-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings, my fellow squires and knights of the pen! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
I can’t believe I missed this!!!! Aauuuugggghhhh!!
Anyway, here I am. Hello and welcome, @TheLiteraryCrusader. This is a beautiful, wonderful, magnificent, inspiring, friendly, cheerful*coughcough* Okay, enough with the adjectives. This is an awesome place and I’m thrilled that you’re going to be a part of it. Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@Hope I’m with @Daeus… I like the longer one better because it connects me to E better, but the second one is much more concise. *shrugs* I honestly can’t choose between them. And I think you could probably do away with the bolded words altogether— the blurb is most effective as a peep into the MC’s life, as the MC’s life (very rightfully) is…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ha! That’s a clever prescription. I can’t believe I didn’t think of it. *Smacks head*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@christi-eaton *sniffle* Yeah, I guess I can reverse my suicide now.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@overcomer How’d you do? I did some editing on a chapter that was 1,668 words.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@overcomer *Joins*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@overcomer Um, yes. Daeus thinks he can do that. Just give him five and he’ll be ready, then till 4.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Eh… dear dear @Daeus. Couldn’t you at least have used poison? It’s so much more Monte Cristo-ish. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
No, it was suicide.
Emojis courtesy of imessage.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*clears throat primly* Excuse me sir, was that a death threat?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*shakes head in disbelief* It’s OKAY, @DAEUS!!! I didn’t say I didn’t love TCoMC! I do! And it’s extremely close, anyway. The one thing that tipped the scales in Les Mis’s favor was completely random and nobody’s fault— I personally happen to like character stories more than I like gripping action. That’s all. 😀
Where do you FIND those…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Christi-Eaton well, Madame Thenardier should be easy anyway. All you have to do is throw things. 😀
Thanks anyway @Aratrea— and definitely read Les Mis. Don’t tell @Daeus, but I like it better than The Count of Monte Cristo and that’s saying a lot. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope I’m much more attracted by the first one, though you did a good job of condensing in the second one. What I loved about the first one (I seriously want to read this thing now) was how personal it was. It really gave me a connection with the character. Mainly, that was because of the first paragraph you left out in your second version.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope
So, when does thing get published? 🙂 I love the idea of having a jester’s apprentice!
Just a few things; I like the second better. It is shorter and with less information, it makes me want to find out what happens.
Also, perhaps the prophecy could be on the first page of the book along with the bold. That way, it’s what the reader sees…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope
So, when does thing get published? 🙂 I love the idea of having a jester’s apprentice!
Just a few things, I like the second better. It is shorter and with less information, it makes me want to find out what happens.
Also, perhaps the prophecy could be on the first page of the book along with the bold. That way, it’s what the reader sees…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade
@kate-flournoy is not the only dragon on Kingdom. I am Dragon Snapper, (not a snapping dragon, btw) and I like mangoes. I know that Kate has a dragon pic, and I used to, but I changed it to a beautiful picture of some sort of pine tree.
I love LOTR and Narnia as well…but what is this Kingdom series you speak of? Pray tell, who…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade
@kate-flournoy is not the only dragon on Kingdom. I am Dragon Snapper, (not a snapping dragon, btw) and I like mangoes. I know that Kate has a dragon pic, and I used to, but I changed it to a beautiful picture of some sort of pine.
I love LOTR and Narnia as well…but what is this Kingdom series you speak of? Pray tell, who is…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi Anne *waves*
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oops. Sorry, I forgot about you. *Gasp. Hand over mouth* Um… kinda hard to judge. A lot of little edits.
- Load More
