@koshka
Active 1 day, 13 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2588
-
whaley replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
Of course! And I understand hating your own writing. I was looking at my old roleplays a bit ago and they hurt my brain.
Also, I really, really love your descriptions.
Thank you! I’ve been trying to describe things thoroughly even though it’s tedious at times. Cuz afterwards I’m glad to have done it.
-
whaley replied to the topic The All-Boys Royal Academy AU RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
That is perhaps the most iconic side character focused entry I have seen in a roleplay. That was needed. I appreciate your thoughtful addition.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
To my fellow roleplayers, I am sick today and need a break from KP. Will update some threads when I feel better!
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
Yes, I do every year, except this year because my Mom made canned cranberry sauce…hence why I didn’t eat it because it wasn’t the recipe I like.
I don’t eat it on anything, just straight cranberry sauce.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Why did you choose to write about your main character? in the forum Topic of the Week 10 months, 1 week ago
In Guardian AngelsÂ
my beloved flopNahim, in his earliest form, was a broken soldier finding healing. At first he was just another character, but eventually, as I got older and hit troubles in my life, I began to morph him into something that resembled some of my thoughts and feelings. He became almost a way of self-expression over the years, b…[Read more] -
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
It’s not painful to read. You describe things clearly, there are varied sentence lengths, and you suggest emotion at sprinkled points through the sections. You also don’t harp on descriptions, which is something I struggle with.
Thanks.
But stubborn me still hates it (it’s a me problem, I am genuinely thankful)
Also, I really, reall…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Why did you choose to write about your main character? in the forum Topic of the Week 10 months, 1 week ago
Oh, fabulous question!
Let’s see.
In Heirs of Ashes Alyona was originally the MC, but I ended up changing the sibling’s age order and put Viktor in her place. Then he kinda became his own person. It’s funny reading back to some of those old RPs with him. I mentioned his scarring and trauma in almost every post because I had just…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
Gabriel nodded, his jaw tight, knowing Lucy couldn’t get there in time. He judged the distance, and the closeness of the crows, but before he finished thinking, he sheathed his daggers and scooped Lucy up, apologizing, remembering how she kicked him last time. Then he ran for what felt like the m…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
oh for sure!!
-
whaley replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
Lucille
Lucy did not run without the Protector. She grabbed his arm and yanked him forward, pointing. “No – Th-that way!”
The tower had an opening at the base – a scuffed metal lid. She hadn’t noticed it before and now it was far from them both. But the crows’ shadows grew around them and the Protector surely couldn’t fight them off. He…[Read more]
-
whaley started the topic Why did you choose to write about your main character? in the forum Topic of the Week 10 months, 1 week ago
Why did you choose to write about your main character?
This is as complicated as it sounds! Characters are multi-faceted and ever-changing, so when faced with this question, it might be hard to answer. Do you write about them because you relate to them, carry a message through them, or simply enjoy their unique existence? It’s different for…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Topic of the Week…? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
I have never felt so called out
-
whaley replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
It’s painful to read, but thanks I guess.
It’s not painful to read. You describe things clearly, there are varied sentence lengths, and you suggest emotion at sprinkled points through the sections. You also don’t harp on descriptions, which is something I struggle with.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
Lol. Yeah, I can see that. Scratch PK and put in “military brat.” In the book cannon he’s a farm kid, but it’s an ancient world where everyone fights sometimes, and ballads are some of the only literature he has read. Reúven is even more military minded.
It would be funny to compare their different views of war, heroism, and military.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
It’s painful to read, but thanks I guess.
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
It, indeed, was Lucy. She tumbled unceremoniously from the mass of black feathers. The crow shifted its attention from the shiny silver, to her, and she ran, the crow chasing after her.
Gabriel’s blades were out in a moment, boots digging into the ground as he r…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
Aw man… If it’s any consolation to you, I enjoy reading your rps! You’re doing a great job and if you’re frustrated with something, whatever it is, usually that means you’re getting better.
Lucille
Lucy tumbled over the crow’s back and landed on the ground. The crow’s focus shifted and it instantly chose to stride toward her.
There w…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 10 months, 1 week ago
*hugs*
I’m so glad and sad at the same time. I don’t have any words. I’m sorry you’re going through this. You’re right though, joy isn’t the same as happiness. God is with us. His joy is our strength. <3
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Please Check This Out: Making Another Website? in the forum Announcements 10 months, 1 week ago
And I am literally looking into starting a business Instagram account. *stressed moan* Like I said, we pick our poisons. (And we’ll see how far I can go without using personally identifying information.) It’s less about having a digital footprint, and more about having a clean one. Rather not get my bank account hacked or anything. Ick. That’s a…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Please Check This Out: Making Another Website? in the forum Announcements 10 months, 1 week ago
Thank you for the info!
I am fine with that to an extent. I would prefer to minimize the amount of accounts I am attached to at all as standard footprint shrinking procedure. If I can use a fake account, I will try to do so. Technically, having a Gmail account is unsecure too, and buying stuff online is just as dangerous as…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
The problem is not what I want to write, I just genuinely hate my writing style right now.
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
As the crows above cackled and argued, Gabriel’s attention was drawn to something silver falling from the tower. A crow dived after it, and among its black feathers was a spot of color on its back. Gabriel cal…[Read more]
- Load More
