@loopylin
Active 14 hours, 33 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3975
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
See, these are the same lines I’m thinking along. I think I’m going to just make him older. The only thing that would hurt would be giving Y’all whiplash after I said he was sixteen. lol.
As for the children and wife thing, I know that Timothy wasn’t married at the time, and he was an elder. (Timothy is kind of my Joseph…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Question about religion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 10 months ago
Check this out.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Aw, Barnes is trying to be the comforting grandmother to everyone!
@theshadow @whaley
Tenz&Reid
Tenz peeked out from where he hid his face, studying the pictures. Slowly, he unfolded himself, tenderly reaching out to grasp the packet. He studied the pictures much longer this time, looking up every once in a while with his blue…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 1 year, 10 months ago
Ah the way I gasped😭 that was perfect for what I’ve been planning for Dylan’s character arc 🤭
“…Love?” someone asked.
“Yes, my dear, delectable Dylan.”
And you’re such a good writer girl!! I love reading this!! 🤩
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I am the asker, lol. I’m just gauging interest in using a screenwriting format. 😛
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Has anyone tried writing a screenplay? Or wants to?
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Sometimes I can give a kid an ‘adult’ responsibility and they snap out of crying. I don’t know if that would work here, Rae, but she’s trying. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Barnes
“I was thinking we start down this corridor along the edge of the castle, and scour the place for clues and people,” Barnes told Percival.
The group waited a few minutes for Reid to calm his brother, who remained stubbornly curled up. He was still agitated.
Barnes was used to people who looked much younger than their…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Of course you can do whatever you want, I’m playing the other side’s advocate so you have balanced reasons for whatever you do.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
(also, anyone else who is reading this, what do you think?)
You have a very sensible writer voice, with hints of humor and warmth. I think because of your semi-calm tone, you don’t seem like the kind of person who would write a super intense POV scene of shame for Eric, at least not until the arc’s climax.
And from what I can…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Question about religion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 10 months ago
@theshadow well…..
I’m nowhere near even a novice theologian or pastor or whatnot, so I’m really not qualified to answer. But honestly, the same logic kinda applies to “why did God make humans if he knew they’d sin?”
believe me, I’ve had some “Why—just why—did you make that, God?” moments myself. But I’m just a lowly human being, who am I t…[Read more]
-
TheShadow started the topic Question about religion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 10 months ago
Hello, how’s everyone doing?
Question about God and Satan. Why did God make Satan if He knew Satan was going to rebel?
To explain a bit, I know there’s answers, I’m just not sure what. I know that God gives all His creatures a choice, and Satan chose to rebel, but I don’t understand why God would make Satan in the first place if He knew what wa…[Read more] -
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Idk,
what do you think, @linus-smallprint ?
I’m leaning toward making him older.
I mean, if he’s in the position of spiritual leader, he needs to be mature.
Hybridlore, pick three characters and put them in your signature, and give the rest back. Understand me? (Adrian doesn’t count because he’s dead. so there.)
lololol
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
I think so. Are you sure he couldn’t be a church leader at seventeenish, if he’s one of the only believers in that town?
If that’s what you’re leaning towards, then go for it. Maybe pray about it and think a little longer if it’s a hugeee chance, though.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
He’s going to try to answer that call for Church leaders that came from the town. The monumental things are how on earth he would even have a chance of getting out of the Capital with the lockdown. The minute he can get out, Joseph and whoever else would be off. So, to have the door open while he’s seventeen would be silly if he…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Why does he have to become an elder? I think (if I’m understanding this right) if the important things are happening while he is seventeen, that’s where you want to be. Maybe he can be a part of the inner core group of the church without being an elder, sort of getting mentored by everyone else.
However, you’re right. If all t…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Um, I want him to be redeemed. lol.
For this I want to see him reacting in shame. If this is a big deal, I need to see it as a big deal.
Like, what is the most shameful or embarrassing thing that ever happened to you? (Don’t actually answer that. lol) Think how it made you feel, and then put yourself in the woods with some…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Somebody help me!!!!!!! I’m going insane!!!!!!
Okay, not really, but I am stuck and I’m having one of those uninspiring days when words are just black spots on a white screen.
If that makes sense.
Ugh.
Okay, so I am going to do something very monumental in Joseph’s life………… except I’m stuck.
I d…[Read more]
- Load More
