@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Love your new profile picture, @anne-of-lothlorien
Also, the quote is from The Scarlet Pimpernel to chauvelin.
So do I get to go now, or do we wait for you to confirm we are correct?
“So you’re bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?”
-
Anne of Lothlorien started the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
So this is a fun game my brother and I play a lot at home. One person says a random line from a movie or book and another person has to ‘quote it’ or give the source of the quote. The person who gets it right gets to do their own. So here’s the first one.
“I would never have dreamt of depriving you of your moment of triumph. Alas, a moment was…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@the-bean Um, maybe, if I knew what an introvert was? Does it have something to do with MBTI personalities?
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy This is kind of like, really cool to be on at the same time as someone else. It’s like I’m having a real conversation.
Everyone else, is there anyone in your family that you have based a character off of? My only one would be my cousin’s cousin, Hans, who is 15. He’s a guy who would try and jump a fence to see if he could and end…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
WAAAAAAAAH! *freaks out cause this thing is the most awesomest story ever*
Give me more pathetic Dallas and sweet Roy moments please @writefury. You are despicable for killing Wolf’s family, sweet for having the whole Roy/Cardboard brother protection thing Pathetically good at cliff-hangers *that’s a good thing* and cruely cruel with all your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha! Little siblings can be so creepy. 😀
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yah, one time, just about the only time my little brother was able to scare me, was when I was up at twelve o’clock at night. I wandered down to the kitchen to get some milk, rounded the corner, and he was sitting on the table, staring at me. I jumped probably three inches and dropped my cup, (thankfully not full of milk) on the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm hm… my favorite genre of music is probably traditional Celtic/Scottish/Nordic, though it’s really hard to find genuinely beautiful arrangements of traditional tunes.
And… I don’t have a favorite band. I just dig through stuff and find things I like the sound of. 😛 -
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Bleh. I don’t even know why I read anything political. It makes me so depressed about where our country is going. But God can still do amazing things through anyone! Even Donald Trump.
@sarah-h Yes. My aunt listened to Rush Limbaugh’s radio thing and he mentioned Walkerton and she was like, “Hey, I know that place! My family lives there.”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper um… keep it to myself. 😛 Trying to explain awesome story ideas or plot twists to non writers just never really works. If it’s just too amazing to not tell anyone, I’ll tell @Emma-Flournoy because even though she’s not a writer herself she understands. 😉 I also write it down in my little pocket notebook. I have at least three…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@warrioroftherealm You didn’t tag me. I feel so left out. Are you new here? I don’t think I’ve seen you before? Check out the Mind of a Writer Thread. Crazy Awesomeness. And madness. Insanity.
I just wrote my second song, “I wrote this thread’ And all I can say is don’t read it to yourself like a poem because songs have different meters and…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic I Wrote This in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Yah, I thought of that and am working on it, but I can’t come up with anything else. Ideas?
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ghack! Dying! Dying! Run out of chocolate! Can someone revive me? *hopeful glances at @Daeus*
I’m actually now over 35.000 words. Yay me!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I love it @Anne-of-Lothlorien.
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Wow. @emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy @writefury @ethryndal others I missed…
This is a bunch of awesome advice! I especially agree with don’t make them too perfect. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien Ah, okay. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm Got it.
And I agree hugely with you and @Mark-Kamibaya about repetition in songs!!Have you heard the musical ‘group’ (not sure if that works, ’cause it’s mainly two people) Secret Garden? They’ve got some weird ones, but some of their’s are gorgeous. It’s a Norwegian composer and pianist (Rolf Loveland) and an Irish violinist…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@jess Aboslutely. I’m so sorry, but it’s great that he’s a Christian. Don’t take that wrong, some people do when I say that.
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy I’m at my grandparent’s house for Thanksgiving.
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal I just realized that when you said it. One day I was pretty mad at things that had prevented things that I’d wanted to do (like go to the library and read outside and talk to my friend) and that day I wrote the angriest conversation I’ve ever had in a book.
@kate-flournoy @hope – I purposefully creep myself out sometimes. @hope if you…[Read more]
- Load More
