Greetings, Salutations, and all that stuff

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, Salutations, and all that stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Joy Mastron
    @i-j-anderson
      • Total Posts: 81

“Hello, howdy, hi there, what’s up, greetings…”

That might sound strange and awkward, but I can guarantee you that it sounds exactly the same if I were speaking to you face to face. Absolutely, 100% just as weird!

Anyhow! My name is Joy Mastron, I’m 17, and I’m from the ever-smoggy Los Angeles, California.
      I live on a little half-acre farm in the middle of the suburbs, and my house is wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling, covered in books (at least on the inside), so I love to read and write. My go-to hobby is drawing and painting when I’m not trying to defeat that giant monster called calculus, but I also can play basketball and sleep. But mostly sleep.

I guess my one bragging point here on KP is that I can call Christi Eaton one of my best friends. She might not like me to call her that, but I still could.

I mostly only have time to write short stories, but might only have patience enough to write a short poem, so maybe in the future, you can see one or the other!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Joy Mastron.
      Louise Fowler
      @perfectfifths
        • Total Posts: 726

Hello! Welcome to KP, what is known as the “bestistest” place on the interwebz! 😀 I, too, am fairly new, but I feel right at home in this “community” of writers, and I hope you will too!

Currently reading Les Miserables

Jess
        @jess
          • Total Posts: 575

@i-j-anderson Hello there! I used to live close to Los Angeles as the bird flies, but with Cali traffic… (Oh my goodness, I’m sure you know what that is like…!) I was about 45 minutes away. (calculated with the good traffic) I am in NC now. 🙂
          Since you have so many books, what are your favorites? (So hard to choose…) I enjoy painting, mostly with watercolor, but primarily write. Do you have a favorite medium?
          Again, welcome to KP and don’t hesitate to jump right in! 😉

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@i-j-anderson Welcome! (to the bestistest place on the internet specifically)

That’s awesome you live on a small scale farm. Those are the bestistest. Btw, you don’t happen to know about permaculture, do you?

Hey, you really should post one of your poems. Do you have a favorite poetry style?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome to the Realm of the KeePers of the Pen, @i-j-anderson! Ooooh, another writer/painter! What do you like to paint?

Christine Eaton
              @christi-eaton
                • Total Posts: 306

@i-j-anderson, YAY! YOU’RE HERE!!! I’ve been waiting for you to pop up on this forum. How can you possibly think that I would not like you to call me one of your best friends, you’re crazy girl. Anyway, I’m gonna brag on Joy a little bit here, when she says her hobby is art, she means it, I’ll have to post a few of her pictures against her will because they are just that good. She’s talented, I mean crazy talented. 🙂 In case some of you are still confused, Joy and I go to the same church (Sarah van den Ham does as well @anne-swiftblade) and I’ve been talking to her non-stop about KP since I started as a writing team member, I’m just glad that she’s finally here to spend her free time chatting with you all.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Anne of Lothlorien
                @anne-of-lothlorien
                  • Total Posts: 440

Hey, welcome to the…
                  No that’s not right.
                  Come on in and make yourself…
                  Nope, not that either.
                  *cape swishes, sword and pen swirls and dramatic bows*
                  Welcome to the bestiestiestest everest place on the wide world of typing! I bid thee to come hither and lend your words to our conversing about various weird and wonderful topics!
                  There. That’s better.
                  Hi. I’m Anne, (not my real name) I’m an ENFP, a weirdo, a book and writing nut, and the resident adopted elf of KP. (We also have dragons, birds, elven interns, beans, warriors, unicorns, and other various thingies) Legolas Greenleaf is my adopted big brother, and I also travel to England at various times. I’m in the employment of Robin Hood, Sherlock Holmes, the Scarlet Pimpernel, etc. But I love love love love this place! Welcome.
                  What your favorite movie, your favorite LOTR character and your favorite ice cream flavor.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Joy Mastron
                  @i-j-anderson

Hello, @jess ! Absolutely, traffic is crazy, especially for the holidays.

I actually think that because I have so many books, I can’t have a favorite, but it’s usually what I’m currently reading. 😉 I have a few favorite authors but my mind is completely blanking. I’ll try and remember and get back to you. I absolutely love Douglas Adams’ writing because of his humor, but a lot of his works you can only take at face value because his symbolism and satire is…interesting.
                    I love graphic novels and webcomics, too, if I can sort through a pound of dirt to find an ounce of gold. Girl Genius is a favorite, though.

And, yes! Watercolor is what I primarily stick to, but I don’t have a wide range of what I paint. Mostly just portraits.

Nice to meet you all!

Joy Mastron
                    @i-j-anderson

Wow! So much all at once to respond to! Give me a sec and I’ll do my best to respond.

Joy Mastron
                      @i-j-anderson

@daeus I do know about permaculture, but am not super familiar with it. My half-farm isn’t really self-sustainable, but I have a barn and a lot of animals. I have around thirty chickens, three dogs, four cats, and a rabbit. We used to board horses and owned a goat,hamsters, millipedes and lots of other things, too. 😛 As for poetry styles, I have no clue. I’m not much of a free-verser, I like rhythm and rhyme, but am terrible at counting syllables.

@kate-flournoy
                        Your name is awesome, it sounds really Irish. People. I draw and paint A LOT of people. If I eventually figure out how to put some on here, I will.

@christi-eaton
                        Yay! I am! But you need to eventually help me figure out what on earth I’m doing, because I accidentally clicked on your name and thought I lost this whole thing

Christine Eaton
                        @christi-eaton
                          • Total Posts: 306

Don’t worry IJ I’ll show you the ropes 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 3976

@I-J-Anderson Irish? Oh wow, thanks. *grins* It’s French— Huguenot origin.

Yessssss! People— I love people. I’m not as good at painting them as I’d like to be; still life seems to be easier for some reason, but I love working with people because no two are alike and there’s such room for expression and personality. I love it.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Kate Flournoy.
                            Leumeister
                            @leumeister
                              • Total Posts: 244

Oh hi there! Welcome to Kingdom Pen, a place of Wonder, Excitement, and Discov…. Wait a minute…

Anyway, welcome to the aptly named “bestiest” place on the internet. I hope you enjoy your time on here 🙂

Joy Mastron
                              @i-j-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien That’s peculiar, I had recently shown Christi the MBTI personality thingy. I think it’s cool, but not the most accurate thing on earth. (I’m an INTP, but a mix of everything, so it’s hard to say.) I guess I’m an adopted pirate/chemist/assassin, then, hence the username IJ, which stands for Insanity Jane. Long story.
                                I have no clue what my favorite movie is, but if you’re more specific about genre, I’ll give it a try. But I love the Princess Bride as all homeschoolers do. My favorite LOTR character is probably Sam, but I love Thorin from the Hobbit if that counts, too. My favorite ice cream flavor is any ice cream that comes my way(except fake fruit ice cream, ack) but especially chocolate chip cookie dough and mint n’ chip

Joy Mastron
                                @i-j-anderson

@leumeister Thank you, and I must say, I never knew this place was Odyssey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >