@linus-smallprint
Active 1 month ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1293
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
It’s tipping down so the tail will hit the ground first. He was trying to go up to escape the shelling but he wasn’t fast enough. it’ll start flipping as it goes down, but for now the engine killed and it’s falling.
does that make sense?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
(In other words, is he trying to be disciplined in fighting his worry, but forgetting to be dependant on God to help him (which seems quite likely since he is struggling with doubt itself))
100% Yes.
I know I’m not much of a romance guy, but even I wanted to see this in developed scenes instead of a summary. I want to see t…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Nah, just call him Alan. That’s his name after all. I mean, people don’t refer to you as “The Canadian” or “The guy with the wired way of measuring fences” or, “The guy with a part time job” lol.
They call you Justin, or Linus. those are your names/nicknames/online-names. but they are still your names.
Just call him Alan.
I…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
OK, I’m back. new section, and would really love feedback on this because It’s still in a stage where I would be wil;ling to change or tweak things.
It was a long week of prayer before Aaron spoke to Sabina about the idea of marriage. Sabina was very surprised, but Aaron had never seen her so joyfully since her…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Here’s one I did for one of my books. This is Even, my pilot. He’s not having a great day at the moment. But I sure love the angle!!!

-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Quote Archive in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
“Real men don’t use sprinkles.”-my brother
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Quote Archive in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
-
FIREQUACKER started the topic Mini Adventure Ideas? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 1 month ago
One of my WIPs is about a duck who wants to see the world, or at least part of it. Each chapter is a single adventure. Chapter One, in which Linda raids Walmart, can be found here: https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/contemporary-duck-wip-the-chronicles-of-linda-rose/
Anyway, I’m stuck on ideas. Does anyone have any mini adventure ideas for a…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
I liked this!! I don’t know if I mentioned this yet, but when you refer to Alan as “the soldier” it kinda throws me, especially since 1) he has a name that we know, and 2) this is something you kinda just started.
other then that, no complaints.
(I notice you use a lot of British spellings. I’m guessing that’s Canadian?…[Read more] -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
ack!! My old nemeses— facial hair! I can never do it right! It always ends up looking like charcoal smears.
I’ll try, but I’m gonna murder this fella’s face!
yeah, we’ve been doing two weeks.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Discernment in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
well, I don’t think this is going to be a one-size-fits-all-easy-answer. However, I’m willing to share what I do.
so, I get said idea wether it be plot, character, or scene. From there I write it down in a special journal specifically for this purpose. Then, I pray about it. I ask God to guide me and speak through my writing. I ask…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@savannah_grace2009
@whalekeeper
@keilah-him glad we’re all on the same page now.
I agree that you can’t pin marriage to an age. Marriage comes in God’s timing. However, I believe Aaron and Sabina are ready. Yes, they share affection, and they also have been seeing each other day in and day out for a year or more! Knowing someone so well like…[Read more] -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I never meant to say that I didn’t approve of young marriage! I meant that I think it shouldn’t be taken lightly. I agree with Whaley that it is not a sin, it just needs to be well thought out.
Young age does NOT cause divorce. I meant to say that if you are married young on impulse and you didn’t think it through, then it’s…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@keilah-h @savannah_grace2009 @whalekeeper
ok, to start off, I am eighteen. I have already received, (or rather my dad received) a request to court me from a young man. This didn’t go anywhere for reasons I don’t feel like I needed to share. However, age has nothing to do with it.
To continue, twelve was the marrying age of medieval girls who…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
well, I have a weakness for Norse styles of music, clothing, art, ships, customs, weapons, and warfare. god of war certainly has some strong Norse leanings and so I like it a lot.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The mailbox! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
If you’ve picked a character now, you can start. If not, I’ll write later this week. 🙂
-
FIREQUACKER posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
Our church is 10 years old today!🥳🥳🥳
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@keilah-h @rae @theshadow @princesachronicle22 @kyronthearcanin
Natalie
This was a couples thing? There had to be a mistake. Natalie looked at Bob. His look of horror mirrored the look she felt etched on to her face.
“Her Majesty is the last duck I would ever date,” said Bob firmly.
Surely she wasn’t that bad. Natalie glared at him. “You’r…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. But I didn’t want to ignore what was said. I felt it was better to point out, instead of ignoring it. I’ve had conversations with multiple people from different backgrounds, and we tend to leave with more perspective than when we came. That was part of my intention, but I guess many people don’t have the…
- Load More
