-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*covers face with hands* @Daeus please.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Woe is me, my friends and country. Kate is ordering me around.
*shuffles off to obey*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus LOVE IT!!!!!! XD XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
For some strange reason (probably due to the fact I lack the intellect of the writer mentioned below), I’m actually posting this weird opening that passed through my mind.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a writer in possession of a good intellect, in his best times or in his worst times, will begin his novel with, “On a dark and…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Bluejay Huh. Mostest interesting. I don’t hate John Wayne, it’s just that he always plays himself, so it gets kind of old. Nice, a happy ending. That’s gotta count for something. 😀
Um…a crack-shot, maybe?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
And I’m gonna read the one you sent Kate. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus send it to me.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@christi-eaton Thanks. I’d love your input.
Now it looks like I’ve failed to hoard your email address among all the others, so if you want to send it to me, the securest way is through this contact form I have: http://www.thescratchingquill.com/contact/
-
Daeus replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper *waves talonless hand passively* Good. Good. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Ah, it’s fine. *waves talons passively* Sarcasm is found in many forms, (as everyone who’s read Ranger’ Apprentice knows: thanks Halt) No need to explain. 🙂 😀 (dragons understand people quite well, actually) 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Ah, it’s fine. Sarcasm is found in many forms, (as everyone who’s read Ranger’ Apprentice knows: thanks Halt) No need to explain. (dragons understand people quite well, actually) 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h @anyone-else I’ve got the article ready if you want to look at it.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Well, twue. Yeah. Twue. But I still like the relationships.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy well yeah, but Kili as a character could have been better done even without the Tauriel fiasco. :/
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I haven’t either. Is it good even though he died?
But guys, even though they ruined Kili in the movie with Tauriel, they did deepen his relationship with Thorin and Fili and Bilbo!! Doesn’t that count for something? I love that aspect, even though it wasn’t in the book. Doesn’t anyone else think so?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I Need a Title in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper I think @Daeus meant it as a reference to that song. 🙂
@Anne-of-Lothlorien, I think that would be a really good one, with “I’ll Fly Away” being the song the boy sings.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Yep, British period dramas (but not Pride and Prejudice and the Zombies. 😀 ) Have you seen any? I’d definitely recommend North and South, though if you’re a sci-fi geek that might not be your sort of thing. 😛
Yeah, you’re right; I shouldn’t have lumped characters and dialogue into completely separate categories. Dialogue does come…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper My peculiar sense of sarcasm is not limited to rules or sensibility. If you’d like an explanation, there’s this article I stumbled upon about Elizabeth Bennett that freaks me out with its parallelism. (first section only important part) https://mbtifiction.com/2014/10/01/elisabeth-bennett-enfj/
-
Daeus replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@draon-snapper My peculiar sense of sarcasm is not limited to rules or sensibility. If you’d like an explanation, there’s this article I stumbled upon about Elizabeth Bennett that freaks me out with its parallelism. (first section only important part) https://mbtifiction.com/2014/10/01/elisabeth-bennett-enfj/
-
Snapper replied to the topic I Need a Title in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ll Fly Away sounds like the song…anyone know what I’m talking about? 🙂
- Load More
