@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Wellll… I flipped a heads, so I guess I’m gonna keep reading it unless I stop.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Kay Kate kan’t kantradict kat.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Also I’ll tag you when I start tomorrow, ‘kay?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus hey that’s not bad.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well, that’s better than I’ve been doing recently. I did pretty good on editing tonight though. I did the first two and a half chapters from TATHOF, with the only exception of Sestin whom I’m going to focus on specifically in another round.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I got 869— not stunning, but I got over a difficult slump where there was a lull in the action so I’m happy.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh, goody.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus me. And yes, I’m planning on it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @allyecornicopiaofpeople Anyone else writing?
By the way, Kate, are you writeathoning tomorrow? I’m trying to get back into writing (as opposed to just editing) and I feel like I need to go back to boot camp.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
At any rate, David might have done a better job training Solomon than he did (at least as far as we can tell).
@Mark-Kamibaya Actually I take that back. I was talking about it with @Kate-Flournoy, and later I went and looked specifically for stuff in the Bible from David to Solomon. Looking specifically at 1 Kings 2:1-4 and 1 Chronicles 28:9 ,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I’d be the last person to judge you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Hmm, sounds better. Maybe if I’m feeling less cynical tomorrow. Or maybe I’ll flip a coin. I really don’t know. I seriously might just flip a coin.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus yes, I know. Eldest was by far the toughest to get through. Thematically wishy-washy and not accomplishing much of anything. It’s been a while since I read Brisingr, but I do seem to remember it being a lot more interesting and a lot less eye-roll-worthy when it came to the worldview, probably because it didn’t say much of anything about it…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal Oh! Big Hero 6. Baymax said that about ten times in a row to Hiro.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy So I’ve finished book two now. I know you said it get’s better, but how much better? You see, I’ve almost lost interest in the series at this point. I know, I was just saying how I planned to finish the whole thing, but I guess I can change my mind quickly. One reason is that the books would take me a while to get through, but I’m…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy So I’ve finished book two now. I know you said it get’s better, but how much better? You see, I’ve almost lost interest in the series at this point. I know, I was just saying how I planned to finish the whole thing, but I guess I can change my mind quickly. One reason is that the books would take me a while to get through, but I’m…[Read more]
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for the advice! I try to use scripture whenever I can in songwriting. When you’re trying to help teach people about life in song, why not use the words God gave when he was giving us advice about life? 🙂
I probably will pick key and melody when I’m finished tying up all the rhyme schemes, etc. I used to start with chords…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@his-instrument Tangled? The Tavern Thug Guy with the hook?
How about “On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain level?”
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya That verse— “Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.” —is one I hold to say he was bad. It says he went not fully, because he was Godly, in his earlier life, as you’re saying. But toward the end, he turned away. That doesn’t to me say he still partly had a heart for…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
- Load More
