@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
I think you’ve pinpointed a certain problem a lot of beginning songwriters have:
Saying more than one message in the song.
For example, lets say that you are intending to write a song on how God is all powerful.
You might reference both His justice and His goodness, but you will be focusing on one thing. Otherwise, your audience…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Seriously though, you could really do something with that. The white people of your dreams, dancing the dance of moonlight? Don’t throw that one out anytime soon.
You know you’re a writer when the best dream you ever had is the one where your main character was bullying you, just because you got to hear what she sounds like.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien It’s the best kind of blackmail, telling your siblings when they’re being annoying that you’re going to base a villain off of them… though I think they’re on to me now, since I haven’t ever actually done it. 🙂
@jess I accidentally wrote myself into my main character, but didn’t realize it until about three days ago when my…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy It’s the Princess Bride when Wesley is trying to comfort Buttercup about the Fire Swamp, right?
@sarah-h I think his name is Vezzini. And Happy Thanksgiving! -
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Being the helpful person that I am, I both don’t know and I don’t know.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus What’s his name? I might want to look him (the historical one) up. Do you think I shouldn’t if I’m going to watch the movie—spoilers?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Well, the movie gave the date for his death, so I assume he was real.
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
I haven’t seen you around until now. Funny how our paths haven’t crossed yet, since I’ve been here for at least half a year or more…
The song I’m writing is going to be an upbeat, guitar driven song (in the southern rock/blues/country style).
Jackson E. Graham
http://jacksonegraham.wixsite.com/jackson-e-graham -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien it’s from a very famous comedic fantasy that practically everyone has watched.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
‘It’s not a choice. Not for me.’
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper I’m curious—can I ask what your real name is? It’s not top secret dragonian intelligence is it? 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Ah, you shouldn’t ask me that question. Any time I’m in my room, or I have my computer out, I’m listening to music.
@anne-of-lothlorien I don’t think that the Warrior’s new… He’s been here for longer than I have.
Here’s me keeping it as simple as possible–
My favorite genres are Worship and Epic. So sorry, Warrior, but I’m…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I know that you’re not exaggerating. I have just as many ideas or more.
@anne-of-lothlorien I would jump the fence, but hope NOT to get a broken arm. I’d do it for the exhileration. (Ah, what am I saying. I’m a dragon, I’ll just fly over the fence.)
I have based a character off of someone before… but that’s another long story.…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya No, I don’t like that theme of the movie. I’m talking about the powerful turn-around of characters. It has a good theme in that, but yeah, otherwise it is like Frozen. (And I can’t stand Frozen) 🙁 *melts the movie*
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@the-bean So yah, I’m probably an introvert.
My family just arrived, so adios.
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Is it from another Narnia? Can we do hints?
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Aaaah, it’s right on the tip of my tongue! Um… I think I just heard it super recently.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean according to my observations, yes. But I don’t think it necessarily follows that one must be an introvert to be a writer. Introverts simply come to that more naturally. It’s a ‘safer’ way for them to make their voice heard.
@Anne-of-Lothlorien no, I don’t think I’ve ever based a character off a family member or someone I know. Just…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Heyyyy, you beat me to it @Hope.
But we knows the answer to that one too. *nods sagely* Edmund to King Miraz.‘Nonsense. You’re only saying that because no one ever has.’
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Love your new profile picture, @anne-of-lothlorien
Also, the quote is from The Scarlet Pimpernel to chauvelin.
So do I get to go now, or do we wait for you to confirm we are correct? Anyways, here’s my next one.
“So you’re bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?”
- Load More

@emma-flournoy Well, that’s just the thing, it is dragonian intelligence. Lost among mountains and mountains of scrolls. Sorry.
@Dragon-Snapper Ah. I shall inquire no further. Wouldn’t do to get on a dragon’s bad side, would it, O Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities?
😉
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. 😛
(Don’t worry, I know you’re neither of those.)
@emma-flournoy
Smaug’s such a great character. 😀
(Don’t worry, I know. 😉 )
@dragon-snapper