@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Ingrid replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Agh!!!! I have been on vacation the last few weeks. Bad excuse, I know. I’ll join in when I catch up. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic OYAN considerations in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@winter-rose
So sorry this is so late. I wish I could be helpful, but…no. I have never tried OYAN but would love to in the future. *gets dreamy, faraway look in eyes* Someday… -
Ingrid replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay
Sorry for not getting back to you! I just got back from vacation, and…well, I’m sure you know how that is. Hmmmm…a dare. Let’s see. I dare you to write a short story from the perspective of someone with a fatal disease. What does he/she do in the last few days of his/her life? -
Ingrid posted an update 10 years, 2 months ago
Hey, everybody! I’m back from vacation. And, no, I have not been ignoring you if you tagged me! I’m just now catching up on emails so I will respond soon! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Hello and welcome @Dragon-snapper! Glad to have you on here. 🙂
*buckles seatbelt*
Greta, the Peaceful One, salutes you, Captain Dragon Snapper. 😛 -
Greta replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Bluejay Yesssss, I love Ella Enchanted!! Have you read Two Princesses of Bamarre, also by Gale Carson Levine? It’s just as good as Ella Enchanted. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Late to the party as usual (that’s what happens when you’re gone for 19 days).
@Jess Nice to meet you! Welcome to the coolest place for writers ever. 😉
I ask this question of everyone who joins KP (unless, of course, it’s already been asked) and it’s a very, very important question, so, in keeping with tradition, what are some of your favorite books? -
Greta replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise, Nice to “see” you again! 😉 What are some of your favorite books?
-
Greta replied to the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope I’m late to the party but better late than never, right? I like the tile “Sign of the Shield,” but I like “Sign of the Nameless Shield” better. I also really like “Crowned Powerless…” 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope oooh, I love that. It really reminds me you can’t play God and pretend to see the whole picture. You do your duty and trust God for the rest.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope I do believe assassinations in wartime are no different than pitched battle. The object is to kill either way, and I see no reason why an ambush in the middle of the night should be permitted, yet a single man not be permitted to sneak into enemy headquarters and kill a general.
In the case of terrorists, terrorists are by definition…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec That’s great.
I have just started a new set of short stories. *It will be interesting to see how they turn out* And the funny thing is, they are actually set in Australia. I tend to pop my stories in America!!!! I wonder why?!?!?!
Yeah! Go Aussies. “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi.” *dances a silly dance while grinning crazily. I love…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec I got 484 words and Australia just got another bronze medal. YAY!!!!! *I’m not a huge Olympic fan, but I love watching the swimming and diving* 🙂
How’d you go…? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Great. I may have a quick break in a minute or two, but it won’t be for long. 🙂 See you in half an hour. 😀
@clairec -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Great. I may have a quick break in a minute or two, but it won’t be for long. 🙂 See you in half an hour. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Frindle is about a boy who decides that a pen should be called a frindle. And it’s about the war that goes on because of it and how the world responds to it. Great book, well worth reading. It is by Andrew Clements.
The Butterfly Lion…how to describe it. Let me just write what is on the back of the book.
Bertie rescues an orphaned white lion cub…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope all good questions. I do think I would tend to say it’s cowardice to beg for swift death over torment (though goodness knows if I would have the strength to take it), because ultimately God is in control (so cliche— but He is 😉 ) and ‘I can do ALL THINGS through Christ, who strengthens me.’ That would apply to silence in the face of…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope have you ever read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine? She does that with her book.
- Load More

Hey @ingridrd Welcome Back! I like your profile pic. 🙂 I just changed mine. I’d been meaning to do it for awhile and then I forgot. And when I saw yours, I was like “Oh, yeah, I meant to change mine, and hey, it’s from How to Train your Dragon as well. Only mine’s from number 2. Have you seen both?
Yes, @bluejay, I have seen both, and I love them! 🙂