@koshka
Active 9 hours, 33 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2587
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I probably should not be as comforted by that as I am.
Published authors have probably felt the same about their stuff. If that’s not comforting, I don’t know what is. 😛
And I spelled it differently, so there. XD
Problem solved
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Portals: When My Story Ate Me. The serial story I’ve semi-periodically shared on here. I should work on HoA(Viktor’s story), but I have zero motivation for that one. They’re just sitting in a friend’s shop at the moment waiting for their parents to find them. Portals is a more manageable size, so little bites first.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I love collecting ideas from novels published between from the 1910s-50s. Mostly 40s and 50s. I keep notes from them in a notebook and I’ve done this for months; it’s a lot of fun. I often collect dialogue because there’s something very identifiable about fictional dialogue from that time.
Oh, I like this idea. That is epic. I’ve n…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
What project are you working on?
-
whaley replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Good job, friend 👍
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
What’s your favorite word biome so far?
I love collecting ideas from novels published between from the 1910s-50s. Mostly 40s and 50s. I keep notes from them in a notebook and I’ve done this for months; it’s a lot of fun. IÂ often collect dialogue because there’s something very identifiable about fictional dialogue from that ti…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Stopping at :59. I got 442 words in an hour. Not wonderful, not terrible. I think I like where this section is going.
-
whaley replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Watching to make sure you’re held accountable 👀
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
UFO (unfinished object) SPRINT
I’m working on Portals and/or contract stuff. It’s late here, so I won’t be on for long but thought I’d give myself some accountability.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
*sigh*
I just opened a WIP doc, misread a name, and thought a sibling had written some sort of fabulous crossover fanfiction in my WIP doc. I was so happy.
This poor WIP. I preferred a non-existent orphaned fin-fic to it. What a terrible brain-parent.
On other news, Tolkien keeps stealing my character names.
-
Power replied to the topic Match the Quote! Game of Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Welp, I know some of them.
2) Edmund from Prince Caspian
6) One of the Feechiefolk from The Secret of the Swamp King
9) Morley the cooper from Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione
10) Screwtape from The Screwtape Letters
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Match the Quote! Game of Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Unfortunately, I helped you pick these quotes so I can’t play this round. I will stalk this place until the next round. 😁
-
whaley replied to the topic Match the Quote! Game of Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Get ready for some random ideas
1. Pride and Prejudice (something tells me it’s from something else, but I might be right)
2. Sassy. Hmm. Is this the part in Fahrenheit 451 where Montag talks with Clarisse?
3. The only wolf story I can remember off the top of my head is The Wolf Wilder. This probably isn’t even a wolf-focused story,…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic My Book Feels Too Big (Also heeeey!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Hey girl!! It’s good to see you around. :] And good to hear you’re doing well.
You finished it??
Congrats on hunkering down and finishing the draft!! That’s crazy… IÂ can’t believe there’s a full version of your first book out there. You have to get on here when it’s done so I can read it.
You haven’t hurt November too much,…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic My Book Feels Too Big (Also heeeey!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Heeyyyyyyy! So good to see you!
Congratulations on completing your draft! *Throws confetti* That is absolutely amazing! ✨🎉👏🏻 Have you celebrated ? Rewarded yourself?
Some questions… Is it the Destina project or a different one? I don’t want to asume lol. Also, second draft, is it an edited version or a second book? Just…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Lol. Latin is fascinating.
Collecting slang sounds brilliant and fun. *Takes recommendation* I’ve played with coloquialisms a little, but in a useful way. I shall have to try that.
What’s your favorite word biome so far?
*peers through the glitter*
Wow. Grammar is interesting, but I haven’t done work in it. Your conlags…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 3 weeks ago
True enough.
Oh this is interesting.
Reúven
Now that was a harder question. He scrunched his eyebrows together as he worked it out.
“Yeah. Accidents happen. I guess any school is going to have those. It’s gotten much better, though, under the current administration. The bully gang was broken up, so most accidents are, well,…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 3 weeks ago
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Yay!
Reúven
He had no idea who this lady was. She looked like a student, and near his class year at that. She had to be new.
But if she was new, how did she get on the school newspaper committee?
He looked back to the game as if he was distracted by something over there. Her face blurred in the corner of his vision. She…[Read more]
-
Power started the topic forum-# The Secret Forum in the forum Announcements 5 months, 3 weeks ago
https://kingdompen.org/forum-3/Â Â (or -4,-5,-6,-7,-8,-9, or -25 . . . but not -26+?)
- Load More
