-
Lin replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@larchness Hi Chloe! Welcome to the Kingdom! We’re so glad to have you here!
I’m really glad that you found the articles on this site useful; they really are great.
Ooh, a graphic novel! Do you mind sharing a little about your WIP? I’d love to hear more about it.
What are some other hobbies that you have? Any favorite books, authors, or movies?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m
Maybe I can help you?
First of all, if it’s any comfort, I know exactly how you’re feeling. Trust me when I say that writing is hard, so that’s normal! But I’d like to try to offer some advice (sorry in advance for a long response…)#1. For your first struggle, this is what I would recommend: let your plot come from your protago…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@KingdomPenWriters.
I’m almost ready to start the second draft of my novel entitled ‘The Snow Warrior’ and (sad but true) after fifty thousand words of writing, I still don’t have a plot. I can’t figure out what my MC’s overall goal is. I mean, I have plenty of subplots, supporting characters, villains, animals, themes, symbols, backstories,…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Your book sounds awesome. It sounds like something I just read on the back of a dust jacket at the book store!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline Nice! I have a sweet tooth, though I’m afraid I don’t have much tolerance for spicy things.
You are probably one of the only people I have ever met to like Hallmark movies. I’m glad that someone enjoys them.
Ooh, drawing! If I didn’t write so much I would probably take up drawing again.
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Your story sounds BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Amazing work, coming up with it and sticking with it to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Welcome to the forum btw 😃)
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
You’re welcome and you are definitely not alone with that struggle.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline Welcome, welcome! We’re glad to have you here!
Your novel sounds quite interesting! And those are some great goals 🙂
I love To Kill a Mockingbird! Really great novel.
Let me summon up some questions…
1. Favorite foods?
2. Favorite movies?
3. Any other hobbies?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m Thank you so much! At least I know I’m not the only one who struggles with this problem! And that’s a really good idea, putting my characters in wacky situations and “watching” them respond to it… that’s a wonderful way to help me figure out their personalities! I don’t think I’ve ever thought about doing that, but I’ll try it! Thanks…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
You are definitely not alone in feeling like your characters seem the same personality-wise. That’s one of my biggest writing problems too.
I know it’s probably not much help with all the other great advice, but sometimes it helps to take a ‘test drive’ with my characters. It has helped me in the past. That is, putting the…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Hi! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! (I’m pretty new myself too).
Your novel sounds very interesting, I love seeing teens writing for Christ, which is a reason I joined too. I’m sure you’ll love it here, everyone I’ve met has been awesome.
Welcome to KP:)
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Hello From Me To Kingdom Pen! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Thanks:)
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline
IKR!!!!!!!!You’re ABSOLUTELY welcome, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Hahaha, well that’s basically typical with EVERYONE’S first draft!!!!!!!!! Aw, girl, ANY TIME!!!!!!!!! Whenever you’ve got writing questions, I’m just a quick email away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
WELCOME TO KINGDOM PEN, @joy-caroline! It’s wonderful to meet you! 🙂 I’m still a little new here myself, but I totally enjoy Kingdom Pen in the time I’ve been here! And wow, your novel sounds very fascinating! It makes me happy to see writers writing Biblical fiction, and I wish you the very best of luck! We’re all really happy you’ve joined KP!…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline
This is true! So how has writing/editing in The Apostle’s Sister going today? I got to read a little bit more in the first chapter. Sadly I was hoping to have completed it but my day got away from me. -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline
Yep!!!!! I just accepted your friend request!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aw, girl, I’m glad to know you trust my judgement on things. XD Much love to ya, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33 -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
OH MY GOODNESS, thank you so very much! You’ve saved my writing life immensely! I agree with 100% of what you said, and I suppose I’ve never thought of character voices that way, but it totally makes sense! That’s a great illustration to have different characters use distinct exclamations, or how they view sunsets, and all the other…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline
JOY CAROLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You’ve joined Kingdom’s Pen!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs* I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy you’re here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be soooo much fun!!!!! Anyway WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!! You’re gonna absolutely love it!! I’ve only been here since like Tuesday and it already feels like a…[Read more] -
Lin replied to the topic Hello From Me To Kingdom Pen! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m Ah that’s okay! I get ya. Whatever you’re comfortable with 🙂
Thanks for sharing, and congrats on winning NaNo! Good luck on working on it!
- Load More
