Greetings, Salutations, and all that stuff

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, Salutations, and all that stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien
      • Total Posts: 440

@leumeister Ha Ha you know Odyssey? Are you still fuming over Connie and Mitch breaking up even though you knew it was the right thing, and are you rolling your eyes over Emily giggling around Buck even though you might do the same thing if you were there, (and a girl are you a girl or boy? I never met you officially, did you introduce yourself? Hi) and are you madly madly cheering for Penny and Wooten and are you desperately hoping Connie will get engaged to Jeff, the pilot, and are you thinking that Monica from Nova Com should become a Christian and marry Jason?
      Wow, I just realized that to someone who doesn’t know Odyssey, this might seem like a big romance saga from my rants. Sorry. It’s not, those are just the things that continue from volume to volume of episodes so the things that stick with you more. And I’m a fan of a good romance too, so that’s my sticking point for Odyssey.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Louise Fowler
      @perfectfifths
        • Total Posts: 726

@anne-of-lothlorien Whoa! Heaps of plots we have not yet encountered! (in case you didn’t know, @leumeister and I are siblings) 😀 We’re working our way through Odyssey in chronological order (we ordered them all! 😀 ) But we have heard the Nova Com saga, so we know about Mitch and Monica. I never really thought it to have a lot of romance – it’s mostly about kdis, y’know, especially in the earlier episodes. 🙂

Currently reading Les Miserables

Leumeister
        @leumeister
          • Total Posts: 244

@i-j-anderson

XD I couldn’t resist, really! 😛

Leumeister
          @leumeister
            • Total Posts: 244

@anne-of-lothlorien

Well, we’re going through the episodes chronologically right now, so we haven’t gotten to the NovaCom part yet (although we have listened to it). Some of the stuff I can’t recognize, like Emily and Buck. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!! SPOILERS!!! DX

You like Romance? Hmm. I kinda like keeping it as a subplot within another story than a major plot, but that’s just me.

Oh, and I introduced myself here. And I am a guy. Definitely a guy. 😛

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal
              • Total Posts: 1013

@i-j-anderson Mae Govannen, fellow artist! I am the Elf Intern that Anne mentioned. How long have you been doing water-color? I started taking lessons in it this year. (Which, holy smoke, is almost over!?!) It’s so different from pencil, which is what I mainly work with. Which means I freak out about it. A lot. 🙂

Oh, and I’ve just got to say it: Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I learned that word here, and now I am infatuated with it. 😉

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anne of Lothlorien
              @anne-of-lothlorien

@leumeister @i-j-anderson Aaaaaaaaah sorry!!!!!!! I just assumed you guys had heard it all. What, what I didn’t say anything about Connie. Or Buck. Although when you get to the Green Ring Conspiracy Buck is one of my favorite characters
                I do like romance, but GOOD romance. Not immoral, or not even really the main theme even. Except for Beauty and the Beast I love that story. But yah good Christian romance is nice. But not as the main focus.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Greta
                @gretald
                  • Total Posts: 450

@i-j-anderson
                  Hello and welcome to…the awesomest, craziest, bestistest place on the internet! So, down to business (you are about to be bombarded with questions in 5…4…3…2…1…0!) What are your favorite books? What is your favorite genre of literature? What do you like to draw/paint (I love painting and drawing, too!)? What…what… *runs out of questions to ask* is your favorite flavor of ice cream?! 😉
                  All silliness aside, though, I’m glad to have you here, and I can’t wait to get to know you better. 🙂

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 1352

@I-J-Anderson You OWNED millipedes? …wow.

Sam and Thorin!! You must be my kind of person. 😀

Anyway, welcome. Have you read Les Miserables?

Joy Mastron
                    @i-j-anderson
                      • Total Posts: 81

@ethryndal Hello, nice to meet you! I’m fairly new to watercolor. I started… in December of last year? Yes, time flies, I can barely keep track of any of it.

@anne-of-lothlorien
                      you haven’t spoiled anything for me! I’m pretty current with odyssey except for the past couple of months. One of the first episodes I ever listened to was when Connie first met Jeff and they had a romance thing happening then. I don’t know how much of a fan I am of him, though. I only heard that he came back, nothing past that. I never particularly liked Mitch though. He’s okay, but Jason hands down is the best. I think my favorite of his episodes is Name Not a Number. I was also quite obsessed with Wooten’s voice actor for a long time too. Not romantically, but Jess Harnell is great.

