@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
WHAT?!? No writers today???
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus ENFP. That description is ENFP to the core. *grins* And—‘The perfect knack for complimenting women’— that is absolutely hilarious.
One way to tell the difference (weird, but you already know I am) is to look at the eyes. ENFPs have very bright, living, curious, sparkling eyes. ENFJs are softer; more thoughtful and subdued. The…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
How’s my Aussie girl?
Awww…*blushes and smiles cute smile*
She’s enjoying (well, kinda) cold and foggy weather. Seriously, you wouldn’t know that it is the second month of spring. It looks more like winter. 🙁 I can’t wait till it’s summer. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Greetings, Mellon!
I love your topic title. 😉
I also entered the Call to Pens— congratulations on second place. 😀
And believe it or not, you are the first elf. I’m one of the dragons @Daeus warned about, but I’m really not that scary. Too small. 😉 Welcome to the Realm of the KeePers, @Ethryndal. -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise – I shall certainly put one up then. XD
@emma-flournoy – aww, thanks. <3 Nice to meet you! aaaand no we’re not really in a house yet. Hopefully soon, since we won’t have any more house-sitting things by December. 😛
@gretald – Good to be back! 😀
@Rolena-hatfield– Thank you! *grin* *bows to the crickets*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus ewwww, yes. The priests of the Ra’zac, I forgot about those. I don’t think there are any scenes as nasty as that one, though there are a few (in Brisingr, if my memory serves me?) where the priests play a pretty major part. Nothing terribly gross like that first scene; just… those guys are nasty wherever they turn up.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey, you’re are first elf on here so far, @Ethryndal. Watch out for the dragons.
I was about to say that I entered the same contest, but then I realized I actually didn’t 😛 Double congratulations because you didn’t procrastinate like I did.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer, @jess, @winter-rose, @kate-flournoy, @daeus (it’s been awhile) @dragon-snapper @anyone else
I’m writing now. Does anyone wish to join me??? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer, @jess, @winter-rose, @kate-flournoy, @daeus (it’s been awhile) @anyone else
I’m writing now. Does anyone wish to join me??? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Welcome to the bestistestistest place @Ethryndal.
You’ve come to the write place for insane people. 😉 We are all more or less insane ourselves. But rather more than less. 🙂
Congratulations on winning second place. Very rewarding for all the work that goes into writing.
What genre do you like writing? Fantasy??? What are your favourite…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal started the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Mae Govannen!
I suppose I ought to introduce myself, for no other reason than it’s what everyone else has done, and far be it from me to be the odd one out. I am new here (as I’m sure you’ve guessed) so… hi.
Alright. About myself. I am partly insane. Well, not exactly. Really, I’m mostly insane. Alright. I’m completely insane. Don’t judge…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal started the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Mae Govannen!
I suppose I ought to introduce myself, for no other reason than it’s what everyone else has done, and far be it from me to be the odd one out. I am new here (as I’m sure you’ve guessed) so… hi.
Alright. About myself. I am partly insane. Well, not exactly. Really, I’m mostly insane. Alright. I’m completely insane. Don’t judge…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
He was raised a cult? I guess that makes sense.
It didn’t disturb me in book one, but I just read the chapter about the blood oath celebration and that was pretty occult. Very disturbing. Anybody know if there are any other scenes like that later on? I’d want to skip something like that again.
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I only read the first book. It was a good story overall, but his writing style was a bit…
different.The major thing I didn’t like about the series was how dark the magic was. I usually don’t have a problem with magic in writing if the writer does not really delve into it. After reading book 1, I felt kinda corrupted, to be honest. I have a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy That’s a helpful clarification. I’m not sure about my brother though. Maybe it’s not as clear since he’s younger. I think he’s fairly organized. I noticed it’s easy to get him to wear matching clothes if that counts. He seems to try to get his own way but is also very ready to follow. I don’t think of him as stubborn. He’s the best…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury You’re back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Well done. I admire your self control. *takes one ice cream too* -
BlueJay replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@rolena-hatfield My story is about a ten year old German girl who is in England at the start of WWI.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Kingdom Cinema Q&A in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Aratrea if it isn’t too late, do all three of you know your MBTI type, and if so, what is it?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
The Snalgli? *shudders* Ugh. I’d tried to forget those, @Sierra-R. Thanks a lot. 😛
Great points about Paolini’s weak worldview. I agree. Which is really sad, because a strong theme could really have made that series several LAYERS of more awesomeness. I basically had to look to the supporting characters for applicable life-lessons, and even…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise congratulations! Welcome to the crazy world of psychological genius! 😀
@Dragon-Snapper I agree with @Emma-Flournoy. One hundred percent. 😉 Also, one of the reasons I love fantasy as a writer is because it takes us so completely out of our reality that the truth of reality can be portrayed through it and be as fresh and…[Read more] - Load More
