NaNoWriMo

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

I’m over half done with the nano word count! 29,621 words!

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1486

@hope bravo! encore! 🙂

Anne of Lothlorien
        @anne-of-lothlorien
          • Total Posts: 440

Ghack! Dying! Dying! Run out of chocolate! Can someone revive me? *hopeful glances at @Daeus*

I’m actually now over 35.000 words. Yay me!

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah R.
            @his-instrument
              • Total Posts: 229

I hit 42,000! I had a slight setback when my computer corrupted the document that my novel was on, and I spent about forty-five minutes thinking that I had just lost all 33,000 words of what I had written so far. (I started over from the beginning… then, praise the Lord, I found a backup file that had 30,000 out of my 33,000 words on it. On the upside, I got to experience stress and frustration, and made mental notes of my internal sensations for use in future novels, because that’s what writers think about in the middle of extreme stress.)
              So glad y’all are doing well! Has everyone been able to keep up regular life as well? Or did you lock yourself in a dark room with nothing but a computer and a chocolate bar? 🙂

YA Fantasy Writer
              Obsessive Character Namer
              Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Anne of Lothlorien
              @anne-of-lothlorien
                • Total Posts: 440

Oh thank you @Daeus. Can’t survive without my cyber chocolate fix. Actually I have more real dark chocolate cause we were at MEnards and I bought some on a late Black Friday sale.

I am at 41,600 words, but I’m behind and there’s only three more days and I’m freaking out!

@his-instrument
                – I can’t lock myself in a room because the computer I use is in the living room. Not a laptop, and mine is crashed. So I just get my chocolate and sit down and usually turn on music or audio dramas.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Hannah R.
                @his-instrument

FINISHED! Yay! I mean, I met the 50,000 words. My novel is about halfway done.

@anne-of-lothlorien
                  I’m really impressed that you listen to audio dramas while writing. If I did that, I would not be able to concentrate on both at the same time. What audio dramas do you listen to? I’m an Odyssey fan, and I like Focus on the Family Radio Theater and Lamplighter Theater as well. But if I listened while writing I would be typing out every word that the characters were saying. I can’t even listen to music while writing. My brain doesn’t divide that well. 🙂 And as for your word count, don’t freak out– I’m sure you can do it!

YA Fantasy Writer

Anonymous

Hey all my fellow NaNoers! I crossed 50,000 words today! YAY!
                    Time to go back to normal life, if a writers life is ever normal.
                    NANORIMO, YOU HAVE BEEN CONQUERED! 🙂

@his-instrument
                    Great job comrade! Good Luck with the rest of your novel! 🙂

Hannah R.
                    @his-instrument

@winter-rose Congratulations! Well fought; thou hast conquered the struggle and emerged victorious!

YA Fantasy Writer

Louise Fowler
                      @perfectfifths
                        • Total Posts: 726

@his-instrument & @winter-rose Oh my goodness! Congratulations! That is so impressive! I’ve only gotten to 31,000-something words, and that’s in one and a half novellas or something like that. 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Hannah R.
                        @his-instrument

@perfectfifths Thank you for the congratulation!
                          I have to say, I was surprised at what I was capable of when I set myself a schedule and stuck with it. 31,000 words is still impressive, though! Well done! It takes dedication to be a writer at all, and even more dedication to actually finish a novella. Keep up the excellent work!
                          By the way, do you play violin? I am a pianist and vocalist who dabbles in violin. And I love music and composition, so the username “PerfectFifths” jumped out at me. I always get excited when I sense the presence of other musicians. 🙂

YA Fantasy Writer

Louise Fowler
                          @perfectfifths
                            • Total Posts: 726

@his-instrument Thank you, I’m very happy with my word count of 31,000, especially since I hadn’t participated before, and every other story contest/challenge thing I’ve ever consider taking had much smaller words counts. One Christian story contest only allowed 1,750 TOTAL. That’s MAYBE a chapter for me. XD I didn’t end up entering anything because the guidelines felt too restrictive.

Yes, I do play violin! I got the name PerfectFifths from the violin strings, which are tuned to perfect fifths of each other. 😀 So cool that you spotted that, I usually have to explain it. 😉 How long have you been playing piano and “dabbling” in violin? (I honestly don’t know how you can only “dabble” 😀 ) I also dabble in piano, but I cannot read music and play on piano to save my life (at least, not with out a lot of effort compared to sight-reading on violin) I don’t know why. 🙂

Currently reading Les Miserables

Anonymous

@perfectfifths @His-instrument Thanks you two! Good job on your word count Perfectfifths! Hannah’s right, that is still an impressive word count! 🙂

Rolena Hatfield
                              @rolena-hatfield
                                • Total Posts: 405

Congratulations on a job well done everyone!!!! *throws confetti and balloons*
                                Welcome to the after NaNoWriMo party where authors crawl out of their holes to greet the world again! 😀
                                Chocolate cake and ice cream for all!
                                You attempted an enormous challenge and no matter how far you got, I’m impressed with your abilities to persevere and write.
                                Great job ya’ll!

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Jess
                                @jess
                                  • Total Posts: 575

*crawls out of her hole to greet the world again* You said cake and ice cream! I’m kind of ashamed of myself that I didn’t come out here more, but anyways, I reached 50,000 at about 1:00 am November 29th. (So, the night before the last day.)
                                  @winter-rose, @his-instrument, congrats! *confetti and glitter* And everyone else who did NaNoWriMo that I missed! @perfectfifths, I recognized the perfect fifths term as something for strings, but didn’t know the exact definition. I’ve always wanted to play violin, but I’m doing piano and my parents won’t let me do two instruments at once. 🙁 Awesome job on 30,000! That’s impressive! 😀

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Jess.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >