@koshka
Active 12 hours, 58 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2587
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Tagging people I seem to remember using magic before. I’m not sure if y’all are the right people, I apologize if you aren’t. @godlyfantasy12 @rae @highscribeofaetherium @loopylin @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @savannah_grace2009
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
My pagan gods are simply known as Them, because I couldn’t think of a name.😭
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
The evil/weird religious system in my WIP so far only has moon worship and possibly vague ancestor stuff…which is being an issue because of blurred lines between calendars and idolatry, but I’m actually having fun with that so far so let’s hope I don’t end up with mad parents.
I think it makes sense. There was a lot of moon worship in the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m always so impressed when somebody invents a language for their story. I’m too traumatized from Latin to have any sort of desire to that end.
It saved the world from becoming a huge political allegory
LEGIT concern right there. Actually so true.
Hm… Maybe you can create some kind of explanation for the fall…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
OoooOOOoohHHHHhhhhh nnnNNNNOOOOooooo…….
Yep.
I do have a rough mythology as much as I want to have it. The god of war and his consort the goddess of prosperity run around doing their thing while the god of the yurt (home/tent) tries to just keep the tents from burning in the chaos. I have decided not to go too in depth, since I…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have reawakened the trauma. *Pats your head apologetically* We’ve all been through it before.
Boundaries will help. Writing is like a relationship. You can’t let it take over your life, Koshka. I believe in you.
🤣😝
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Watches you scream* *Joins you by screaming into my stuffed unicorn*
The best decision I ever made for Project Lovedream was to limit the world-building to one city due to an extreme history of isolationism, plus the science fiction boundaries implemented because of it. It makes my job a whole lot easier.
Have you drawn maps for your…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
One of the first things I pin down are what I consider the building blocks of a culture; Cold or warm; Individualist or collectivist; Rich or poor; Military or civilian; Old or young. Then I find the cultural ideals for beauty, character, morality, nobility, justice.
This stuff is all so fuuuuuun, and all so eeendleeeeeeesssss. And just…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@koshka
Yes, that is me. 100% -
Andrew replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Tags!
@ellette-giselle @koshka @hybridlore @elishavet-pidyon @esther-c @rae @freed_and_redeemed @highscribeofaetherium @liberty @mineralizedwritings @theducktator @keilah-h @stephie @grcr @the_lost-journal @jonas @linus-smallprint @IthinkIgotmostactivepeoplebutI’mnotsuresoifIforgotyouI’msorry
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Wait, what????
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh good!
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Wait, wouldn’t it be 3 for EST? Aren’t they ahead of Central?
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Portals: When My Story Ate Me in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle @koshka @keliah-h @hybridlore @theducktator
Ok everyone! Last night I tried to share the character concept art, but apparently it didn’t go through. I’m going to try sharing them again now.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh goodness, that’s not much time. *dashes off to do chores*
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I showed that scene to one of my friends, and her exact words were:
“Livia and Marcurious have never been more annoying, and Aubrielle has never been more relatable”.
It was so funny lolll
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@koshka @stephie @ellette-giselle
Ah, okay. XD I asked because I am coldhearted while reading or writing. But I teared up yesterday, and that completely caught me off guard.
-
Andrew replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
@koshka @svannah_grace2009
I agree as well!
-
Loopy replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
I struggle with getting the right kind of vibe for a character’s name too, but it’s not typically a color.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
*Offers cake and an emotional support fluffy*
*Takes* *Stuffs cake into mouth* *Visibly stressed*
I can like the sound of a name perfectly fine, but the colors are just not it. And then I have to look for a name all over again.
@ellette-giselle @theducktator
The generator Ducky (can I call you that?) shared is one of the less…[Read more]
- Load More
