@magicalstories0611
Active 1 year, 4 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 24
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, that’s true. I just thought I’d point it out, and I haven’t gotten to RoW yet, but I think I’ll still enjoy it. It is a common complaint I’ve heard about Kaladin specifically, and it isn’t unfounded, I just differ from the view.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Lol, thanks! Is there anything I can do to help reassemble your brain?
Yeah, since math is basically the language of our universe, and systems like set theory were originally intended to unify mathematics, then could there be a system of laws in reality that mimic that?
Russel’s paradox is basically what ruined…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Fantasy Universe: Celestiar in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
That’s fair. It’s true that you don’t want to become preachy about things, but I’m just thinking that if this really is the same God we worship, then that would mean that the same principles of the fall and atonement would be present. Perhaps it could take a completely different form than that, but it could still be there. It could also be…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
I’m in the middle of OB as well, but I looked through your thoughts on the books before. I agree with Whale’s assessment on Kaladin. Suffering is what makes characters interesting to me personally, as well as how they deal with said suffering. Kaladin was often wallowing yes, and obviously not without good reason, but it can still get…[Read more]
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
@Godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6
Umm, I am not sure where we left off yeah, but I’m sure we can figure something out!
Do either of you want to RP first? Because if not then I definitely can
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Fantasy Universe: Celestiar in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
I like it! So this is within a multiverse of sorts with our universe? Is earth perhaps one of the 12 planets, or is this a different reality completely that God created? Are you going to express the need of a Savior, since this is the same loving Heavenly Father?
Malgrium’s name feels to reminiscent of Melcore and Morgoth to me. Though I…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
One idea for a magic system that’s been banging around in my head for a while now, but I haven’t quite been able to figure it out is a paradox magic system. I’m specifically thinking of things like russels paradox. Imagine a magic system that is in some way analogues to the principles of set theory. It is a perfectly consistent system, where if…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Love it! It’s a solid, straight forward system. I agree with Jonas’ assessment, though perhaps there are more creative ways of exploring that other than just making it a higher rank. Like what if they are the analogues of the previous two simply expressed by a different people, race, gender, ect. Or perhaps the Soulbinders…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Sebastian Universe in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
*eagerly sits down with popcorn and a fuzzy blanket*
-
Loopy replied to the topic Sebastian Universe in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Yes!! Into the Sebastianverse!
I would love to read anything you post on here. Your world(s) and characters are so cool.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
That’s fair, though it doesn’t need to be a full fledged language for things like fantasy. Just enough to have an extra aspect of your world. Brandon Sanderson doesn’t put too much stress on it, just alluding to different concepts in the languages he doesn’t care to explore. I really like to make them though, there’s another dimension of…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Although Critiques is also a good one to go on for particularly, well, critiquing your writing.
A conlang is a Constructed Language. A language that is made by one or a few people for some purpose. Tolkien popularized conlanging for things like fantasy.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Just so I know, where would the best place on the forum be for that? I’m stilling getting used to everything.
Hmmm, there’s actually quite a few places. You can go through the General Writing Discussions page, and look through the most active forums, like the Place to Share… is one, but I would probably make my own on General Writing D…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
@lightoverdarkness6 Yeah that sounds great!
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
I haven’t been active in the castle in a while either. It’s kinda been dead. I don’t even know when the last time I RPed in here lol XD
If no one else wants to I could have one of my new characters meet yours? I’m just barely coming up with their design so they really need to be expanded on 😅
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Awww cute!! I love the siblings (especially Cody 🥰)
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
With Dynamism, it will either be the same direction as the original object or the direction of the user’s choice. My decision will probably be based on balance. I would say Dynamism is probably the most powerful ability, so it might make sense to give it that limitation.
That makes sense, I would lean towards the limitation as well. It m…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Wow, that is a very interesting system. I think I get it, but that might be the most technical magic system I’ve ever seen. I like how it seems that you’re basically inventing your own science for your world.
Thanks! That is basically the idea, all conventional physics I threw out the window, not to be replaced by absurdity, but simpl…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Ok, now for yours, these sound like really fun magic systems! I can definitely see the Sandersonisms, but they’re still definitely their own thing.
The Crystal magic system reminds me a bit of my own, as it is about crystalline structures manipulating fundamental aspects of reality. I do have a question on Dynamism though, when kinetic…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
There we go.
- Load More
