-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien YES. So much yes.
And my search history… guys… I’m probably on an FBI watch-list or something. I’ve researched a lot of medical stuff (everything from cholera to bullet-wounds to branding-burns) but mostly its stuff like poison… and explosives… and a lot of other stuff I probably won’t ever use because I write…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Yeah, that says a lot.
You know you’re a writer when you have a bottle of pixie dust. (AKA sparkles in a plastic bottle)
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien @Ethryndal The Scarlet Pimpernel!! You both officially have incredible taste for that. How many of the books have you read? I haven’t read all of them, but I seriously want to and I loved most of those I have read. Have you at least read the original Scarlet Pimpernel, The Elusive Pimpernel, and Eldorado? Which is your favorite?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I shall return more in depth later cuz I’m in a rush, but if you learn well by studying the work of other authors READ LADDIE BY GENE STRATTON PORTER. The story is told from the POV of the protagonist’s younger sister, and Gene Stratton Porter absolutely nailed the perspective of a ten-year-old girl.
I shall return. *vanishes…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien His name is Thranduil, but I probably just made you faint at the sound of Legolas’s dad. Unfortunately, I don’t know elvish, though I have taught myself ancient dwarvish. It’s quite nice to write notes to myself when I don’t want anyone else to read it. 😛
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh, gee. Little kids are hard. I have a nine year old in my stories, and I’m constantly having to slow myself down to a much more basic view of life when I write her.
Like all human beings, you find such vast differences from one to the next, but they’re harder to write about, probably because their minds and thought processes aren’t as complex…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Mhmm, definitely a writer. (I don’t know what makes me a writer yet…) 🙁
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus Will definitely do so. We have lots of lectures by Bill Potter, if it’s the one I’m thinking of—you know him?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’ve noticed that little kids are cute as well as bundles full of energy. They don’t easily get mad or sad, and are always giving people the strangest things.
When I write little people, they usually end up making people realize what they want, or bringing up painful things that need to be brought up, and yet they are…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury Thanks! And yeah, the names a bit hard to swallow. I was going to name one of my characters it, but for some reason I kept mentally referring to myself as it, so it’s somehow become my unofficial name for everything.
@anne-of-lothlorien Wow, what’s it like being an adopted Elf? I’m only an intern… But I do know a bit of Elvish, so I…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury Thanks! And yeah, the names a bit hard to swallow. I was going to name one of my characters it, but for some reason I kept mentally referring to myself as it, so it’s somehow become my unofficial name for everything.
</iframe><p>via GIPHY</p>” alt=”shrugging” />
You see, I can do it too. 🙂
@anne-of-lothlorien Wow, what’s it like…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus wow. Yeah, I’ll certainly be praying.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey everybody,
I know some folks that run this awesome Christian history tour business. It’s a company called Landmark Events.
Anyways, the two guys that run it just got fined by the state/national/whatever it was park because they were teaching Christian history on public grounds. Of course, it was totally in their right to do so and this is a…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay How convenient. I was just going to say I was leaving as well. 😉 Good job on finishing your story! Was it a short story, or a longer one?
I managed to get 329 words *winces*. Ouch. you can tell I’ve had writer’s block. 😛 Though, I did take a small break in the middle, so it’s not so bad. Either way, thanks for writing with me!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay Great! Thanks for joining me; maybe I’ll actually get something done for once. 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay @overcomer @kate-flournoy @daeus @winter-rose @hope @jess … Heh… *looks around guiltily* Sorry I haven’t been around guys. I think it’s time to get back into it, though. Anybody want to have a go with me?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@sierra-r That is hilarious! In a really strange sort of way… Ah, true friends. The things they will do for each other. 🙂
@anne-swiftblade Ok, one sword is bad enough, but TWO? This world is so unfair… 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Aratrea Yes, Thomas Hardy. It’s definitely not a happy movie, but the theme comes across very strongly. I heard most of Thomas Hardy’s novels are tragedies. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
One of my absolute favorite movies, guys, is Rigoletto. It’s kinda old-ish so most of you probably haven’t even heard of it, but it is SO GOOD. The theme is tremendously well done— ‘an ugly heart is worse than an ugly face,’ and ‘Ignorance is the ugliest prejudice of all.’
And it’s completely a family film— we all watch it, down to the…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya
I found the movie I’m Not Ashamed to be shockingly powerful. The theme of standing up for your faith even when you’re surrounded by people who will ridicule you and, basically, make life miserable, is something that I think most people struggle with, so it struck me very deeply just because I can relate to it, while also encouraging…[Read more] - Load More
