@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I shall return more in depth later cuz I’m in a rush, but if you learn well by studying the work of other authors READ LADDIE BY GENE STRATTON PORTER. The story is told from the POV of the protagonist’s younger sister, and Gene Stratton Porter absolutely nailed the perspective of a ten-year-old girl.
I shall return. *vanishes…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien His name is Thranduil, but I probably just made you faint at the sound of Legolas’s dad. Unfortunately, I don’t know elvish, though I have taught myself ancient dwarvish. It’s quite nice to write notes to myself when I don’t want anyone else to read it. 😛
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Um… maybe the fact that you think you’re a dragon? That might be a sign. Or the fact that you write. That’s a biggy too.
You know you’re a writer when you think about everything you like or love in the terms of ‘How can I put this in my latest book?’
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh, gee. Little kids are hard. I have a nine year old in my stories, and I’m constantly having to slow myself down to a much more basic view of life when I write her.
Like all human beings, you find such vast differences from one to the next, but they’re harder to write about, probably because their minds and thought processes aren’t as complex…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper That’s true about being innocent because they don’t know about the bad things yet. I noticed when adults are worried or sad, little children seem to notice it, and it worries them. Think of all the movies where the parent gets a message saying their spouse has died. The little kid climbs in the paretns lap and says in an adorable…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Mhmm, definitely a writer. (I don’t know what makes me a writer yet…) 🙁
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal Yah, Legolas found me in wandering in the woods after I discovered the way to reach Middle Earth. I was babbling about how awesome he is, and how awesome Elves were, and how awesome Lothlorien is, and stuff like that so he offered to take me in and teach me how to live like an elf. He’s even going to show me how to defy gravity by…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus Will definitely do so. We have lots of lectures by Bill Potter, if it’s the one I’m thinking of—you know him?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’ve noticed that little kids are cute as well as bundles full of energy. They don’t easily get mad or sad, and are always giving people the strangest things.
When I write little people, they usually end up making people realize what they want, or bringing up painful things that need to be brought up, and yet they are…[Read more] -
Anne of Lothlorien started the topic I Wrote This in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
So,this is for songs that you’ve written, and when you want to put the words.
Here’s some lyrics to a song I just wrote. Unfortunately, you can’t hear me sing it, which is too bad, because I flatter myself I do it well, but here’s the words. This is the first one I’ve done, so it might sound weird to you. And don’t read it like a poem, cause then…[Read more] -
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Anne of Lothlorien started the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
No, I’m not talking to you. I’m talking about little children. I have a lot of trouble writing little kids. The youngest I’ve ever written extensively about is an 11 year old. That may seem weird cause I have four younger siblings age 11 to 2, but it’s hard!
So, if you guys have any advice, information, how you write little people, their thought…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury Thanks! And yeah, the names a bit hard to swallow. I was going to name one of my characters it, but for some reason I kept mentally referring to myself as it, so it’s somehow become my unofficial name for everything.
@anne-of-lothlorien Wow, what’s it like being an adopted Elf? I’m only an intern… But I do know a bit of Elvish, so I…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury Thanks! And yeah, the names a bit hard to swallow. I was going to name one of my characters it, but for some reason I kept mentally referring to myself as it, so it’s somehow become my unofficial name for everything.
</iframe><p>via GIPHY</p>” alt=”shrugging” />
You see, I can do it too. 🙂
@anne-of-lothlorien Wow, what’s it like…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@jess Are you kidding me? That’s your search engine? One time I had ‘What is the most tasteless poison in the world?’ ‘Where the the world’s most venomous snake live?’ and ‘how long does it take to recover from an arrow shot to the left shoulder?’
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy I think we all know you’ve already lost it. We all have.
I have read the book, all of them, and the Hobbit. I wanted to…do something terrible to Tolkien too. I hated their deaths, but yes, they were better in the books. More honorable. But that still didn’t stop me from crying for twenty minutes at his heart-wrenching pounding…[Read more] -
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yes I realize I just tagged myself #mindofaforgetfulwriter
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you’re so distracted planning a plot twist that you unwrap a Starburst, put the candy in the trash and the wrapper in your mouth. Then you spit it out and make a disgusted face, then morph into making faces that your MC could make when he’s poisoned.
You know you’re a easily distracted writer when you start out…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for the input on titles. I think I will do Fourth Rule, etc. without the ‘the’ Sorry @the-bean. It’s a tough life.
23,316 words!!!!! I’m so happy! But I’m still behind. Guess who tried to write at eleven o clock at night and woke up on the couch?
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy @anna-brie @Daeus I will pray. Hard. Cause that’s the best way to fix things. Stay strong in God!
- Load More
