-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Definitely human. I feel that they can be more complex and rounded that way, not just an average badguy.
And about your lunch, that is hilarious! Although it’s probably not something I would do, it’s still funny. I’d probably say something snappy (hence Dragon Snapper). And yes, I did ask the question, and I can hardly write…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Definitely human. I feel that they can be more complex and rounded that way, not just an average badguy.
And about your lunch, that is hilarious! Although it’s probably not something I would do, it’s still funny. I’d probably say something snappy (hence Dragon Snapper). And yes, I did ask the question, and I can hardly write…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Also please tell me I’m not the only person who enjoys waving at people in other cars while we drive, or smiling up at the drivers of the big semis when they stare down at our huge van in astonishment…
@Kate-Flournoy Nope. You isn’t. 😀 😛
Isn’t it so fun when you can get them to smile back, guys?@Anne-of-Lothlorien I don’t write books—I rea…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I tend to write the more human, complex villains and I’m moving even more in that direction.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien human, definitely. They’re so much more interesting.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Ha! That’s awesome!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus yes, I can see how that would be awful. 😛 I guess it would be truer to say it motivates me to pay better attention and not just drift off into aimless dreaming, because then I might miss something.
And that is hilarious. You probably are a road hazard, but if you are we can be road hazards together because I do the same thing. Once I…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yeah, I guess writing is almost a bible study tool. I’m not sure it helps me concentrate though. I’m likely to be distracted memorizing my ideas so that I won’t forget them. It was really bad when I got the first two lines of my “On I comes a Dwappaling” poem strike me out of nowhere during a sermon and I kept repeating them to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Bluejay wha—??? BUT THEY’RE MY IDEAS!!! *selfishly hoards them all*
Okay, okay… I’ll keep you in mind, Tessa. 😉 Carry a notebook with you though. Seriously. I’ve passed someone on the street before, been struck by the look in their eyes, and within five minutes had a complete character profile sketched out in my head.
Also please tell me…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus ME TOO!! I didn’t think anybody else did that. 😛 Listening to a sermon has become practically hazardous for me now. I’ll get home and furiously race to scribble references and notes and possible foils and different thematic scenarios in my notebook.
And that has at least two other positives, completely aside from writing— it makes me…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sarah-H Don’t worry, I’m not planning to start a huge argument. 😀 But may I ask, why don’t you consider Trump evil and corrupt if you know he’s led an ungodly life and is worldly?
Also what do you take to mean he’s pro-Christian? I know he’s said things that sound like it, but he’s also said he’s never asked God for forgiveness, and that he…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
Awww…so sweet. 😀
I really need to read those books someday. Do you think they’d be in a small town library? *small sigh because I most likely know the answer*Oh and I remembered the gang member I was thinking of earlier—Chris. Does he have any part to play? I don’t know that much about him.
By the way, I love nearer the front of the story…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
Awww…so sweet. 😀
I really need to read those books someday. Do you think they’d be in a small town library? *small sigh because I most likely know the answer*Oh and I remembered the gang member I was thinking of earlier—Chris. Does he have any part to play? I don’t know that much about him.
By the way, I love nearer the front of the story…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk I actually get most of my writing ideas from sermons. I tend to approach my stories by starting out with a very basic plot idea and then filling in the rest of it by coming at it from a thematic viewpoint. Sermons being filled with heaps of good thematic material, I tend to come away with lots of plot ideas.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@mark-kamibaya @michael-stanton
I suppose it would be helpful to a degree. I think the disadvantages would outweigh those however. For one, a person may be super helpful with ten subjects, but not with five and so they would get tagged for stuff they don’t know much about. Also, people would use it too often. Especially considering that the most…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal's profile was updated 9 years, 11 months ago
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper My trusty bow is with me at all times, protecting me from topics that might addle the brain, or dragons that may seek to melt my chair or phone.
@writefury I have a habit of making obscure references from my book that even my family doesn’t get because I think I’ve written it, but I really haven’t…they sometimes think I’ve lost…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’m afraid I haven’t had that problem, or whatever you want to call that. I really only talk to my stuff, and other people. My conversations are with my things. Its a good thing they never talk back, though, because that could get interesting.
@writefury Well, my writing is littered with it, though I can use a sentence every…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Thanks guys.
@Anna-Brie Will do. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
@Writefury I can definitely see the Horatio in Dallas, but Dallas is sweeter. I love it that way. 😀
I don’t know any of those other characters, except Hiccup, from awhile ago.
Why did you decide to make a sidekick this way, instead of just hilarious? It’s so nice. 😀 Though we’ve never actually seen him doing sidekick business, with his hero, so…[Read more] - Load More
