-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Is Like Having a Lake Inside Your Head in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@TheLiteraryCrusader YESSSSSSSSSSSSSYESYESYESYES! This is perfect on ever possible level. :’D Thank you for sharing. I’m inspired. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Revenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Rachelle *evil cackling* Awesome topic.
Short answer: Revenge is bad. Vengeance is Mine, saith the Lord. I will repay.
Long answer: that doesn’t mean you can’t have revenge in your story. Even a successful revenge. But for the sake of truth, it should never be without consequences. There are always consequences when man takes God into his own…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Perfectfifths Zikers! (as @graciegirl would put it 😛 ) Now this thing is deleting parts of my posts! I’ve been having a lot of trouble with the site lately; sometimes certain peoples tags won’t come through, and today, the spot that lets you log in disappeared for four hours and I was locked out of my account. Apparently, it doesn’t like…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Arg, stupid me. I just realized that the scene I’m thinking about is only in the extended edition of the Return of the King. Sorry. But yes, it’s also in the books. 😛
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@perfectfifths Nice! Sooo… It’s either an entry fee and a free book, or a free entry and a twenty dollar book. Either way the glass is half full, I guess. 🙂
On another, more random, note, it’s nice that it’s such a professional thing. I entered a short story contest last year done by Patrick Henry College (You actually might not know who they…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@perfectfifths Nice! Sooo… It’s either an entry fee and a free book, or a free entry and a twenty dollar book. Either way the glass is half full, I guess. 🙂
Oh, I just noticed the thing you said above, about the deadlines and so forth. (I somehow missed it before.) Does that say…f-f-five THOUSAND dollars? Golly, I hope you win! That would be…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus Merp, sorry I missed the critiquing party. I will definitely share this with my people. Such a cool idea. 🙂
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Oh, goodness, I certainly hope romances aren’t necessary to a story line, because my book has absolutely zero romance. (And I plan on keeping it that way. No girl is good enough for you, Emolas…) What really annoys me in fiction is when there’s a romance for no other reason than a girl and a guy are main characters. Rogue…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @jane-maree I’m signing out now. I copy edited a page and a half, sent a few emails, and proof read a thing. See ya round!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Ooh, I like your analogy. My love for his compositions go from the outskirts of the galaxy to the…um, other outskirts of the galaxy.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@perfectfifths Good luck!
I must have missed this discussion, but what is War in the Wasteland? -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 *cries with you*
Here are some instrumental people I like to listen to besides John Powell.
Piano Guys
John Williams (star wars)
Audiomachine
Kung Fu Panda 2
@daeus That’s great! I can’t wait till I get back up to speed again. -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Oh, words.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writing_girl_99 Oh, words.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
739! My best in a while.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I listen to music all the time when I’m writing. You should check out Audiomachine, or if you like Celtic, Brunuhville. John Powell’s How to Train Your Dragon tracks are good too. And if you have Spotify, look up the Kingdompen profile, and they have a lot of music. There are also a lot of epic playlists on spotify, if you…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I listen to music all the time when I’m writing. You should check out Audiomachine, or if you like Celtic, Brunuhville. John Powell’s How to Train Your Dragon tracks are good too. And if you have Spotify, look up the Kingdompen profile, and they have a lot of music. There are also a lot of epic playlists on spotify, if you…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@jane-maree *eats inspirational pizza* Thank you. I needed that. *copy edits with much resolve* 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Ooh, that sounds fun.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 How funny! I was late because I was playing guitar and piano for my family.
- Load More
