@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes @Daeus! Totally! The only thing is, you have to watch out for redundant flow:
He raked his fingers nervously through his hair. “So, this is just like the first one, only more complicated?”
She nodded. “Yup.”
He exhaled loudly. “Right.”
Her lips twisted in a little smile. “You okay?”
He swallowed. “Yeah. Yeah, just great, thanks.”See, it’s…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus aw man, in that case I should have pounded it completely off and then asked you how it felt! 😛 *starts looking around for gavel* Now where did I put that thing? 😉
Love it, @writefury! Love it love it love it! I agree with Daeus— that one line
There. I can’t even see it anymore. I’ll be fine.
is awesome. And you’re right— tha…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh, someone tell me how to make a link. I’m hopeless.
-
BlueJay started the topic Art Work in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
I guess the title sums up what this is about. ART WORK! I have an older sister who is an amazing artist and here is a link to her Facebook page so that you can check out her work.
facebook.com/artbykellyjust
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
The hills are alive with the sound of music
Ahem. So I’m back. All tuned and ready to go. How was your singing lesson @daeus? I would imagine quite difficult. 😀
Anyway, I’ve realized I won’t be hear tomorrow probably. I’ll be out early, and I’m unsure what time I will get home. If I have time, I will definitely let you know.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
*horrified gasp* Oh my goodness @Daeus let me see it! *drops gavel with clatter, springs in terror from her seat* Oh no, why did you have your hand there!?!?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes! Any opposed? *glances happily around* No?
Good.
*slams gavel down on desk with resounding crash* MOTION PASSES!!!!! -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus ah. My bad. 🙂 I do see how that could be better, now that you mention it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
Reading through you guys’ comments, I’m seeing a lot about the German characters’ stilted speech, so I may be the one who’s wrong here, but I kinda got the impression it was supposed to be that way because they couldn’t speak proper English. @writefury I am mistaken?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
@writefury
Okay, so can I be the first to say…WOW!!!! This is so amazing!!! I want to read ALL of this! I did notice just a few small things: after Jazz is listening at Jean’s door, you say Silence answered. To me, that doesn’t make much sense since he didn’t call out or anything so nothing could have answered him. That might just be me…hope…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@writefury, I like it! I mean, I like them…the stories ideas, that is. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh, stop! You made my empathy kick in. *sobs miserably* But I can’t write with you, I’ve got singing…. Quick, someone come and write with @daeus.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes it was a recent critique. You can read the rest of it in the Short Story forum.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
*sigh* @writefury
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus I won’t be able to join you today in writing as I’ll be out. Sorry.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus YES. I have surprised myself over and over again with the realization of what I was doing. Mostly it was with dialogue tags, actually— said furiously, shouted angrily, etc. etc. While there’s not anything particularly WRONG with those, it sounds better if I say ‘snapped’ or ‘screamed’, and it also lets the reader draw their own…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
ACK!!!!!!!!!! ACK ACK ACK GIVE ME THE REST GIVE ME THE REST I WANT TO SEE JEAN’S FACE WHEN SHE REALIZES COBALT IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! *collapses in nervous wreck on floor, melts into tears*
No complaints. Absolutely no complaints— just one thing, and it’s not really something badly done as much as it is something that could have been done…[Read more]
-
BlueJay and
Jackson Graham are now friends 10 years, 6 months ago -
Ingrid replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield
I know, right? Dreams are just odd…I’ve played hide and seek with polar bears and been slashed through the arm. (Okay, maybe mine are even stranger than everyone’s. *shakes head mournfully* *walks away weeping*) Anyway, stories. Well, I had to write a take-off on The Princess and the Pea, and it got very interesting. It was…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus, YES, THIS IS SO HELPFUL. Thanks for sharing, Daeus! I struggle with “telling,” too, and it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one. 🙂
- Load More
