-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Evil Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
Anne!!!! You came to KP!!! Oh my goodness why did you have to do it while I was on vacation I haven’t properly welcomed you and this is terrible oh dear!!
So first of all— WELCOME TO KINGDOM PEN, @ANNE-OF-LOTHLORIEN!!Yes. So now that that’s out of the way… I really like your poem. I agree with the comments about the rhythm— it does seem to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Structure and Character Arcs in the forum Characters 10 years ago
Ooh, such a lovely topic! @Mark-Kamibaya thanks for starting it. I missed it initially because I’m on vacation and wifi is spotty, but you may rest assured I have not abandoned the forum. 😉
As for my favorite structure/arc… well, it really depends. I don’t think I have an absolute favorite. The two I primarily use are Hero’s Journey and…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
dragon-snapper *salutes*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@daeus I’m going to go now. I wrote 160 words to one story and 138 on another. Thanks!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay *waves farewell back* See ya around.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay, well you’re probably done by now, but I’m gonna do some beta reading till nine anyways.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Story book world-HELP! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
Here are all the fairy tales I can think of:
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Snow White
Rapunzel
The Snow Queen (the original version of FROZEN before Disney)
Beauty and the Beast
Pinocchio
Hansel and Gretel
Thumbelina and Tom ThumbI know there are more, but not the basic ones. Wikipedia has a List of Fairy Tales page.
@bluejay -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Outlines in the forum Characters 10 years ago
Thank you, @mark-kamibaya! That was very helpful; same to you, @jess. By family, I mean who are their parents, what happened to the parents and what significance are the parents to the character and the story, and does the character have any siblings?
Jess, That has been added to the list! Thank you! -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Outlines in the forum Characters 10 years ago
Thank you, @mark-kimbaya! That was very helpful; same to you, @jess. By family, I mean who are their parents, what happened to the parents and what significance are the parents to the character and the story, and does the character have any siblings?
Jess, That has been added to the list! Thank you! -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Outlines in the forum Characters 10 years ago
Thank you, @mark-kimbaya! That was very helpful; same to you, @jess. By family, I mean who are their parents, what happened to the parents and what significance are the parents to the character and the story, and does the character have any siblings?
Jess, That has been added to the list! Thank you! -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h I think I might be able to join you for a little bit if you’re still available.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Structure and Character Arcs in the forum Characters 10 years ago
I’ve only really studied K.M’s system actually. I like it because it’s fairly simple (once you get to understand it), the plot points make it easy to lay out the pacing for a novel, it is easily tweaked to fit any of the three character arcs, it corresponds directly to the character arc itself, and I’ve been able to observe it in…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Evil Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I do like it, though I think it could use some polishing. For one thing, some of the lines sound too every-day-speechy (e.g. “they don’t fear me”). One of the most important things in poetry is to say things in a way people don’t expect, especially by using metaphors.
One thing that really stuck out to me is that I’d like the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Story book world-HELP! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@bluejay Oh, it sounded like you had chosen beauty and the beast. Are there going to be others too? Unfortunately, I can’t be much help even though I do really like chocolate. I’m simply not much of a fairy tale person.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Story book world-HELP! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
Maybe everyone has doubles of themselves and that they can see. The first group of people are following their ‘act’s then the second group of people is delayed in what they are doing.
@bluejay -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ooh, wifi on vacation! Yessss…
*ahem* You’re quite welcome, @Sarah-H. 😀 As I see it, the only purpose of debate is to discuss and discover truth, and anything besides firm respect and consideration is, at the very least, completely unnecessary. I do my best to live by that rule.
And good for your brother he’s willing to stand up and defend…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic I Have Arrived! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien
… … … *deep snoring from dark cave* … … …
*dragon finally wakes up from long nap amongst hoards of gold* Good Evening, friend. *yawns* You could perhaps call it a Fire Tongue, it sounds very cool and I was wondering, is it made out of gold perchance? It is quite easy to be hurt with such weapons. Alas, you are…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic I Have Arrived! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien
… … … *deep snoring from dark cave* … … …
*dragon finally wakes up from long nap amongst hoards of gold* Good Evening, friend. *yawns* You better watch yourself with that fiery dagger thingy of yours, which could only be called the Fire Tongue. It is quite easy to be hurt with such weapons. Alas, you are one of…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic I Have Arrived! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Welcome to the most dangerous society yet. Can you tell us about your WIP?
Btw, I like Indiana too. It’s pretty similar to Ohio.
- Load More
