for more details? I’m afraid that I suffer from acute curiositis), they do somewhat take over my brain. When I’m writing my introvert characters, I become introvert. Like, literally, last time I wrote an introvert character my grandma thought there was something wrong with me because I wasn’t speaking unless spoken too. And that time when I wrote from the perspective of a squirrel it was like I had an endless supply of caffeine running through my blood… although I didn’t crave nuts. I don’t eat nuts unless they’re smothered in chocolate- and even then, coconut is off limits. πŸ˜‰

I’m sorry, where were we? Ah yes. Gollum. We’s loves speaking like Gollumses, preciousss. I might be tempted to think I had a nice Gollum voice (that’s one of the worst oxymorons ever πŸ˜› ) except that my brother literally nails the part. We have great fun with it, actually. πŸ˜€

Boy, am I getting side-tracked tonight. Sorry if I seem crazier than usual, I’m sick so I’ve had solitary confinement in my room pretty much all day, which is not something I’m used to. So yeah, things might get interesting. I didn’t realize how many voices I had in my head until the complete and total silence of solitary confinement sunk in…

*ahem* Anyway *tries to focus* yes. Back to what @dragon-snapper said about the good sides of the writer’s mind…
      We can relate to people in a way not many people can. Thanks to constant advances in technology, we may soon have the opportunity to tell the entire world about Christ through our writings! Wouldn’t that be amazing?

*whispers in Gollum voice* Yesss, preciouss. And that would also give the villainses the opportunity to takes overs the world!!! *gollum, gollum* be quiet.

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@kate-flournoy Nope that’s good. Thanks. I actually hadn’t heard of any of these personality types before I came on here, so, besides what you’ve explained to me, I know nothing. (And yes, precious, we’s all crazy hereses. Great funses)

Yes, precious, we wantses to controlses the worlds. We’s bes a lightses in the darkses. Ye-es. *Gollum-Gollum*

I haven’t taken a personality test, so I’ve got no clue what wes is. I do know, however, that whenever I write about a certain persons emotions, my expressions change to that. A happy character, a smile on my face. An angry character, a scowl on my face. Its very strangses.

(all this Gollum talk is totally messing the autocorrect up. πŸ˜€ If everything wasn’t underlined in red, I would find it amusing)

On that note, I can’t stand it when things are disorderly or messed up. I need things to be organized, or I can’t concentrate or work. My writing, on the other hand, is where I can organize my words.

β˜€ β˜€ β˜€ ENFP β˜€ β˜€ β˜€

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

<NON-WRITERS: PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION. THIS THREAD KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER. FEDERAL INVESTIGATIVE AGENTS CURRENTLY CONSIDERING THE POTENTIAL OF DRUG USE HAVING A CONNECTION TO THE RAMBLINGS HERE PRESENTED. NOT TO BE READ BY PREGNANT WOMEN UNLESS WITH PROMISSION FROM THEIR DOCTOR. WARNING: SOME TESTS HAVE LINKED READING THIS POST WITH SUFFERING EXTREME SOCIAL DISORDERS INCLUDING (IF REPORTS CAN BE BELIEVED ON SUCH AN ISSUE HAVING NEVER BEEN DOCUMENTED SINCE 1972) SEEMING WIERD>

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Daeus
          @daeus

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper

@daeus HAHAHAHAHA! πŸ˜€
              Thanks, we are glad DR. DAEUS could contribute to this cause, and now for your local weather.

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@Daeus you just made my day! The whole β€œcancer in California” thing was perfect.
                And… we’re not on drugs yet. I’m not that sick; don’t jinx me. πŸ˜‰

BlueJay
                @bluejay
                  • Total Posts: 1622

@daeus WAIT!!!! You just became a doctor too. Welcome aboard. NOTE: No giving chocolates out to patients without checking with me first. πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by BlueJay.
                  Corissa Maiden of Praise

@bluejay We’ll still come to you for chocolate. @Daeus has the ice-cream! πŸ˜‰

BlueJay
                    @bluejay
                      • Total Posts: 1622

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Haha

@daeus
                      No ice creams either. Remember, we don’t won’t to be nursing sick tummies all the time…maybe just learn self-control. One ice cream per person. πŸ™‚

Daeus
                      @daeus

🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ

Warning: This thread known to homeschooling mothers to cause cancer.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper

@daeus That goes too far! *melts all chairs* Please don’t forget that you are facing a dragon!

Jess
                          @jess
                            • Total Posts: 575

Wow… I leave for a few hours and look what happens without me. @kate-flournoy, I’ve had dreams where I wasn’t in the dream at all, it was like I was watching a movie. Never with my characters though. That would be interesting. (If it was anything like my character’s lives, I might end up seriously injured. πŸ˜› )

@daeus
                            , That was beautiful. You could totally write those. πŸ™‚

@bluejay
                            , yes, I’ll still come to you for chocolate. πŸ˜€

@dragon-snapper
                            , Please restrain yourself. We need to buy more chairs now!

Hope Ann
                            @hope
                              • Total Posts: 1092

No, I don’t @kate-flournoy, and I’m jealous of you. Well, sometimes I slip into the character’s mind or put myself in their place to figure out what they would do. But generally I am very much the one writing. Well, I take that back; it depends on the character. I connect more closely with some and get in their heads better than with others.

That is hilarious @daeus. Though warnings are more like invitations to adventure, so I shall choose to ignore it…though I’m not a β€˜non-writer’ so I suppose I’m one of the things you are warning about, aren’t you. We need T-shirts with a warning label like this. Is there anyway we could get one?

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@Daeus not only ice-cream, but cookies too?! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! πŸ˜€ Although now we may need a warning about this thread causing virtual diabetes.

@hope
                                A T-shirt would be perfect! Who runs the swag around here? πŸ˜‰

@jess
                                YES. The whole dream like a movie thing. I once had a very complicated dream that I was simply a bystander in that was very interesting; it was set during the Revolutionary War. See, there was this family, and the father had gone off to fight with the Americans just before the British occupied the town where they lived and the citizens were forced to house British soldiers. Well, this family had a particularly high-ranking officer in their house, and he was falling in love with their mother, which was a problem since her husband wasn’t (as far as they knew) dead. So the officer rigs a letter to make it look like the husband is dead. The mother doesn’t like the officer, but she does believe the letter, and she’s heartbroken. The boy doesn’t believe the letter, and so sets off one night to find his father and prove to his mother that he’s still alive. But then a wandering British patrol finds him and drags him back into town. The officer β€œrescues” the boy from their clutches (though in reality he’s very angry, and intends to punish him properly after he’s won the boy’s mother), and moves the entire family by force β€œfor their own personal safety” to a British camp a few miles away. What he wasn’t counting on was the attack by American forces on the little camp a few days later. He got away, but a fair number of his men were either killed or captured. The Americans recognized the boy as the son of their comrade (for he had his father’s face) and take them back to their own camp where there was a happy reunion! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

I love dreams. πŸ˜€

Speaking of dreams, has anyone on here ever died in their dreams? I haven’t (yet), but @anne-of-lothlorien has. I have been severely injured a few times though, and that does hurt a little sometimes. πŸ˜‰

Snapper
                                @dragon-snapper

@all y’all OBJECTION!! @daeus @hope @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                                  Just a thought… don’t you think it would be a little insulting to those in California if we did make a t-shirt with warnings like that? *smeagol voice* that doesn’t make us a light, now does it precious?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Snapper.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 327 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >