@linus-smallprint
Active 1 month ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1293
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
@linus-smallprint bruh I guess not
on-slot
It’s actually spelled “onslaught.”
Also this new thing with Noah is very interesting! While I wouldn’t mind him dying if it furthered the plot, I honestly don’t think you should just kill him off for shock factor and “no one will ever know what happened because he’s…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years ago
@grcr @linus-smallprint @anyone-I’m-missing
Deadline to submit your drawing is Sunday!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years ago
Alan and his Old English cracked me up.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years ago
@linus-smallprint A little weird that the lyens would entrust the naming of their young to a species they think is inferior, but at least it makes sense now.
and yeah, judging from what I’ve seen on kentor names so far, Anamyth and Opitarus make sense too. I can’t tell on Iskyagus, but it seems like he should probably be a kentor as well, or some…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
It hasn’t been discouraging, as much as I was frustrated with myself because I felt like my writing ability was broken. I think Alcatraz has been messing with that.
Oh I am going to make him die just so that you never know what happened! That would drive reader’s insane!! That is such a good idea. I hadn’t thought of that!!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Oh my goodness. Thank you so much!!
I am so, so happy! I felt like I was doing what you said, but each time you told me to do it again, and it was one of those things that was just out of reach.
I ended up deleting what I had written for this section after I read it to see where it was going, and then I just went for it. I…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Righto.I should post as soon as I can after you or Keilah responds, so if you don’t get tagged I guess take a look.
Here is another LONG section!!!
Aaron straightened slowly at the sound of the whistle that called for the work day’s end. His shoulder’s ached horribly and his raw hands burned. The callouses cou…
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years ago
Sometimes, just describing other things they’re doing with their body language is helpful. For example, observing a conversation between my sisters that’s going on right now, I can see a lot of things they’re doing that don’t involve looking at one another:
- Blowing bubbles with gum
- Toying with the carpet
- Cupping their…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years ago
By the way, does anyone have any advice on writing things happening during a conversation? I need more things than ‘character1 looked at/glanced at/stared at/turned to/anything else involving looking at character2′.
Do they fidget or have any nervous habits?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years ago
Hmm, I like it!
Let’s see. How about nothing to do with the characters. Mention what’s going on around them. Someone shouted something, pans clattered, wind picked up, a bird chirped, children giggled. Etc. That might help.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle @linus-smallprint
The Monastery of Spinjitzu
will I never be rid of the influence of Lego ninjagoI’m joking btw, it’s not a bad Lego theme (I mean the TV show gets really dark sometimes but besides that, I’m talking about the theme itself)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years ago
@linus-smallprint ooh interesting! Alan is joining Stripe’s cause?
One question: What’s up with the names Cyrus, Anamynth, Iskyagus and Opitarus? Are these lyens? Kinda odd, because all the lyen names up to this point have been cat-related, and I can’t see any connections with these names.
also I have literally no idea how to go about a…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years ago
@linus-smallprint LOLLLLLL
you missed Mexico and New Zealand though.
Now, if those two countries happen to be underwater when Canada undertakes its conquest, then I can’t say I blame you.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years ago
Okay, now I’m starting to believe that sign.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years ago
I literally saw this on my way home from work. I could not restrain myself. Sorry Linus.

-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Yay! The tag worked!
I am curious what this hat looks like. Is this one of those flat hats, with a brim that goes over the eyes?
I’m not sure. This is what it looks like:

Is this the first time you have left Aaron’s perspective?
Yessssss………. but I was thinking about doing it in the next section and wanted to do it m…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years ago
Haha!!! I have No idea what you are talking about. It’s not like I’m driving and my dad says, “Turn left” so I hold up my hands just to make sure which way is left………………..
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
The next morning, Aaron was so sore he could hardly walk. He staggered downstairs and found Alicia in the kitchen, fixing breakfast. Sabina was upstairs getting the little children dressed. Alicia looked up when Aaron entered. “Good morning, Aaron.” She nodded toward the table. “Sabina left that for you.”
Aaron walked…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Sure thing!
- Load More
