-
Daeus replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
Ha! That’s awesome, @leumeister! So would James be from earth?
-
Daeus replied to the topic *tries to think of a inspiring topic title but can't* Hi! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
Welcome back, @abigail-blomberg.
One of the best ways to navigate the forum is from the home page. At the very bottom, there is a list of the five most recently started topics. That’s the easiest way to tell if there’s a new thread. On the bottom of the sidebar on this site, we also have a “recent forum replies section.” That gives you the five…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, @leumeister, give us the dig.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Happy 2017! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Thanks @PerfectFifths.
Ours is in half an hour, and we’re staying up to meet it. 🙂 Some of us. 😉 -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Happy 2017! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Thanks @Perfect-Fifths.
Ours is in half an hour, and we’re staying up to meet it. 🙂 Some of us. 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
Ha! Oh dear…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy You stole! I’m so happy. You’re catching on.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus I literally just copied and pasted that into a word file… 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ideas for a New Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 9 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield probably also in places where people of faith were suspected to be in high numbers gatherings over three or four could be prohibited. It’s possible too if you were suspected to be a Christian they could limit the number of ‘outreach’ devices or opportunities you were allowed to have. Basically try to isolate you, in a non-violent…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Ideas for a New Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 9 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield Well, there could be no singing Christian songs; no songs with mention of God; maybe all documents with God mentioned banned even if they weren’t particularly Christian works (things like the Constitution, maybe?)…
That all seems a little basic. 😛 I can’t really think what else would happen other than the banning of all…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus sackcloth may be a little extreme… XD
Good point. That’s true. -
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument Ok, I’m back to give you my rant on self-publishing and marketing.
So, I love the self-publishing. Maybe I’ll change my mind when I’ve tried it, but I don’t think so. You have full control and full rights. Check. You get way more royalties. Check (publishers keep the vast majority of the profit, and in many cases, they don’t even…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Yay you! Feel proud. Eat ice cream. Sleep until next November.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Though I will point out that sometimes we think there’s a certain degree of mystery to a verse, when there really isn’t. There are legit mystery verses, but not all the ones we identify as such. This probably is a real legitimate mystery verse, but I don’t want to say so right off the bat.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Sorry. Yes, I see what you meant. That type of thing just irks me enough that I flew into a tirade without reading what you said carefully, for which I again repent in sackcloth and ashes.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus no, you’re right. I agree. What I meant was I don’t understand it clearly enough to actually state for a certainty what it means, because as you pointed out there is information missing. Obviously it means what it says, but it didn’t give us the whole story, therefore there is that part of it I don’t understand.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I think that could work. I especially like how you’d get to see the ghost’s view of the spiritual realm. Could make for some nice subtlety and suspense. As far as the story idea goes, two elements jumped out to me: The Accusor and the blood. Both of these, I think, could be deepened through developing their background mythologies.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@His-Instrument actually that does sound like it could be a powerful allegory, handled well. It’d need a lot of prayer and study of scripture of course, but that’s not difficult.
And that verse has always puzzled me as well. For me, it’s one of those mysteries that doesn’t really need explaining. Something God knows, but didn’t spell out for me,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Yes. It was definitely awesome. @Anne-Swiftblade
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Winter-Rose That is awesome!
Make sure you get your sleep. 🙂 - Load More
