-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Cry, The Beloved Country.
This book ties with Ben Hur for me, taking third place as my favorite books ever. This book masters theme better than any book I’ve ever read and it is a Christian novel. It’s also the most famous novel from South Africa ever. This is not a novel with high emotion, but you might very well search all your life and never…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Can I Do? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 10 months ago
I like the story concept. It sounds like it could turn into something really good, but the opening paragraph as it is doesn’t excite me that much.
The opening paragraph doesn’t turn me off, but it doesn’t suck me in either. I was intrigued by the description “mischevious and slightly sulky door”, but overall, the paragraph was too wordy, and I…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings, Salutations, and all that stuff in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Christi-Eaton That’s hilarious! Actors everywhere must have the craziest time backstage. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey y’all,
I mentioned a while ago that I had emotionally hurt my mom with some content in my story she perceived as graphic (even though most of you on here probably wouldn’t call it very graphic). After writing two articles to express my views on the subject which she still had some disagreement on, I finally got the opportunity to really talk…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien Uh yes, the green mist…no. Eustace was INCREDIBLE though, and Reepicheep. Like several others said. 😛
@Ethryndal YES to what you said about Edmund!! I loved him by the end of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe though, not just in Prince Caspian. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic What Is It? in the forum Poetry 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings, Salutations, and all that stuff in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@I-J-Anderson Yep, Kate and I are sisters. 🙂
Wow… Which animals were your favorite?
Yeah, Frodo most certainly wouldn’t have made it without Sam. He knew it, too.
Oh I know, Richard Armitage is a really good actor. I haven’t seen him as Gisborne (but I bet he’s awesome), but I’ve seen him in the BBC miniseries North and South. Seen…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister Ah, well, I suppose I shall survive..;)
I don’t know if Chima is still going…I kind of lost interest in Lego when they brought that degradation to the market…
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Oh boy, you just started one of my favorite subjects! I personally liked VotDT, even though it could be pretty lame in parts (aforesaid green mist). Eustace was amazing and Reepicheap was perfect. The one thing that annoyed me a little was the diversion from Edmund’s character. He was awful in The Lion the Witch and the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Is It? in the forum Poetry 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien Hhahahahahahahahahaha!
@kate-flournoy Thanks
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Is It? in the forum Poetry 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien Hhahahahahahahahahah!
@kate-flournoy Thanks
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Is It? in the forum Poetry 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha! @Anne-of-Lothlorien I love it!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Is It? in the forum Poetry 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus did I mention I really, really, really love that poem… 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Is It? in the forum Poetry 9 years, 10 months ago
Let me try that again. Here
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Is It? in the forum Poetry 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Well, bluejay’s poems had a visual pattern, which is bonus points for her, but a real visual poem is a bit more. It’s a poem shaped in a picture or pattern that has symbolic meaning to the poem itself. For instance, you could have a poem about yourself shaped like a human figure. You could have a poem about Jesus shaped like a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien a ‘jerk’? Excuse me? 😛 Um, Peter was the jerk? I actually liked Caspian better in PC than VotDT, though Edmund was the best in PC. Fight me. XD
Ha… well, so long as it doesn’t become an obsession I don’t think it’s wrong to appreciate if someone looks nice, though I never really thought about it… or him… I mean, I like…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I really didn’t care for the movie. Eustace and Reepicheep were brilliant, but otherwise I really couldn’t get over how much cheaper it was than the book. I know some can separate the two stories and enjoy them for their own sakes, and more power to them— but I just really did not care for the movie. 😛 I didn’t like any of…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Good, good. *Darth Sidious chuckle* You shall be Darth (whatever you want to be called)
Okay, all joking aside, thanks for joining me! And good luck/Luke with your NaNo. (Now I’m in a Star Wars mood)
I’ve rewritten about 397 words. Myeh, but I’m only halfway done with my writing time. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Good, good. *Darth Sidious chuckle* You shall be Darth (whatever you want to be called)
Okay, all joking aside, thanks for joining me! And good luck/Luke with your NaNo. (Now I’m in a Star Wars mood) -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Very good! A few more words and you’re path to the dark side will be complete! (You’ve seen Star Wars, right?)
- Load More
