-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@linus-smallprint While I did agree that Ellette’s concept of Joseph sensing evil in the temple was realistic, I can get behind you too when you say you don’t want to write about demons and such.
Personally, I think it all depends on the story. Your story has no need of it anyway, so it wouldn’t be wise to include it.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 10 months ago
@loopylin So glad he’s doing better! I’ll continue to pray for him!
-
whaley replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Now I’m even more curious. Sorry if you don’t want to answer. 😅 You said ‘need’ a lot, does that mean you would only talk about death if you need to, not at any other time?
-
whaley replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 11 months ago
My sisters are concerned, they’ve paused our ice cream party to pray.
-
whaley replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 11 months ago
Oh yeah, stress can definitely give you stomach pains, and a hard time eating. He sounds like he needs a hug. I’m glad he feels a little better <3
-
whaley replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 11 months ago
Praying <3
When you aren’t immediately sad about the whole thing, it might help to go to your parents and talk with them about it, even if they seem angry when you lash out.
For example, my parents can feel frustrated with my younger brother, but when he tries to explain why he had a temper explosion, they can see he isn’t…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Oh, that’s an interesting perspective I’ve never heard before. So you wouldn’t write about death in any circumstance because it might offend people?
But I have done enough things in my life that tell others that I’m not a Christian, I don’t need to add to the list.
This comment above ^ Do you find it unlikable to talk/write about death?
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@raxforge @ellette-giselle I probably won’t do it either, but that’s just because I can’t think of anything that I could write for such a broad subject.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
Come on, Ellette! You’re gonna leave me on that!? Your cliffhangers…
Just teasing. I like Julian’s reaction—it feels very realistic like Linus said, even though I’m not a boy so I don’t know exactly how men react to those situations. As far as I know, it looks good.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@anyone who cares which will probably be nobody but ehh.
I have been learning to animate in Blender…..
and I believe I have partaken in one of the most glorious feelings known to man:
animating something and watching it move by itself, and thinking that this has been your greatest creation thus far.
Was this how God felt when he created…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 11 months ago
@the_lost-journal @theducktator I get into enough ruckuses with my 1 younger brother, anything more than that would be C R A Z Y.
Other than Kefa’s “My brothers probably hate me” problem, what’s it like?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
oh and you’re welcome for the feedback!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed oooh I like it!
have you already started the 3rd book?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle ohhh cool! yeah Tron’s soundtrack is a great one to have on in the background when you’re writing, or sometimes I put it on when I’m in the car on a long trip.
This is from the TV show, which was pretty god but only lasted like 1 season.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle I don’t think you’re playing with demonic powers.
Putting an actual detailed ritual by the Imperial priests could be, for example, but simply the mention that a pagan temple has an evil presence hovering over it is, if anything, as realistic as you can make it.
The music track? Oh, it’s funny cause it is a synth-heavy…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle what you said about the temple feeling evil to Joseph makes sense to me. I, personally, have never been to any form of pagan temple (not even the ruins of one, that I can remember anyway) , but honestly the very fact that I would be standing in what was once used for or currently used for the worship of a false god (especially if…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@rae you–
you actually liked it??
wow.
thank you!
three months of my life weren’t wasted writing this!
My only mental note is it was pretty obvious that Spy was Huntresses and Scouts father from the point that Huntress entered his room and saw his stuff.
This is probably a relic of earlier drafts, in which Huntress figured it out while she…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
Augh, I keep missing you!! 😅
Cool! So… how old is Joseph in the later books, if right now he’s “Young Joseph”?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
How could you kill your FAVORITE off, Ellette??? 😢
Oh, it’s been picked back up. Just slightly bent now. 😁
- Load More