Joy Mastron
                      @i-j-anderson

@gretald thank you for welcoming me! I have heard a lot of how bestistest this place is, however I have no idea how to pronounce it. I have no clue what my favorite books are. It’s usually what I’m currently reading, but the ones I’ve read most recently include The Ranger’s Apprentice (I know I’m late, but I’ve only just started book two, so no spoilers, please!) by John Flanagan, Shada, a screenplay for Doctor Who written by Douglas Adams adapted into a novel, and I just finished reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley which was absolutely heartbreaking (I can’t give spoilers, either, but all I’m going to say is Henry Clerval gives me the feels).
                        My favorite genre,as you can tell, is broadly fiction, but mostly science fiction, fantasy, and historical fiction. But historical fiction in small doses unless it’s blended with the other two. 😉
                        I draw and paint mostly portraits, people, sometimes skyscapes, but not much, and whatever comes to mind. As for ice cream flavor, I have my mouth stuffed full of s’mores ice cream with gobs of nutella on top. I am shamelessly a little piggy.

Joy Mastron
                        @i-j-anderson

@emma-flournoy you must be related to Kate! Hello! I have owned a lot of animals in the past including 3 guinea pigs, 3 russian dwarf hamsters, 2 millipedes, an abundance of fish, an iguana years ago, 200 pound pig which we ended up giving away in a PennySaver ad, 2 love birds, a turkey,a lot of rabbits, and even two sheep that both gave birth to twins on Valentine’s Day. We ended up naming them Dodge and Dakota, and of course, Valentine and Cupid. The funny thing is, we didn’t know they were even pregnant. XD

Yes, Sam is awesome, but he’s so unappreciated. Frodo wouldn’t have lasted a second without him. Thorin is amazing too, but I guess my fascination with him has a little bit to do with his actor, because a few years ago I had binge-watched the whole series of BBC’s Robin Hood. And Thorin’s actor, Richard Armitage, is hands down the best Guy of Gisborne. Sadly, I have not. I have about three different audio dramas of Les Mis, and am well acquainted and in love with the story, but just haven’t had the time. It’s on my four page list of books to read as soon as I can.

Hope Ann
                          @hope
                            • Total Posts: 1092

@i-j-anderson Welcome! I enjoy watercolor too, though I paint mainly landscapes. When I get my paints out, which isn’t often now… What kind of short stories do you write? Contemporary? Fantasy?

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Anne of Lothlorien
                            @anne-of-lothlorien

Okay @leumeister turn away. I want to talk Odyssey.

Jason has always been my favorite Odyssey guy. It was so funny, one time were were playing Telestrasions, where you have to write words and draw pictures and pass them down the line and guess at what other people’s were. So, the word I was supposed to draw was ‘man’. Boring, right? So I decided to go with, instead of a stick-figure, just the head, but more detailed. I drew a face, with real looking eyes,nose, mouth,etch, and gave him a little un-shaven scruff on his chin. I drew off of Jason Whittaker for my drawing, and my friend agreed it looked like him. Well, when I passed it on, it turns out that my other friend guessed ‘imaginary boyfriend’ for my drawing! We all laughed so hard over that.

Jason is a great guy, and I was actually hoping it wouldn’t work out with Tasha, because I’m still dreaming that FotF will pair him up with Monica again; maybe he’ll even be the one to lead her to God!

Jeff is a nice guy, in my opinion. Back when Connie and he first met, and he wasn’t a Christian, he was kind of a caring jerk. But he left after they broke up, and just a few seasons ago came back, revealing that he was now a missionary pilot. There was an episode about how he flew into some country somewhere and found his calling. HE joked he’d fallen in love while out there, and I was thinking “No, you can’t do this, go back and fall in love with Connie again!” but it turns out he just fell in love with being a missionary pilot.

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

@I-J-Anderson Yep, Kate and I are sisters. 🙂

Wow… Which animals were your favorite?

Yeah, Frodo most certainly wouldn’t have made it without Sam. He knew it, too.

Oh I know, Richard Armitage is a really good actor. I haven’t seen him as Gisborne (but I bet he’s awesome), but I’ve seen him in the BBC miniseries North and South. Seen that?

Whenever you do read Les Mis I’m sure you’ll be happy. 😀 I know you’ve gotta have a sizable chunk of time to do so.

Christine Eaton
                                @christi-eaton
                                  • Total Posts: 306

@emma-flournoy, @I-J-Anderson probably doesn’t even have to read Les Mis because I talk to her about it so much 😉 But you should read it, Jane, you really should!

All I know is that being in the play has changed some of my view of Les Mis, for one, rehearsals have turned the thing into a comedy. For example, last night, my friend Damian (Marius) was trying to figure out the right position to hold Eponine while she was dying, and while I was watching it I was dying (from laughter.) And there was also that wonderful moment when he was experimenting with how he would talk to me, hold my hand etc. so he could figure out the right balance between awkward and flirty. So for right now, it’s pretty hilarious, but if we can pull it off right the entire audience will be sobbing.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >