-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcomer Yep. I’ll be writing that as soon as I can get the time away from editing my other works.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Overcomer Wrote three chapters out of intended five. Not much, but I’ve been doing a lot of editing and that’s been coming along pretty well. I think I also rewrote my novelette.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
*best creepy Cheshire cat grin* Oh, you can’t help that. We’re all mad here.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Overcomer *hem* @Dragon-Snapper is a she. 😛
My summer… eh… it went okay. I never did get around to the Snow White novella, and I’m still editing my WIP… but I’m actually pretty happy with what I’ve accomplished, especially considering summer is the busiest time of year for our family. I’m confident that my WIP is actually going to be…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Workshopping/Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
On second thought, @ZCPeterson, the last line would probably be better as
The realms He holds safe in the palms of His hands. 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@ZCPeterson welcome! Another poet! We can always use more poets around here. The world can never have enough of poetry. 😉
And don’t worry; most of the forumers were stalkers long before they ever actually got involved. *winks* I think that’s because most writers are introverts. *grins*
So glad to be able to welcome you to the… uh… um… the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Workshopping/Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@zcpeterson first of all, I really love this poem. I love the idea of building a poem off a piece of scripture, and you executed it very well. I may have to try this… 😀
The only thing that really needs work is what @Daeus said about the meter. For instance, take the first verse:
Who among you can number the stars
Who can count every small… -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What is an assonance? in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien…
*ahem* First of all, your quote should have been:
‘”It’s an assonance.”
“What’s an…”
“Oh for pity’s sake don’t ask him what an ass-y-thingamy is! He’s only longing to be asked. Say nothing and perhaps he’ll go away.”‘And then…
‘Most boys at this would have either flared up or gone out, but Eustace did neither. He just…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Workshopping/Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@zcpeterson My general impression is that it could use a consistent meter.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
@julia-r The only way I think you can do it is with a link. Do you (or someone in your family) have a social media account or a website?
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Is Your Birthday? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Well, since Facebook already knows these things, I may as well reveal to you all that I’m 18. Birthday is May 26. Enjoy your knowledge of these top not so secret things.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Is Your Birthday? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I’m seventeen and my birthday is March 24. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Actually, it never even crossed my mind that she learned it way too fast. Maybe it would have peeved me if I had thought of it, but since I didn’t, I guess I’ll just imagine I’m still innocent and remain content.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Aha! I was wondering when you’d show up. (moderators notice stalkers). Glad you finally poked your head above water. Drowning certainly isn’t recommended.
There’s lots of stuff to do on the forum. For instance…
If you make a big writing discovery, share it so we can all know about it too
Brainstorm with others about your story…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic What Is Your Birthday? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’ll fill in for you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Will do.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Shh, It's a surprise birthday party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@anne-swiftblade Happy Birthday!!!
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Tale From Two Views in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@bluejay Seems like you did a pretty good job with the huge limitations of trying to fit all those words in there. One thing to note is that the lines:
“His words must be erroneously
They definitely weren’t symmetrically”
are not grammatically correct because of their -ly endings.As far as improvement, because of your limitations, I think your b…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@ClaireC with pleasure. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Claire-C with pleasure. 🙂
- Load More
