I Have Arrived!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE I Have Arrived!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien
      • Total Posts: 440

*Jumps into the room in a swirl of cape and dagger*
      I have arrived! *wild applause* *bows* My name is Anne of Lothlorien, younger sister to the famous Isaac Smith of the video contests. (BTW He won, thank you to all who voted) HopeAnn and Corissa have been telling me about this, soooooo I have finally made it.
      I shall sum up myself in one sentence. Homeschooled-short-dorky-fourteen-year-old-jesus-and-roller-coaster-loving-writing-freak. There. I live in Indiana (best state in the whole United States of America *glares at Daeus*) with my mom, dad, three brothers, and two sisters. I have been writing since I was six. I love cookie dough, roller coasters, (see above) getting mail, books (favorites – LOTR, Hobbit, The Mysterious Benedict Society Series, and the Kingdom books, and the Knights of Arrethtrae books), writing, cool weapons, and other things. I would also like to travel to Scotland and Australia. And… *lowers voice to dramatic whisper* I am about to tell you my biggest secret because I am honored to come to the Kingdom Pen forum. I travel to London often for various purposes which include the following. I am in Robin Hood’s Merry Band, (Since Ellen, Allan A-Dale’s wife, and I are the only girls in the forest, we have a swell time of it) I am in the League of the Scarlet Pimpernel, (can’t tell you anything about that, aristocratic lives depend on it) and I am also one of the Street Arabs, or gutter children, or whatever you prefer to call them, that Sherlock Holmes, Jason Whittacker, Edmund Burkes, and other people of notable name refer to on occasion. Let me tell you, if you want something done in England, get the street children to do it. We see everything, go everywhere, and never forget what we hear.
      So I lead a very secretive life. Sometimes it’s trying being in three, (and more unmentioned) valiant and mysterious bands at once, but the thrill of disguises, sneaking, spying, secret messages, archery, outsmarting and fighting are just too much to give it up. Edmon, the fifteen year old boy I have my adventures with, (he’s not in the League of the Scarlet Pimpernel yet, so don’t twit him about it if you meet him) says I’m crazy, but I’m used to it. Being crazy that is. So it doesn’t bother me much.
      But remember, never repeat what you have heard here. If the Sheriff, or Chauvelon, or Mr. Grout got wind of it, I’d have a difficult time escaping. I would escape, mind you, but it’d be tougher than normal.
      So there you have it. I am Anne of Lothlorien, the Secret Lady of England. By the way, I have this weapon I want to ask you about. It is a dagger, but I can retract it into the blade, where it’s soaked in oil. It’s made of a special metal, so when I flick it back out, I can set the blade on fire. But what should I call it? The Flame Dagger? Fire Knife? Flame Knife? Fire Dagger? Any suggestions?
      Aaaaaaaand that’s about it. Have fun seeing who can welcome me first. A totally understandable but totally weird competition. Is this the bestiest place on earth, or the bestestiest? And Daeus, could I pretty please have some ice cream? Cookies and Cream is one of my favorites. 🙂

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Corissa Maiden of Praise
      @corissa-maiden-of-praise
        • Total Posts: 256

WELCOME TO THE BESTESTIEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!!! 😀

Yay! You’re here! 😀 😀

But watch out. There’s been a lot of dying on here lately. I barely escaped by simply not logging in on “the day of death.” 😉 Although I haven’t fared so well over on @writefury’s website. 🙂

Hmmm… How about… Dagger of Flame? I don’t know. The Swirling Blade of Fiery Terror? 😀

@anne-of-lothlorien

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Anne of Lothlorien
        @anne-of-lothlorien

Yah, I just missed dying too. That’s why I asked for a special order of ice cream. Anybody here who hasn’t read Blank Mastermind, go to @writefury’s website and starting at part one, read the best serial story I have ever read.
          Ha ha for the second name. I was actually thinking more of The Flamingly Sharp Sparkling Blade of Heralding Darkness. And Congrats for winning.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Corissa Maiden of Praise
          @corissa-maiden-of-praise
            • Total Posts: 256

@anne-of-lothlorien Or, simply, the Blade of Surprise. 😀

Hey, @kate-flournoy, this is your territory. *runs all over the internet looking for you* *drags you over here* 😉

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Hi @anne-of-lothlorien,

Welcome to the most dangerous society yet. Can you tell us about your WIP?

