@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The-Bad-Guys-With-No-Name Kinda Need A Name (just a little bit) in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Ooooo, names! I love names. (Though they can be a pain at times.)
First, do you need a name for an organization/governing body of bad guys or specific people?
Second, what name pool/culture does your country have? For instance, are they kinda English-ish like with names like Winston, Audrey, Henry, Elizabeth, Collin, John,…[Read more]
-
Pen_for_Christ205 started the topic The-Bad-Guys-With-No-Name Kinda Need A Name (just a little bit) in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Hey y’alls!
I have a problem and just thought of posting it here a few minutes ago.
Like the title says, my bad guys need a name.
Let me tell you a little about them.
My WIP book is set in a beautiful medieval land that is yet to be named (guess I’m not good with names).
My group of bad guys is a highly organized and sophisticated (and…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
I just read through these and they’re awesome! I love these characters and their friendship dynamic.
A little curious about what happens next…
Especially considering the foliage there….
And this really fascinating character development you have going on….
And how you have left us completely in the dark….
And the…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing a Native American character in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Um, I may be barging in here, but I know a little about Native American reservations and stuff.
Wether or not the native language is spoken depends highly on the tribe/area, but many are still active languages. Most states have several websites for the Native Nations in their state, which are very informative and helpful. Many n…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Civil War Novel Idea in the forum Historical 3 years, 9 months ago
Those are great!
-
Koshka replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
I understand about being ‘overly sensitive’, although I’m not sensitive in the same way. I pick up emotions around me, both from real life and characters. And I have quite a vivid imagination, which tends to not forget the images I read. I understand this, and am accordingly careful. I was also raised with a stricter idea of…[Read more]
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Published Authors? in the forum Publishing & Platform 3 years, 9 months ago
@felicity My pleasure!
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Published Authors? in the forum Publishing & Platform 3 years, 10 months ago
I can’t figure out her tag. That’s frustrating. I’ll have to look into that.
But here’s a direct link to my post on her blog, as well, so you don’t have to scroll down and find it.
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Published Authors? in the forum Publishing & Platform 3 years, 10 months ago
Got the tag wrong. @rachel-l? @rachel?
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Published Authors? in the forum Publishing & Platform 3 years, 10 months ago
I’ve self-published a standalone short story, two short story collections, and a novel. I prefer self-publishing, personally, for the freedom it provides and for the opportunity to work with my own choice of collaborators (editors, artists, etc.), but I would like to try traditional publishing down the road as well for the sake of…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 10 months ago
Interesting topic, and very important.
I don’t write or read anything I would call dark, or that feels off to me. (However, some of what I write could be done in a very sickening/graphic/dark way. I don’t want that, and I won’t read that, so I’ve thought about this quite a lot for many reasons.)
As humanity, there is a…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh! And I think you would be a Lore Wain.
- Throne Warden
- High King/Queen
- Song Maiden/Master
- and on are Lore Wain
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
I like the first book, but I can see how someone could be annoyed with it. The whole world took me by storm.
In fact, for me the hardest part in the series to read was between Artham’s capture and the Fork! Factory!. But that could have been from reading that part in the car… Yeah.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
I felt a little awful after reading the last book, but I love the end, really. Not the first time I read it through, oh no, not till I’d reread the last two chapters a half dozen times. And then wrote the next chapter with my sister. It helped to know what happens next, even if we wrote it ourselves.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years, 10 months ago
Wait! You’ve read Men of Iron too? I’m so thrilled to hear that! It is so, so good.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years, 10 months ago
@lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @koshka @starofthenorth
Oh! This discussion is great! XD I’ve only read the books too.
My favorite characters are, in order: Sam, Aragorn, Frodo, Pippin, Faramir, Merry, Legolas. (Insert long list of characters I can’t remember at the moment)
At least, I think that’s the order. It’s hard to decide. XD
Frodo is…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh, I understand. His first book is definitely not on the same level as his others. It’s more childlike and a little too obvious. I’m so glad you kept reading, though!
However, while I understand many of the flaws of the book, I like it all the same. It’s not at all as good as his others, and it’s not my favorite (which is currently…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years, 10 months ago
I believe Tolkien wrote Sam as the central protagonist in a book with many other MCs. Frodo and Sam are the two most important, and the hobbits are the focus characters. Other MCs are Pippin, Merry, Aragon, ect.
I actually wrote a research argument paper over this question for college. It was quite interesting to dig into.
Uh oh, I…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years, 10 months ago
Yes! I love Men of Iron! The characters are so beautifully complex, the settingis very well researched–one of the best of it’s time–, and the writing itself is just a joy to read.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do your characters tend to be more extraverted or introverted? in the forum Topic of the Week 3 years, 10 months ago
That is funny. I’m more of an introvert, but I am one of those who don’t mind people, and want one or two close friends. That bleeds over into my characters a lot. =|
- Load More
