-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@Alia *chokes* Erm… haha… XD Well, don’t be afraid to draw it crooked and off center. Sometimes the impression is more important than accuracy. Also don’t overdraw the mouth— a few well-placed lines are better than the whole outline, which can sometimes look static and lifeless. As for snarls in particular… quick hint. More than half of a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 she could approach Matthias about it… but it would be better, I think, if you did end up having the sparring scene, and as she’s walking in she overhears something, and then tries to get the info out of him while they’re sparring. His continued avoidance will only heighten her curiosity, giving you a great opportunity to get…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I just realized I butchered that title. You know you’re a pathetic creature when you can’t even remember the title of your own blog post that you just looked at five minutes ago. XD
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 4 months ago
@Alia *nods* Yeah, I’ve read that, it was pretty good. XD
@That_writer_girl_99 But deep down inside, aren’t we all just a little afraid of Kate’s dragon breathe?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
*rushes in late* Story? What story? OH, that story. Ahem. Yes. Here you go. @Daeus @That_writer_girl_99 And I’ll tag @Kate-Flournoy just in case.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 okay. That’s fine. It’s good to know your limits. We don’t want you burning out. 😉
Wellll… since you want to stick to Kara’s pov, maybe she could overhear some guards talking about what happened? Or perhaps she hears Matthias talking to a guard, receiving or giving a message from/to the Warden. This gives her suspicions…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 again, my apologies… *clears throat meekly* Telepathic dragon in the making here; I was practicing and got it wrong. *mysterious wink*
Moving on now.
No, you’re right. That’s not enough to drive an entire chapter. Unless something important happens in the sparring room, I would say cut it entirely. Writing is about change,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Oops. I’ve already left.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 My apologies. That’s what would have gotten me stuck. XD
*ahem* How are you stuck? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 switch POVs.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’ll give him a shot. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Ethryndal King @Daeus has spoken…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@audrey-caylin @jess @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 @ethryndal @jane-maree Anyone with me tonight?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@ethryndal! Story!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus shhhhh! Don’t scare the newbies!
Ah well… guess it’s too late for that. *sighs**blinks scaled eyelids happily* Yes indeed @That_Writer_Girl_99… did I fail to mention? I’m a dragon. *accidentally ignites her mug of tabasco sauce with laughing*
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Ethryndal Well that’s good. Always best to be prepared. 🙂 *takes chocolate* Thank you.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 you know what? That’s perfectly fine. You don’t have to be able to write it. I’ve been writing every night for four and a half years and I still don’t know how to write. I’ll never know all there is to know. But I sure wouldn’t have got anywhere near as far as I have if I’d never tackled something I couldn’t handle. It’s the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@delightinlife Once every other month.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Alia Yeah, who’s wild idea was that? They must have known that it would end with us blowing up the planet or something. KP needs to have warning sign somewhere for all the poor innocents who stumble blindly upon us thinking we’re all sweetness and writerly wisdom.
@that_writer_girl_99 @Daeus Though @Dragon-snapper does a good deal of chair…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Watch out for @kate-flournoy. She’s a dragon too and she’d just as soon roast you and eat you for supper as burn your manuscript.
- Load More