Btw, I like Indiana too. It’s pretty similar to Ohio.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

@anne-of-lothlorien
                … … … *deep snoring from dark cave* … … …
                *dragon finally wakes up from long nap amongst hoards of gold* Good Evening, friend. *yawns* You could perhaps call it a Fire Tongue, it sounds very cool and I was wondering, is it made out of gold perchance? It is quite easy to be hurt with such weapons. Alas, you are one of the KeePers now, and I will decide to trust you and your street friends in Nottingham to get me more gold. Rob the rich to give to the Dragon, as I always say. ;D Nottingham, that has a nice ring to it. Perhaps I shall pay it a visit someday. The day I decide to stop pestering the dwarves, or the day the lake-people stop knocking on my door to see if I’m alive. They always get a definite answer.
                Anyways, whenever you get the chance, allow me to look at your Fire Tongue dagger and we can talk about Robin Hood and his Merry (and sometimes not-so-merry) Men (not excluding you and Ellen)
                I welcome you to the land of the pen-
                -Dragon Snapper-

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

BlueJay
                @bluejay
                  • Total Posts: 1622

@anne-of-lothlorien Welcome to the bestestist….oh…I’ve been better. Different time zones are no fun. *pouts* Hey if you visit Australia some day, you can visit with me. 🙂
                  Congratulations to Issac. (I stop motion too)
                  The Hobbit, Mysterious Benedict Society, Kingdom Series and Knights of Arrethtrae…nice choices. 🙂
                  *reads posts from you again*
                  Wait!?!? What?? *tries to figure out if it is real or that you are a very good writer with a great imagination* (I’m terrible at deciding what is real and what is not) 😛
                  *considers own life* Very dull compared to yours. *sigh*
                  *ducks blade of death* It is not the day of death today, Anne. *A name for it?* Let’s see….Well, I liked Dragon-snapper’s Fire Tongue. If I think of anything better, I’ll let you know. 😉

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by BlueJay.
                  Hope Ann
                  @hope
                    • Total Posts: 1092

@anne-of-lothlorien Welcome! The foot soldier has appeared at last. What is your excuse for the delay? *smirks*

Joy says you should call it a fire knife, and then whenever someone says ‘beware my fire knife’ everyone else can just stare at them like really?

I’m another lucky survivor from the day of death. Actually, I was up sitting on my castle roof, chuckling at all the panic going on below.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Hope Ann
                    @hope

I do like The Flamingly Sharp Sparkling Blade of Heralding Darkness. That’s right up there with – correct me if I get it wrong – Squishy the Invisible Nazi Killer from Quebec. 😀 😀 😀

Jess
                      @jess
                        • Total Posts: 575

Well, @anne-of-lothlorien, I’m late.

We have a lot in common!

Homeschooled-short-dorky-fourteen-year-old-jesus-and-roller-coaster-loving-writing-freak. There.

I also am homeschooled, but am rather on the tall side. Since you love roller coasters, do you like other high things? I like rock climbing and doing high ropes courses. I live a secret life in a certain fantasy land which I created, and I write about my experiences there in a form of character. To the point where people think I’m crazy. (or is that true for all writers…) What is your WIP (work in progress, if you didn’t already know 🙂 )Anyhoo, welcome the the bestestiest place on the web!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jess.
                        Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h
                          • Total Posts: 669

@anne-of-lothlorien You’re in the League of the Scarlet Pimpernel too?!? It’s a wonder we haven’t met before. Though, if truth be told, I spend most of my adventures deep undersea with a certain nameless submarine captain. 🙂 And Robin Hood…have you ever read Robin’s Country? That is my absolute favorite version of Robin Hood, although it’s far too short. What’s your favorite version of Robin Hood? There are so many. I like the one put out by Penguin Classics, but my little brother insists that the one by Howard Pyle is better. Pardon my rant, but it’s been so long since I’ve read Robin Hood. I miss him…
                          Anyway, Hi! I’m homeschooled too. 🙂 I hope you have lots of fun on KP. 🙂

Anne of Lothlorien
                          @anne-of-lothlorien

@Daeus – Thank you, and it is very similar. I was actually in Ohio for three weeks in July helping my aunt. Could I have that ice cream? I haven’t had any in two days!

@Dragon Snapper – I might have a spare crown or necklace or two I could give you. Though Robin prefers giving the gold to the poor and ailing, not dragons. But I might be able to wheedle it out of him with my lethal charm.
                            And no, my weapon is not made of gold. I think I’ll call it Flame Tongue.

@BlueJay
                            – Unfortunately, Flame Tongue and the travel and Robin, the Scarlet Pimpernel, and all that isn’t real, but don’t tell me or I might believe it. And I would LOVE to come visit you. Have you ever seen a wild kangaroo?

@Hope
                            Ann – My excuse is trouble setting up an email account and not finding my password in my spam box. And yes, that is… was Squishy’s full name, God rest his poor soul.*wipes away tears*

@Jess
                            – Yes, I do love high things too. I love flying, I’ve never been rock climbing, and I want to bungee jump, parasail, and sky dive. And my uncle took my brother and I on a zip-line course in Ohio. Daeus, you guys have some pretty awesome zip-lining places! Ten zips and five sky bridges and a load-lower at the end!

@ Sarah Hoven – I fancy my work as a yeo-woman and a Street Arab rather take away from the time I spend in Scarlet Pimpernel’s company. *sigh* Ah well, all in the name of chivalry. I’ve never read Robin’s Country. I honestly don’t know which versions that I’ve read, but I’ve read two. In one of them, there is no mention of Maid Marian at all… she was added to the legend later.

And… all of you incase you thought I forgot, my current WIP is called Dawn. It’s Christian fantasy, and part of a three book possibly four book series called I don’t know what yet. The main character, Catlin, is 17 and after her parents are killed in a raid, and her little brother and brother in law are carried off, she gets abducted by I-Can’t-Tell-You and learns a shocking secret about the man the people call Lord Xenos. It’s currently out to my beta-readers who should hopefully give me some good feedback *stares at Hope and Corissa*, so I hope it will be finished by Christmas.
                            And I have another fairy tale work in process called The Prince, The Apple, and The Tower. It’s about a 20 year old guy named Adam who just learned that he was the prince, given up at birth to uphold a royal tradition, and now has to adjust to life at the castle, but he is currently being chased by a rather large wolf named Crow, in a came of CATCH – Chase After The Cowering Human. 🙂 It’s a very humorous book, basically a conglomeration of a bunch of different fairy tale elements and then mixed up with my own personal touches. That one is currently on the line though, because my laptop is crashed and if I can’t save the data, I’ll lose all of it!
                            Sooo… that’s me, my books, and stuff. I will usually only comment on Mondays because that’s when we have access to the internet at the library, but I might be able to comment from now until Thursday because my two brothers and I are going down to Indi to help another of my aunts move, so she might have Wi-Fi there. So… *swish of cape, flash of steel, arch of the eyebrow* farewell till then, comrades!

Hope Ann
                            @hope

@anne-of-lothlorien Hey, I’m going to start it tomorrow. 😉 I’ve been…busy. Lots of stuff. Life. You know how it goes. I won’t have it by this Sunday, but I’m hoping to have it ready by the next time we’re at church. *crosses fingers*

BlueJay
                              @bluejay
                                • Total Posts: 1622

in a game of CATCH – Chase After The Cowering Human

@anne-of-lothlorien
                                That’s so funny. *reads about laptop* **FAINTS** I managed to drop mine and it didn’t like it. But before that I had to take it in to repairs cause the DVD player wasn’t working. And I was trying to get Chuck Black’s movie entry done. 🙂 So I feel for you. 🙁

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by BlueJay.
                                Sarah Hoven
                                @sarah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 669

@anne-of-lothlorien Which book in the Scarlet Pimpernel series is your favorite?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >